Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Homosexuality is a choice and nothing else!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I thought it a good idea that i venture my opinion on this matter, seeing as though this is an open forum. I asked my fiance about this and we had a good discussion where i tried to explain to her how some people have difficulties accepting that certain issues are natural - and by describintg them as "flawed" or their sexual preference as a "natural pop control" devalues and attaches an overal negative stereotype of what these people truly are.

HUMAN.

I study psychology and am so far doing very well with the studies and enabling myself to help others even while i am still learning. I have helped people with Anxiety, depression and other anxiety based disorders based on what i have learned, but that does not mean i am an expert. Far from it.

The interesting thing is that homosexuality as well as bi and trans sexual orientation, are still largly a taboo topic, with regards to majority of the population of the planet. Most consider it "unnatural" because they are of the heterosexual persuasion.

However, i must say that as homosexuality and bi/trans are NATURALLY occurring and a part of the continuum that encapsulates human kind (different strokes for different folks) - have done so since the dawn of man, that to them, this way of life IS normal - paradoxically, hetero behaviour is natural to heteros, though because we are the predominant sexuality on the planet, we feel entitled to push it as "right". We are all human and free to choose what we do and when - however sexuality is not necessarily "chosen", but more pre-disposed and NOT NECESSARILY a result of upbringing - those are stereotypes and misconceptions.

only about 15-20% of people exercise a tolerance and acceptance of others regardless of ethnicity and gender or sexual preference. The rest, are quite happy to submit to supporting negative steretypes of certain images because they agree with it to some degree, or are forced to concede to a social stereotype.

It comes down to a form of xenophobia(phobic, therefor irrational fears based on misconception of threat). A fear of "outsiders" - people who are 'different'. Anyone who is different is interpereted as a threat and treated as such or marginalised and stereotyped. Humans require, by our own heirachical knowledge structure, definitions and pidgeon holes by which to associate and group certain people and ideals/situations - it's how we learn and how we categorise things. In most forms, it is harmless - however it is how the individual acts upon these social stigmatic ideals that can mean there is a positive tolerance or a negative destructive influence.

It's all about level headed BALANCE.

As i said previously and as many others have said, sexual preference is no more a choice than you having a good natural sense of humour or hair colour naturally. These people (homo, bi/trans as well as hetero) are no more in control of their sexual identity than the superficial items mentioned above. To say that they "choose" insinutates that they are deliberately doing something that they "know" (because of what others say) is wrong or dirty or forbidden etc.

However, some people do not see sexuality as an issue and are quite happy to get their jollies from inanimate objects as well as animals and things that are TRULY unnacceptable, like children or deceased people. Yes, it's wierd and the latter of this "fetishes" are labelled as anti-social, and in my opinion, pedo's and beastiality is not COOl. Sex is for consenting ADULTS, people who will not subject others (hopefully) to pain or sufferring to merely service their own sexual needs.

though there is strong evidence to suggest that early sexual abuse and stress or post traumatic stress can lead to a twisted and distorted perception of what an individuals sexual preference is. Some people who go to prison, are effectively brainwashed into thinking they are gay, because they have been raped. I am sure many of us have heard the term "you're not gay if your giving and not taking". Quite the opposite actually.

I feel it a cop out, to say that they are a mechanism of nature by which to control population, or whether they "choose" to do it for whatever reason, maybe to get attention? i heave read that one before.

No, Gay & trans and Bi sexuality, are ALL natural occurrences within the human condition. Just because hetersexuality is the predominant factor in human existance makes it no more Right than the other options. I could go much further into an analysis however am running out of characters.

I have also read the argument that because a homosexual couple cnanot reproduce naturaly, that it is wrong. Well, that just paints it as an overal negative aspect of the individual. Is not another purpose (aside from procreation) to LOVE? and distribute love? i believe so.

It would be incredibly hard for a person with a sexuality differing to heteros, to be happy and comofortable, because of the social stigma attached to the life style. I have 2 gay friends and they are great people and great human beings, with much to contribute to society as well as friends and their family units.

Interestingly, not everyone will go on to get married, have kids and further the race, however because they are hetero, they are still seen as 'normal'. However, by going under the same premise that most do, that male/female reproduction to further the race is normal and necessary, why do we not hear people saying that this behaviour is "unnatural" ? ill leave you guys to decide that.

Finally, anyone can choose to act in a homosexual manner, the same as a homosexual can CHOOSE to act in a hetero manner. However, they (hetero/homo whichever) would not feel a connection to the person they were FORCING themselves to be with. You are what you are, that is out of your control, do what is natural to you, without hurting others. Dor a homosexual to date and marry a woman would be as damaging to them, as it would be for their parnter.

Be true to yourself and accept that which is out of your control.

women are much better at doing it than men i might add (being accepting). Women are more centralised, i know that bouncing off my missus one questions and issues like this is useful because she and other women demonstrate strong centralised/solid and balanced, well adjusted views on life.

Women, for me anyway, are surely the ying to my yang

that does not mean that a same sex couple cannot feel that connection too

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Very brave thread... gotta say that. Cuz after all, whenever one brings up controversial issues, they are bound to get ridiculous responses from all sides. (As I've noticed after just reading the first page!)

In answering this question... all I can think of is my own personal experiences regarding my obscure sexual preferences, and the discussions I've had with my best friend who happens to be a gay man. Although he is gay, and I'm a straight girl (with a fat fetish)... we can easily relate when it comes to sexual matters.

Both of us had to go through the confusing stage where you wonder why you're not attracted to the same people that all of your peers are attracted to, and then the realization that your 'not normal' according to others, and then the attempts to ignore your preference and appear normal, then finally realizing that it's silly and coming out about it.

Although being gay and having a fat fetish are two completely different things... I had to go through some of the same things that my friend did while growing up. And I know that my preference has been with me since I was an infant, so it must be either something ingrained in my subconscious from birth... or something that happened to me when I was so young that I wasn't able to form a memory of it. (And I have an abnormally good memory, which can actually suck sometimes).

So, in conclusion, (I think) homosexuality isn't a choice, but it's not really a genetic thing either. It's probably just one of those personality traits that is ingrained in the subconscious from birth. We can't explain why its there... it just IS.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinter Klaas
reply to post by nomorecruelty

I must ask. What is it about gay people that has a bad influence on you ?

I mean a child must be protected. An animal well we think it has no way to defend itself or have a choice in it ?

But a gay is only prictising gayhood with someone else who is gay. You say screw m because I dislike it they will have to live their lifes ( both of them ) alone.

Ps. Please tell me how you get does lines in between of the text( ---- )?

[edit on 25-3-2010 by Sinter Klaas]

The lines in between? lol - it's just the key up top of your keyboard to the right of the Zero (0) key - I just add the < key before the lines by hitting the < key at the bottom of the keyboard.

And to answer your other question, I have been homosexual "free" for over a year now - I grew up in the "lesbian" lifestyle, yes by choice, but I kept trying to tell myself that I didn't have a choice - I was always a tomboy, blah blah blah.

Am I straight now? No - I am still not attracted to men in that way - BUT I have prayed for God to take the lust part away, and He has - but I did make a choice to get out of the lifestyle.

What it took for me was realizing that I was going against God's laws and needed to quit putting my "needs/wants/lust" ahead of His will and laws.

Sex free? I guess that is my new "label" now - but to be honest, I'm much more happier without it. Given the diseases, the drama, and the headache of it all - I'm far happier just the way I am now.

And before anyone jumps in to attack me - no, I do not hate "gays" now - I do think I understand them more since I have been in their shoes for a very long time.
And I'm not on some sort of agenda to "convert" or even "bash" homosexuals - it has to be a personal choice and one that the person is really serious about. But it isn't impossible - I'm proof of that.
My choice involved thinking a different way, acting a different way, and praying alot. And this has worked for me.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by nomorecruelty

But one thing to remember - no matter HOW society today has changed, or changes, God has never changed - His Word, and laws, are still in effect for us today.

Mankind has just "CHOSEN" to blatantly desecrate them.

But one thing for you to remember:
Not everybody shares your religious beliefs.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dank513

Originally posted by Armin
Today, there are a great number of people convinced that being gay is not a choice. People are gay because they want to be gay. I don't understand why straight people, defend them by saying it's not a choice, you try to defend them by comparing them to animals which you guys claim are "gay". All your are doing is choosing to go against God's revelation and teaching's. For myself, God's opinion matters more to me than any person that would try to tell me and convince me that homosexuality is not a choice. So, I also don't care what your respondes are to my comment, the Qur'an and the old scriptures teach me to warn people that if they commit in homosexual behavior, then they will be dealt by God when their day comes. Have a nice day and remain blessed everybody.

Deuteronomy 22:13) ''If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads."

Thank you for your ignorance. It truly helps progress.
/sarc

I disagree - it isn't "ignorance" - it is God's law on homosexuality.

You have a choice to call it ignorance - the poster had a choice

to stick to her beliefs.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   

You're a girl !. I would have never guesed that from your all the post I read from you. Funny actually.

But I'm afraid you are not gay then but bisexual.
I do think it's great you've found your way in life.
Only few can say that.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pauligirl

But one thing to remember - no matter HOW society today has changed, or changes, God has never changed - His Word, and laws, are still in effect for us today.

Mankind has just "CHOSEN" to blatantly desecrate them.

But one thing for you to remember:
Not everybody shares your religious beliefs.

And again, that's their choice whether they share them or not.

I don't have any problems with people choosing to be any way
that they want to be - thief, murderer, fast driver (lol) or whatever
they choose -

BUT, I just want to remind anyone who chooses to do evil - there
are consequences to their actions.

As long as they are aware of that, and they don't affect my life, I
pretty much keep my mouth shut.

The ONLY reason I speak out for our planet's moral laws is because
I've walked in those shoes before - and I felt the need to make a choice
of whether I wanted the consequences, or whether I wanted to do what
was morally right in God's eyes.

I chose God.

People have a choice - that is what I've been trying to say. lol

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   
There are people who are wired to write with their right hands, others with left hand. Are the lefties "mutants" ? Are the right-hand writers "normal" while the "lefties" are mutants? Do they write with their left hand by choice alone ?

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinter Klaas

You're a girl !. I would have never guesed that from your all the post I read from you. Funny actually.

But I'm afraid you are not gay then but bisexual.
I do think it's great you've found your way in life.
Only few can say that.

lol no I'm not bisexual - I guess I'm NoSexual?

And yes, I'm a girl. But I can throw a mean softball.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by bonekeeper
There are people who are wired to write with their right hands, others with left hand. Are the lefties "mutants" ? Are the right-hand writers "normal" while the "lefties" are mutants? Do they write with their left hand by choice alone ?

And what about those awful, sinful lowlife ambidextrious people?????

So sorry I so couldn't resist -

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
People have the right be what they ARE. In psychology it is WELL KNOWN than people do NOT choose to be gay, but they ARE. It is something that manifests during the teenage years and is from then on, a steadfast part of themselves. Denying of which, is soul destroying for those who attempt it.

I think it's sad that there are people pushing religious beliefs in a forum like this. This is about level headed discussion, not pushing your own "Gods" point of view on everyone else.

My fiance and i discussed this as well, if God, the almighty, truly created manking and everything herein then gave us free choice, why would he essentially create homosexuals (natrually occurring) only to punish them.

Im not going to bash religion, but i believe in God and Jesus and jesus preached acceptance and tollerance. You dont have to like what everyone does, you just have to accept that it IS, as long as they are not doing anything wrong to you, you have nothing to worry about and to be honets it is none of your business.

I suggest you read the large post i made on page 8.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I don't get this. What's so hard to understand? I've got several gay friends, and within each of those individuals there is created a singular question which I haven't seen even touched upon...

Why on God's green Earth would anyone "choose" to be gay? Seriously! Would you voluntarily "choose" to be a minority segment of the population so derided that those of the religious cloth would decree you hell fodder for the way you are? Would you voluntarily "choose" to be so different from your peers that if they found out, they would at best alienate you from the rest of the herd, or at worst, act hateful or violent towards you? Would you voluntarily "choose" to be considered so out-of-the-norm that the department of labor would have to put an exception clause on all job applications just to ensure that you weren't discriminated against?

Seriously, get a grip. People are gay because they're hard-wired that way. Call it a mutation, a naturally occuring schizm in the genetic code, whatever. In my experience, those who are gay are so because they have to be, not because they choose to. If they're lucky, they become comfortable enough with their own sexuality to where posts like these don't bother them.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by FeralMonkeyMagic
People have the right be what they ARE. In psychology it is WELL KNOWN than people do NOT choose to be gay, but they ARE. It is something that manifests during the teenage years and is from then on, a steadfast part of themselves. Denying of which, is soul destroying for those who attempt it.

I think it's sad that there are people pushing religious beliefs in a forum like this. This is about level headed discussion, not pushing your own "Gods" point of view on everyone else.

My fiance and i discussed this as well, if God, the almighty, truly created manking and everything herein then gave us free choice, why would he essentially create homosexuals (natrually occurring) only to punish them.

Im not going to bash religion, but i believe in God and Jesus and jesus preached acceptance and tollerance. You dont have to like what everyone does, you just have to accept that it IS, as long as they are not doing anything wrong to you, you have nothing to worry about and to be honets it is none of your business.

I suggest you read the large post i made on page 8.

God didn't create homosexuals - no more than He created burglars, child molesters, murderers or fast drivers. (ha)

You can think you have a tendency towards a certain "fetish" but not act on it - that is where the "choice" comes in. To give in to homosexual, or pre marital sex, is basically saying I can't control my hormones so *I'm* going to do what *I* want, and what makes *me* feel good - and if anyone tries to hold me accountable, I can just blame it on the hormones.

Also, I'm not "pushing" my beliefs on anyone - I am simply sharing by posting, like everyone else - it is your choice (funny how that word keeps popping up) whether you want to read it or not.

The entire "homosexual" issue's controversy stems from God, and the Bible - so it's kinda difficult to not bring Him up when people are discussing that issue.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Legion2112
I don't get this. What's so hard to understand? I've got several gay friends, and within each of those individuals there is created a singular question which I haven't seen even touched upon...

Why on God's green Earth would anyone "choose" to be gay? Seriously! Would you voluntarily "choose" to be a minority segment of the population so derided that those of the religious cloth would decree you hell fodder for the way you are? Would you voluntarily "choose" to be so different from your peers that if they found out, they would at best alienate you from the rest of the herd, or at worst, act hateful or violent towards you? Would you voluntarily "choose" to be considered so out-of-the-norm that the department of labor would have to put an exception clause on all job applications just to ensure that you weren't discriminated against?

Seriously, get a grip. People are gay because they're hard-wired that way. Call it a mutation, a naturally occuring schizm in the genetic code, whatever. In my experience, those who are gay are so because they have to be, not because they choose to. If they're lucky, they become comfortable enough with their own sexuality to where posts like these don't bother them.

I don't think the choice comes in about 'being gay' - I think it comes in at the "choosing" to engage in the homosexual sex.

If that makes any sense? lol

You can be gay and choose not to have sex - just as you can be straight and choose not to have sex.

Only difference being, straight sex is morally acceptable if you are married -
Gay sex isn't.

And once again, that choice is up to the individual. But all of us - EVERYONE is presented with choices everyday of whether they want to give in to sin or not.

Do I steal that or not? Do I tell that lie or not? Do I have sex or not? Etc.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   

How does two consenting adults' actions in the privacy of their own homes affect you negatively?

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   

But it's not what you said. Quoting you from above "Am I straight now? No - I am still not attracted to men in that way "

So you can't choose to be attracted to a man. It wasn't your choice to be attracted to women either. It just is what it is.

The only time choice comes in is in deciding to act on the attraction.
Not everybody wants to give up happiness.

[edit on 3/25/2010 by Pauligirl]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
"The Gospel According to John"

Hmmm

Not My words but for those self professing Roman bible followers...

Ch. 1 Verse 3. Quote;

All (NOT Some things) were made through HIM (God), and without
HIM (God) nothing was made that was made

I am straight but hey stop attacking what has been Created by the One LIFE...

The LIGHT of Man is The LIFE of God...

If you condemn His Creation... You condemn yourselves.

[edit on 25-3-2010 by The Matrix Traveller]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by DisappearCompletely

How does two consenting adults' actions in the privacy of their own homes affect you negatively?

If those two consenting adults in question are a married heterosexual couple, it doesn't.

If those two consenting adults in question are of the same sex, it does - it has, is, and will continue to tear down the moral fibers of our society. It affects me that this consenting same sex couple is part of a movement/agenda/whatever that wants to change our laws to force me/society into accepting their sin into my society. It affects me that this consenting same sex couple will probably be present strutting their feathers and rainbows, half naked, up and down my city's Main St. My children will be affected because of these two consenting same sex couple's drive to push homosexual education (aka acceptance) into my child's classroom - therefore causing my child to question his/her own moral beliefs and possibly beginning to believe that maybe being a homosexual isn't so wrong, or bad. It affects me when my church is desecrated by homosexuals that want to force preachers to stop speaking against homosexuality during services.

It affects me in numerous ways - as it does all of society, and there are far too many ways to even mention in one post.

It's one of those areas that there is going to be victims - whether the proposing side wants to acknowledge it or not.

And like the homosexuals, I too have a choice - of whether I want to accept *your* sin in my society, and around my children.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   

That's quite the revelation! Doesn't it bother you though, that you have to fight the urge to be who you've always been just to find acceptance in God's eyes? Even now, you admit that you're not sexually attracted to men and God refuses to answer your prayers to make that a reality. Don't you think that maybe that's God's way of telling you to be who you are? Believe you me, Heterosexuals are no more immune to STDs and drama than homosexuals. You just need to practice safe sex (or abstinence) and look for a compatible partner.

Jesus, who was your God incarnate, said nothing at all about homosexuality. If it were such a dire sin, one that would soon develop into it's own "agenda" to corrupt the souls of millions, don't you think he would have warned us? Don't you think it's odd that the OT God was a God of wrath and vengeance, yet Jesus was the most peaceful soul you could ever hope to encounter? Maybe God wasn't able to get his true message of love and acceptance through to us until he could do it in the flesh, and not through some interpreter biased by the time and place in which he lived.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pauligirl

But it's not what you said. Quoting you from above "Am I straight now? No - I am still not attracted to men in that way "

So you can't choose to be attracted to a man. It wasn't your choice to be attracted to women either. It just is what it is.

The only time choice comes in is in deciding to act on the attraction.
Not everybody wants to give up happiness.

[edit on 3/25/2010 by Pauligirl]

You are correct - not alot of people are going to give up their happiness - and that is their choice.

I, on the other hand, have chosen to think outside of the earthly box - the only happiness I've known in our realm is limited to a "human" mind - but being a firm believer in God, I know there is more to life than what is here on Earth. And I'm willing to fore go what we consider "happiness" here, for what I know God will offer us later - if we choose the right paths in our life.

And as I said earlier, it's a personal choice - everyone has to make their own.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join