It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homosexuality is a choice and nothing else!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by nomorecruelty

Have you experienced any pressure to be gay ?

I have not. I am not.
And their is a difference between an impuls ( reacting to a situation ) and a feeling which is always there and never leaves.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by hippomchippo
What? I never said that.

Listen, I am saying that you are saying that because you are saying that there is no possiblity of choice making at the subconscious level.

Why are you trying to go away from the topic?
Tell me what exactly attraction is to you then, is it a choice aswell?
Do you choose to be in love with someone?

I`m not going away from the topic, if you let go of the subconscious argument I can too, no prob.

Of COURSE you chose to be in love with someone
you don`t chose love, love choses u hahahaah, that is for cheap movies man

I chose to like slim women, I chose to like narrow stomachs with medium sized breasts. That is choice.

See if love or attraction is not a choice then it can not be broken by choice
but we agree that divorce is a choice right

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by nomorecruelty

If something is in the subconscious, that doesn't mean a person is "required" to act on it.

People have a choice - it doesn't matter if it's a limp wristed male who sashays
more than I do - who wears pink fingernail polish on Fridays.........

..... EVERY PERSON has a choice in EVERY situation.

Most just take the easy way out - they don't want to go against
the grain - so they go with the mass general public.

Peer pressure I think they used to call it.

We know they don't, thats why people come out of the closet, because they have been surpressing their real feelings.

[edit on 25-3-2010 by hippomchippo]

Ok, so what's going to happen when pedophiles or persons that engage in bestiality come forward and claim they have been "suppressing" their "true feelings" and "emotions" - do we accept their behavior into "normal" society, around our children?

You can't condone one while condemning the others - it doesn't work that way.

[edit on 25-3-2010 by nomorecruelty]

No we don't, because pedophiles negatively affect others, aswell as people that engage in beastiality.
I think I can condone one while condeming the others, It's what happened when Law and Order was being applied all over the world.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Money is not and never will be natural just as chocolat will never be.

You need to alter, mix and so on to get chocolate. Maybe you should try and chew on a cacao bean. You will learn it does not taste like chocolate at all

Sexuality is always there you don't need to do a thing about it.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   

"Natural attraction" has nothing to do with it - I'm "naturally"
attracted to chocolate - and lots of it.

Does that mean I gorge myself out on chocolate JUST because
I have a "natural attraction" to it?

No - because I know that it will cause my body damage and could
possibly seriously affect my health.

I may have a "natural attraction" to money - so I have a choice of
whether to rob a bank or not.
Due to the consequences, I choose NOT to.

Chocolate cravings - sex cravings - money cravings .......

There is still a choice within ALL situations. Your body's hormones
are no exception. And by all rights, with the amount of diseases in
today's world, sex should be the last "attraction" we 'choose' to
give in to.

That attraction still exists and you're only surpressing it though.
All you're saying is it's possible to surpress natural attraction, I DONT DISAGREE.
I'm saying it's a bad thing to surpress natural attraction in the case of gay people.

So "gay" people are in a "special" category?

So back to my previous question - what about pedophiles. I'm sure they could present the same argument. They, too, have been forced to "suppress" their "true feelings" and "emotions".

And I'm sure they, too, think that their community is "different" too -

Where does one draw the moral line -

A sin is a sin - you can't exclude gays from the moral sin list - if we did, we would then have to exclude bestiality/pedophiles as well.

So basically, it sounds to me like the gays are wanting "special" rights - because they are "gay" and "different" than the pedophiles and bestiality persons?

You can't have it both ways, my friend.

What you are wanting, I feel, is for society to be forced to accept the gay community as "normal" - and I'm afraid that is never going to happen - no matter how many laws they change.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

What? I never said that.

Listen, I am saying that you are saying that because you are saying that there is no possiblity of choice making at the subconscious level.

Why are you trying to go away from the topic?
Tell me what exactly attraction is to you then, is it a choice aswell?
Do you choose to be in love with someone?

I`m not going away from the topic, if you let go of the subconscious argument I can too, no prob.

Of COURSE you chose to be in love with someone
you don`t chose love, love choses u hahahaah, that is for cheap movies man

I chose to like slim women, I chose to like narrow stomachs with medium sized breasts. That is choice.

See if love or attraction is not a choice then it can not be broken by choice
but we agree that divorce is a choice right

You can say things are choices, but that doesn't make it so, sorry, your word does not automatically = fact.
I bet you really like slim women because of cultural changes, if you lived 200 years ago for example you probably would have liked heavier women, but that doesn't change the fact that homosexuals have been persecuted for their ''Choice'', why would they choose to be killed?
And also, the subconscious does not make choices, the conscious does, the subconscious tells the conscious what to do, then the conscious decides to do it, or not.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I choose a nice ass and a couple of pounds on the side because I dislike skinny. Unfortunately I keep alling in love with kinny assless big breasted girls.
Not really my choice I assure you.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinter Klaas

Money is not and never will be natural just as chocolat will never be.

You need to alter, mix and so on to get chocolate. Maybe you should try and chew on a cacao bean. You will learn it does not taste like chocolate at all

Sexuality is always there you don't need to do a thing about it.

What?? lol

Sex is always there, sure but a person normally isn't in the mood on a whim at the drop of a hat, every day for every hour of the day.

There has to be stimulation, attraction yes, etc.

Chocolate is no different - you have to have a "taste" for it, which involves your taste/attraction to chocolate.

It really is no different - all "cravings" are one in the same. And all come with a choice.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   

"Natural attraction" has nothing to do with it - I'm "naturally"
attracted to chocolate - and lots of it.

Does that mean I gorge myself out on chocolate JUST because
I have a "natural attraction" to it?

No - because I know that it will cause my body damage and could
possibly seriously affect my health.

I may have a "natural attraction" to money - so I have a choice of
whether to rob a bank or not.
Due to the consequences, I choose NOT to.

Chocolate cravings - sex cravings - money cravings .......

There is still a choice within ALL situations. Your body's hormones
are no exception. And by all rights, with the amount of diseases in
today's world, sex should be the last "attraction" we 'choose' to
give in to.

That attraction still exists and you're only surpressing it though.
All you're saying is it's possible to surpress natural attraction, I DONT DISAGREE.
I'm saying it's a bad thing to surpress natural attraction in the case of gay people.

So "gay" people are in a "special" category?

So back to my previous question - what about pedophiles. I'm sure they could present the same argument. They, too, have been forced to "suppress" their "true feelings" and "emotions".

And I'm sure they, too, think that their community is "different" too -

Where does one draw the moral line -

A sin is a sin - you can't exclude gays from the moral sin list - if we did, we would then have to exclude bestiality/pedophiles as well.

So basically, it sounds to me like the gays are wanting "special" rights - because they are "gay" and "different" than the pedophiles and bestiality persons?

You can't have it both ways, my friend.

What you are wanting, I feel, is for society to be forced to accept the gay community as "normal" - and I'm afraid that is never going to happen - no matter how many laws they change.

Yes, the same way straight people are a special catergory and bisexual people are a special category.
We have morals to tell us what is or is not correct.
We don't allow pedophiles to have special rights because they harm children, homosexuals do not do this.
Anyway, I'm going to bed, I'll check this in the morning.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Yes I agree with you on sex. It is lust that causes sex.

We were talking about being gay. Being gay does not mean you have to have sex.

Edit. I'm on occasion horny without any outside stimulus. Just like that.
Being a pedophile is all about moral just like you got killed being gay in the past.

Don't think I'm saying child abuse is a good thing. It's not.

[edit on 25-3-2010 by Sinter Klaas]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
[edit on 25-3-2010 by nomorecruelty]
No we don't, because pedophiles negatively affect others, aswell as people that engage in beastiality.
I think I can condone one while condeming the others, It's what happened when Law and Order was being applied all over the world.

============================================

Oh, so *you* believe that pedophiles, not homosexuals, negatively affect others -

Ok, I'm affected negatively by homosexuals.

There went that theory.

See what I'm saying - you are gay, so you think gays are "different" and should be excluded from any negativity from society.

The pedophiles are pedophiles, and think that pedophiles are "different" and should be excluded from any negativity from society.

Bestiality people are bestiality people, and think that bestiality people are "different" and should be excluded from any negativity from society.

And.........
I'm none of the above - I think all three are sins. And all three affect me negatively.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Yes I agree with you on sex. It is lust that causes sex.

We were talking about being gay. Being gay does not mean you have to have sex.

Edit. I'm on occasion horny without any outside stimulus. Just like that.
Being a pedophile is all about moral just like you got killed being gay in the past.

Don't think I'm saying child abuse is a good thing. It's not.

I understand that - but what I'm saying is that every person has a choice no matter what the "attraction/lust/hunger" may be.

A person makes that conscious choice to engage in homosexual behavior - the same way a straight person does.

And I'm not picking on any one group - because I also believe that you shouldn't have sex if you are not married - TO the person you are having sex with.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   

I must ask. What is it about gay people that has a bad influence on you ?

I mean a child must be protected. An animal well we think it has no way to defend itself or have a choice in it ?

But a gay is only prictising gayhood with someone else who is gay. You say screw m because I dislike it they will have to live their lifes ( both of them ) alone.

Ps. Please tell me how you get does lines in between of the text( ---- )?

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Animals don't have the power to Think.

So just because they do it doesn't make it right.

Nature doesn't make mistakes.

What kind of reasoning is that? If animals are observed to carry on homosexual relations in their natural habitats, and nature doesn't make mistakes, then isn't it only rational to assume that homosexuality isn't a mistake?

To those who keep spouting off about a "gay" gene, what makes you think homosexuality couldn't come about from some other natural process?

WASHINGTON -- Men who have several older brothers have an increased chance of being gay -- whether they were raised together or not -- a finding researchers say adds weight to the idea that sexual orientation is based in biology. The increase was seen in men with older brothers from the same mother, but not those who had stepbrothers or adopted brothers who were older. "It's likely to be a prenatal effect," said Anthony Bogaert of Brock University in St. Catharines, Ontario, who did the research. "This and other studies suggest that there is probably a biological basis" for homosexuality.

www.seattlepi.com...

If homosexuality is a choice, then when did you decide to become heterosexual? Do you honestly believe anyone would willingly choose to subject themselves to the hateful prejudice that exists in this world? When the only reaction they get for being gay is scorn or assault (or worse), don't you think they'd change their minds and choose to be straight?

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Armin
Today, there are a great number of people convinced that being gay is not a choice. People are gay because they want to be gay. I don't understand why straight people, defend them by saying it's not a choice, you try to defend them by comparing them to animals which you guys claim are "gay". All your are doing is choosing to go against God's revelation and teaching's. For myself, God's opinion matters more to me than any person that would try to tell me and convince me that homosexuality is not a choice. So, I also don't care what your respondes are to my comment, the Qur'an and the old scriptures teach me to warn people that if they commit in homosexual behavior, then they will be dealt by God when their day comes. Have a nice day and remain blessed everybody.

Deuteronomy 22:13) ''If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads."

Thank you for your ignorance. It truly helps progress.
/sarc

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Ok
Honosty is a virtue.

It is what you believe is the right way.
But what about others ? Other who do not share your believe ?
Are you going to force them ?

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I guess to bottom line it, for me anyhow - living a homosexual life has
always been morally wrong. Just as bestiality, and pedophilia, etc.

The ONLY difference is that more people today (there's that "evil
generation again) are CHOOSING to engage in it, and there are enough
in today's world that they all now want to try to force society into
accepting their behavior/sin.

Homosexuality has been a sin/wrong from the getgo - just as the other
"immoral" acts I mentioned above. Today is no different than 2 thousand
years ago - mankind is choosing to go against God's laws for us.

And yes, I know the homosexual lifestyle has been evident in society
before - but you can look at how those societies fared for proof that
it has never been "accepted" - it's always played a part in the downfall of
a society - just as all other moral sins.

I know there are billions of people out there that want to believe that today is "different", our society is "different" from what it used to be ........... and I know those same billions of people also want to collectively ignore God's clear message on homosexuality.

But one thing to remember - no matter HOW society today has changed, or changes, God has never changed - His Word, and laws, are still in effect for us today.

Mankind has just "CHOSEN" to blatantly desecrate them.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Ok
Honosty is a virtue.

It is what you believe is the right way.
But what about others ? Other who do not share your believe ?
Are you going to force them ?

Oh no, no - I'm not going to force anyone to do anything - people believe what they want to believe, again, that is a CHOICE we all have.

All I'm saying is I hope they are not being deceived into thinking that "just because" today's society is more accepting of the homosexual lifestyle, doesn't mean for one minute that it's any less of a moral sin in God's eyes, or in most of society's eyes.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Yes up on to the point I will have to say again. What about the 3 or 4 billion people on earth who do not share this believe ?

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   

============================================

Oh, so *you* believe that pedophiles, not homosexuals, negatively affect others -

Ok, I'm affected negatively by homosexuals.

There went that theory.

See what I'm saying - you are gay, so you think gays are "different" and should be excluded from any negativity from society.

The pedophiles are pedophiles, and think that pedophiles are "different" and should be excluded from any negativity from society.

Bestiality people are bestiality people, and think that bestiality people are "different" and should be excluded from any negativity from society.

And.........
I'm none of the above - I think all three are sins. And all three affect me negatively.

Homosexuality involves consenting adults. Two people doing something that doesn't harm anyone else.

How does it affect you negatively? Other than the fact you just don't like it?

Do you honestly believe that anyone wakes up one day and says “hmmm, I think I’ll be homosexual?”

Why would anyone “choose” a lifestyle that almost insures being hated, spit upon and assaulted?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join