It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homosexuality is a choice and nothing else!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
My understanding of homosexuality is this:

Homosexuality is not a choice ! It could be a choice, someone could choose to be gay. The only condition would probably be that he or she is already bisexual and then the choice can be made.

I think it is disgusting to see two guys kissing. However two girlz mmm... I like. If they are pretty otherwise still disgusted.

It has been shown watched it on tv that the gay brain works different then that of a hetero brain if this is a gene thing ? Probably is a factor.
If it is human ? Yes. Just like being a psychopath or goody miss two shoes. We are all different.
The existence of this topic being an issue disgust me even more !
Do you know why ? I'll tell ya.

It's because it is telling more about you then it does about gay people.
You draw a line, You judge, You think you are better then gay people, You are pushing your view on others, You are intolerant, You are the one who creates the problem in the first place. Don't worry about it ! You act like that well... Because You are human. ( Not addressed to the OP but to all creating the problem. )

Oh and animal homosexuality is not a lie ! I've seen it with my own eyes. I've seen it on many different video clips. There is in a zoo even a gay penguin couple which even tried to raise a chick ( baby penguin )

For all Christian gay bashers. You must really hate your selves. As I recall Jesus Christ preaches love your enemy as you love yourself. My experience is that you hate your gay like you would hate your enemy.
What you do is your choice but do not push your ways or frown upon civilised manners. Let them be, Let all be ! Simply love them and choose not to interact with them. Which would be difficult, interaction is also not always a choice.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
So, a boy child of which in most cases are as innocent as can be, is by " some reason attracted to dolls and play houses and doesnt like the regular boy things. well that never changes as the child grows up. is that a choice? or maybe an internal wiring thing. As many posters have already stated, it is not always a choice. It is born in.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Sex is either consensual, or else it is non-consensual---which is known as rape.

If sex is consensual, then the person agrees to it. If the sex is NOT a choice, then it was rape of some sort.

Ergo, any sexual act that a person enters into willingly is a "choice."

Now, if someone claims that they are aroused by certain sights or sensations, that is a separate issue. Although I would point out that even there, the individual can choose the RESPONSE to a stimulus/temptation/what-have-you.

Personally, I don't believe in sexual "orientation." You are as gay, as straight, or as bi as your last sexual encounter---or the one you are trying to hook up right now.

If I go vegan for a while, it wouldn't be genuine, would it? Because I have a carnivore orientation, right?

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

Not every gay is a girly gay you know.
Just like not every gay is male. But you are correct. A girly gay has to come out for himself while all the world already knows.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by tovenar

Being Gay is nothing like being vegan. You are gay or you are not.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by tovenar

Sex is either consensual, or else it is non-consensual---which is known as rape.

If sex is consensual, then the person agrees to it. If the sex is NOT a choice, then it was rape of some sort.

Ergo, any sexual act that a person enters into willingly is a "choice."

Now, if someone claims that they are aroused by certain sights or sensations, that is a separate issue. Although I would point out that even there, the individual can choose the RESPONSE to a stimulus/temptation/what-have-you.

Personally, I don't believe in sexual "orientation." You are as gay, as straight, or as bi as your last sexual encounter---or the one you are trying to hook up right now.

If I go vegan for a while, it wouldn't be genuine, would it? Because I have a carnivore orientation, right?

Yes, they can choose to respond to a stimulus, and they did, for thousands of years when gays were being opressed, now they're starting to express their true feelings. I won't comment on your sex = choice thing as sexuality is not sex. And also humans are omnivores, not carnivores.

[edit on 25-3-2010 by hippomchippo]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinter Klaas
reply to post by tovenar

Being Gay is nothing like being vegan. You are gay or you are not.

What about bisexuals? which are they?

the whole either/or demarcation makes everything so strident and political.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by tovenar

They are not gay but as you already said, they are bisexual. By far the only group of people you can say that have a choice.

edit.
They do not have a choice, when they fall in love they, they fall in love.
Their options are just well... you know.

[edit on 25-3-2010 by Sinter Klaas]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Emerald The Paradigm
Of course homosexuality is a choice and nothing else.

People like to say there's a "gay" gene, but there's no scientific proof for that.

It's just an excuse they want to use to endorse their wrong lifestyles.

Typical excuses for supporting homosexuality:

1)It happens in the animal kingdom so it's right

-Nope, just because animals do it doesn't make it right because if that was the case, then we should be hunting others like cannibals and eating them too.

2)I know a friend who knows a friend who has a friend who plays with dolls and likes boys

-You are not a homosexual unless you do something SEXUAL with a guy, you know like rear end sex. Just because a boy plays with dolls doesn't make him gay.

3)There's a gay gene

-Nope there actually isn't, and there's no scientific proof for that.

4)People who don't agree with homosexuality are secret closet homos

-Sorry not going to work here. This is just like the "anti-semitic" card you see people draw when Israel is criticized.

Case Dismissed.

[edit on 25-3-2010 by Emerald The Paradigm]

Stay tuned for the next "Golden Nugget of Wisdom" from this guy. Emerald The Paradigm is always right in my book, especially since we all died when he predicted doomsday would be this month, and my friends and relatives got their legs blown off in the 100% war in February.

You're a crock...full of shyt.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by hippomchippo

I won't comment on your sex = choice thing as sexuality is not sex.

Not for you, anyway.

Seriously, sex is not a choice? Sexuality in humans is an unbelieveably complex constellation of behaviors--some of them subconscious, but many of them specifically groomed and emphasized by the individual.

Think of a non-sexual trait in humans by way of comparison. Say, obesity. Is obesity a choice? Granted, no one would choose obesity. Yet on the other hand, people are obese as the end result of a whole slew of choices they make, regardless of whether the individual accepts any personal responsibility for their habits.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by tovenar

Originally posted by hippomchippo

I won't comment on your sex = choice thing as sexuality is not sex.

Not for you, anyway.

Seriously, sex is not a choice? Sexuality in humans is an unbelieveably complex constellation of behaviors--some of them subconscious, but many of them specifically groomed and emphasized by the individual.

Think of a non-sexual trait in humans by way of comparison. Say, obesity. Is obesity a choice? Granted, no one would choose obesity. Yet on the other hand, people are obese as the end result of a whole slew of choices they make, regardless of whether the individual accepts any personal responsibility for their habits.

Sex is a choice, sexuality is not.
Gay people can choose who they have sex with, they can PRETEND to be straight and have sex with women, but they will still have their true feelings.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
homosexuality occurs naturally within the animal kingdom, do you think those animals choose to be gay? Thats all I have to say on the matter for now

Animals are not "homosexuals" - where do you people get this stuff?

Animals rely heavily on "scent" - how they acquire that "scent" is done in various ways.

But to say, or imply, that an animal is a lesbian or homosexual male......... is laughable.

You'll have to come up with something better than that?

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by tovenar

That's why they have given it a place under mental conditions.
( about obese people )

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I will have to disagree...but it is contagious

link   

Originally posted by Deaf Alien
Can you make the decision to be attracted to people of the same sex?

Why or why not?

That question is irrelevant
Can I make the decision to pick up a knife and stab a the neighbourhood cat that's always screaming?
No because i'm not like that
it doesn't mean I have a gene inside of me that doens't like to murder innocent cats

Even if you bring it to a subconscious level, it's still a choice
I choose not to be an evil person, so I don't go around killing cats

link   

Originally posted by Sinter Klaas
reply to post by tovenar

They are not gay but as you already said, they are bisexual. By far the only group of people you can say that have a choice.

whoa. some some people are innately more free that other people???? Are gay people more.... robotic... that bi's?

They do not have a choice, when they fall in love they, they fall in love.
Their options are just well... you know.

HEY! there's the REAL difference between you and I. And it's not even about sex, per se. I don't believe that people FALL in love. I believe that they feel attraction, and decide whether or not to reciprocate.

I think that love is a choice. I cannot control whom I lust after. But when I am attracted to someone whom I know doesn't love me, or cannot love me back, I refuse to LET myself love that person.

So, there's the difference, in a nutshell. I don't believe that love is something that happens to you. you have to build love together, not just respond to whatever mood you happen to be in right now. that's lust, not love, and it only lasts about 9 days longer than the sexual infatuation phase.

cheers

link   
reply to post by nomorecruelty

Gay penguin couple. ( Not just two isolated males )

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Originally posted by Deaf Alien
Can you make the decision to be attracted to people of the same sex?

Why or why not?

That question is irrelevant
Can I make the decision to pick up a knife and stab a the neighbourhood cat that's always screaming?
No because i'm not like that
it doesn't mean I have a gene inside of me that doens't like to murder innocent cats

Even if you bring it to a subconscious level, it's still a choice
I choose not to be an evil person, so I don't go around killing cats

If it's in the subconscious how is it a choice?

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
You ever been so mad at someone you think

you could rip their head off?

But you didn't - know why?

Because you had a CHOICE - to rip their

head off or not.

Same thing with homosexuality - you have a

choice. You can go with it, or you can reject

it.

Stop trying to blame all sins on science or genetics.

It's human nature to sin - with satan's blessings.

The choice is up to the individual.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tykonos
I find it amazig that there are people still out there in society that believe being gay is a choice.

Most gay people if not all find the process of coming out to family and friends very painful, even today. If it were simly down to choice most would choose to be straight, it's far easier.

That`s ridiculous and laughable.
First of all many DO chose to remain straight despite being gay
im sure you are aware of this

joining the military can be difficult too, but people still join.

Originally posted by Tykonos
As for being a mutant!!! We are all unique, no two people are the same, so that would make you a mutant too.

That doesn`t make any sense at all

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join