It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homosexuality is a choice and nothing else!

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Tykonos

Of course gay males can pretend, and there is plenty of straight males who are gay, but society shoved them into being straight, which is not them.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by shagreen heart

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by SlapBassist531

I'd say the main factors of those that go homosexual tend to stem back towards relationships with their parents. Such as say for a male homosexual, he most likely has had problems with his father whether the father being abusive or not there, still a similar outcome, just as to if a mother babies the son too much I think it can lead to homosexual tendancies because they will pick up the femaniness...

Nope. Wrong, this was the thinking back in the dark ages! (The 1950s, I believe).

I had NO problems with my father, he never hit me, never abused me, barely ever raised his voice (even when I scratched my name on the dashboard of his new car...hey, I was maybe three?)

My mother? DEFINATELY not the "babying" type...she was the sort who'd throw you into the pool and shout "Swim!"

so that empirical evidence disproves that line of thinking? i say it reinforces it. you had a softspoken, gentle dad, and a more abbrasive mother. wouldn't you then prefer men because of that relationship?

homosexuality is not genetic or a mutation in DNA.
homosexuality only occurs in nature in extreme situations of species displacement/scarcity and the primal urge to mate is so overwhelming two animals will try to have a relationship.
homosexuality in humans is the simple cocktail of both nature and nurture. the relationship with your parents/family members and peers, and the chemical influences from your environment during important stages of development. that's all.

it shouldn't be any different for humans than animals. were so much more susceptiple to this change in behavior because of our huge psychological and emotional thresholds.

You've never been to a cattle ranch eh? Free range bulls will mate with what ever they please when the mood hits, if it happens to be a steer... poor steer. It's not an extreme circumstance by any stretch of the imagination, nor is from lack of options. I think that sex drive is a little too complex to actually classify into black and white.

I'm not gay, nor have I ever had the urge to be. I have gay relatives and it doesn't bother me. They have every right to be as miserable as the rest of us. As far as the religious aspect, I really don't think that on one hand you can condemn gays, but on the other attempt to cover up sex crime in the clergy. If they don't attend your church then you can't push that agenda. Remember the first amendment applies to everyone (this argument holds water in the US)

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Im sorry, I am just going to do a drive-by post here, as in, I didnt really read most of the posts in this thread, but Im going to post anyway. Sex is a choice, whether you have it with a man or women is also a choice, who you are attracted to is not necessarily a choice. How can who your attracted to "not necessarily" be a choice you say? - well, if you choose to allow social stigmas to effect your everyday world view, you will become a homophone and thus filter out attraction you have towards people of the same sex out of fear of being gay. You do the same with children and family members, and in those cases its a good thing. Anyway, of course your testosterone and brain chemistry have a lot to do with it too. It's a choice to ignore(or completely deny) feelings you have for the same sex, but it's not a choice to have them in the first place. Period, thats just how it is, I really hate reading peoples opinions on this, thats why I didnt read the thread, because as far as Im concerned, there is no real debate to be had on this issue.

Edit- I read the OP's post and for some reason he thinks gay people would have to have mutant DNA. First off, there is not a gay gene, your genetics will make a difference in your brain chemistry and hormones etc but thats it. OP is just under the delusion that its only natural to be heterosexual, its just a preference, like if you like blonds or redheads, gender is just another way to categorize people.

[edit on 5-7-2010 by CREAM]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 01:48 AM
link   
if your mind has not accepted being "homosexual" how have you come to the conclusion you know another's passions?

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   
I do not mean to get off topic but i may have found a good explanation for why animals engage in homosexual behavior, or rather why it appears as that to us.

This article also goes quite a long way to putting a damper into the Whole Gay is natural thing as well.

Homo-Animals

Essentially it is saying that the whole gay animal thing is mostly mythological beliefs and erroneous philosophical tenets. Their words, not mine

Hopefully this adds to the discussion, i think it seriously puts a damper in the whole shebang if you ask me.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 02:28 AM
link   
I am amazed this thread is still breathing after all this time. I don't think I even got past the first page.

It doesn't matter what was said previous to this because it is all basically hormonal. I respond to a particular set of hormones. Each of us receives messages from one another through a chemical exchange.

From across the room I can usually detect if someone is attractive to me. Years back it may have been physical or social characteristics,but it all comes down to the Chemical Nature of the person.

Let me put it this way. I can tell when a female is in menstruation. I can detect it from a distance. I do not find myself attracted to this odor at all, yet I know that there are many males out there that would respond without being aware of what it is that is attracting them.

I have met women that are turned off by a man's odors and natural pheromones, so men and women mask themselves with perfumes and chemicals. Some relationships are based on visual ques instead of chemical ques and they fizzle out fast and people tend to get angry at one another after the honeymoon is over.

It is all Chemical, male, female, hemale, shemale...what is relative is whether or not you follow your nose!

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Greensage
I am amazed this thread is still breathing after all this time. I don't think I even got past the first page.

It doesn't matter what was said previous to this because it is all basically hormonal. I respond to a particular set of hormones. Each of us receives messages from one another through a chemical exchange.

From across the room I can usually detect if someone is attractive to me. Years back it may have been physical or social characteristics,but it all comes down to the Chemical Nature of the person.

Let me put it this way. I can tell when a female is in menstruation. I can detect it from a distance. I do not find myself attracted to this odor at all, yet I know that there are many males out there that would respond without being aware of what it is that is attracting them.

I have met women that are turned off by a man's odors and natural pheromones, so men and women mask themselves with perfumes and chemicals. Some relationships are based on visual ques instead of chemical ques and they fizzle out fast and people tend to get angry at one another after the honeymoon is over.

It is all Chemical, male, female, hemale, shemale...what is relative is whether or not you follow your nose!

That is partly what the article i linked to says but it also says it can be a matter of social dominance for 1 male dog to hump another and some females do it too, but as i said the article is mainly talking about animals, i do agree with your belief about the hormones though i would like to add something, that it also can be just about convenience, your badly in heat and you are so hot you cannot sit still and you happen to see a guy and from their sparks fly, i have been to quite a few parties (for relaxation of course) where guys engaging in that kind of behavior was quite common, and strangely enough the girls would go for other girls as well, And no it was not a gay party i went to, they all were just drunk off their rockers. it left plenty of cute gals for me, Hey ya snooze ya lose.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I believe some people who are on the bisexual range or have been victimized can choose to go one way or the other, some people are so damaged by people they used to know love and trust it can wreak havoc these people can develop fetishes for an item of abuse or preferences at an early age but it I believe is based on condition and can only be a choose to those who are truly bisexual.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Your ability to be an ignorant repressive moron and all round busy body is the only choice here. Why should anyone be civil to you? Why should anyopne be civil to anyone who harasses a group just because that person is ignorant or fearful (that would be you).

No one choses to live a life of stress and ostricization by an ignorant and religiously indoctrinated population of bigots. No one choose to live a life where the simple act of holding the hand of the one you love subjects you and your loved one to taunts and threats and in some cases physical abuse.

No one chooses to live a life where ignorant religious radicals feel perfectly comfortable "explaining" why someone is what they are.

You sir, are incorrigibly stupid. I pity your child if he or she "chooses" to become gay.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Why is there always a homosexual post on this forum? Is there like, one dude with his own sexual ideniity issues? If it's one dude...start listening to Barbara Steisan for cripe sakes and just COME OUT OF THE FREAKIN CLOSET!

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I agree with the notion that homosexuality is a choice and not "natural". Lets all be honest here, at SOME time in your life you have looked at the same gender and can say that this specific person is very attractive. There are various subconcious cues on what you pick up on as a form of attractiveness such as scents, physical, and mental attractions. We cannot deny this as humans beings, if you do deny it then you may have some fault or denial in your own mental processing. We as humans have no control of these factors. BUT when a human being crosses that line and pursues the same gender based on those attractions, he/she goes against he natural process of why men and female are attracted to each other in the first place, SEX and CHILDREN.
We cannot over complicate life, we are hear to mate and create life, SIMPLE.

When gay people involve theirselves they sub concisously CHOOSE to give up the natural process of mating with the other gender. With the issue with surrogacy that springs a whole new mental issues for children growing up in househould without the natural/traditional x and y chromosomes maintaining natural order.

My question is, if homosexuality is natural, where is the duality to it? Are there any "homosexuals" that come out the closet and become straight?. I ask this question mainly on the basis of male homosexuals.

Reason for this is because I have seen PLENTY of occasions of females trying out homosexuality due to influences such as media, abuse at a young age, and other factors. MANY of them have returned back hetero status,

That is a whole nother topic and discussion.

Enjoy,

**Food for though,**
do you think life would be here if sperms decided to try to mate with each other?
Its not possible even on that molecular level, so it shouldnt be allowed or possible on our playing field.

Life is really not that complicated people

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Enve718

Homosexuality is quite normal amongst animals, and I can't see a reason that it shouldn't be considered normal amongst humans. Although I myself consider it to be normal, studies of cattle points in the direction of some kind of hormonal deficiency. In other words, it's not psychological, it's physiological. A thread about this can be found here: Homosexuality in cattle, hormonal imbalance?

A thought may be that homosexuality is a way of nature itself controling the population.

I do not think by any means its a choice either consciously or sub-consciously, but merely something physiological. It can probably even be "treated" in the future.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Droogie

It is a fad currently to act gay.
Homosexuality is abnormal.
It is a sexual sin.
Voluptuaries, one of the seven deadly sins.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Enve718

What did one gay sperm say to the other gay sperm?
Ask me later.
edit on 21-2-2011 by slugger9787 because: Ask me later.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by slugger9787
reply to post by Droogie

It is a sexual sin.

Still preaching the religous crap i see

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Enve718

Right, so all these people choose to be gay in places such as Africa where they are beaten,torture and murdered. Yeah, they choose this don't they! My brother had to move away from our town, and lost all his friends. Yeah, he chose all that!

The sad fact of the matter is, no one will change your mind. Be it through religous reasons, plain hate, or just being so anti gay to prove o others that you are not gay, we will always have people like you

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by slugger9787
reply to post by Droogie

It is a sexual sin.

Luckily the bible is nothing but stories written by goat herders over 2000 years ago and we have ZERO evidence that it's the word of god...or that something like a god even exists. So I get why people don't care about those "rules", just like they don't take rules in Harry Potter literally

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Luckily the bible is nothing but stories written by goat herders over 2000 years ago and we have ZERO evidence that it's the word of god...or that something like a god even exists. So I get why people don't care about those "rules", just like they don't take rules in Harry Potter literally

Well said! I believe that none of the religons hold any truth whatsoever, and were made up to controll people, as simple as that. Religon makes people do and believe horrible things, and i am not a fan

People use religon as an excuse to hate this and hate that, but only when it suits them!

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
At the end of the day, who cares?
If its a choice, then its the choice of the individual.
If its not a choice, then its still the choice of the individual as to how they want to live their life.
Worry more about yourself, and less of what others are doing.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by slugger9787

Actually If I recall the bible quote that does state it is a sin, Man may not lie with man. So women can be bisexual or lesbian. God just hates gay men.

As for the OP, I take a lot of offense to it. What logical person would choose to be homosexual and be beaten and disgraced by society? Ever thing it might be both? A little genetic disposition and a little bit of a choice. We can choose to accept our genetic disposition or go against it. I am straight and choose to be such. I am physically attracted to men. I choose to accept that about my self.

All I can say is stop baiting, and whining about the gays. Leave them alone if anything they are far nicer people than all the gay haters. Let people make their own choices in life it its a sin so what, the catholic church has committed far worse sins than loving someone of your own sex. Its hypocrisy.

In fact, my opinion is the Bisexual community is lucky, their dating pool is much larger. They get men and women. So in closing, suck it up and accept gays are natural and better than you close minded haters.

new topics

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join