It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homosexuality is a choice and nothing else!

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by packinhit
reply to post by Jay-morris

If its in the genes and it skipped your genes then what can it be ?
The XY chromosone missing in a gene ?

I really dont know, if i did ill be a rich and hated man, my bro is bisexual yet im the more feminie of the brothers and i like women.

The bro says that he just likes guys and girls, he can choose which ever one he wants, best of both worlds i guess.

Maybe its not choice after birth ,maybe your are born like it, i dont know.

all i do know is my freedom to speak, i dont dislike gays and just because i have my views doesnt make me a homophobe at all

A lot of spirtual teaching says that you choose your life before birth, you choose your parents etc maybe your choice your lifes lessons as well.

Because my mums side of the family has a few gays, does not mean i should be gay, but there is a chance my son/daughter could be. If liver cancer runs in the family, that does not mean that everyone in your family will have it.

Its just ignornat because your are saying its a choice, and your not even gay, and basically your saying that all the gay people are wrong and you are right. So, all gay people are lying, and it is a choice?

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
im not saying that being gay is wrong at all, ive never said that and have always said that theres nothing wrong with it.

If my daughter said to me that shes gay then so be it, she will be the first gay female formula 1 racing champion.

Its not being ignorant, your putting the words out there not me, its about discussing and having your own opinon instead, respect my opinon and ill respect yours.

Sure there are threads here with people saying mutants, faggots etc but im not one of them, im also not a pc person at all, gays dont bother me, being gay is not wrong, its a lifestyle whether they choose it or not, they have to deal with it just like i have to deal with being straight after all, maybe us straighties are the "mutants".

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
And for any folks disputing homosexuality in nature, here's a couple items for you.

www.time.com...

borngay.procon.org...

There is definitely a precedent in nature for homosexuality. Denying it doesn't make it not true.

The best argument you can make is just to say, "Well, it's not for me!" and then move on...

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Holly Jessus, Budha, Ala, Crom, anubis, seth, Odin and any god you can think of this is not hard people if your hetero you have no choice but to be hetero, if your homo you have no choice but to be homo, if your bisexual you have two choices, hetero or homo, but you dont have the choice to not be bisexual. Be who you are so you dont deceive others into thinking your something that later in life you change you mind and cause problems. By the responses to this thread theres all types out there.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Loki Lyesmyth
reply to post by Phlynx

LOL sorry but Bisexual is kinda a choice, I can choose to be with a man or a woman, I am 90% straight so I choose women, but still think Brian Molko from Placebo is a hot guy,
Whooa-ooooohhh. caught in bad BROMANCE... La.. la ..la la la..."

Whoa thats a guy ??
haha er i though she was hot oops

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Like a lot of people on this thread have stated and ill echo that, i didnt choose to be Straight, if i had an opportunity to change it, i wouldn't, because i am happy as i am.

Homosexuals and Bi-sexuals are not mutants, nor are they any different to your or i. They prefer something different to what you do.

My fiance LOVES olives, i hate them. She drives a Suzuki and i drive a ford, that doesnt make either of us wierd, or strange, or mutants, we just like what we like and disslike what we disslike.

It is a naturally occurring phenomenon and as such shouold be treated with as much courtesy and respect that any other human being is deserving of.

Calling gay people mutants, and "fags" and any derrogatory term, takes away from them as human beings and as people. It is wrong to bully them and attempt to make them feel worse about themselves than they should.

Every human being on this planet has the same rights.

Saying that "gay" can be scientifically "outbred" or "changed" is missing the point, there is no need to change these people as there is NOTHING WRONG WITH THEM.

Us heteros have done more to negate and alienate homosexuals over the past 100 years, as well as murder homosexuals for thousands of years. Cultural diversity is one reason why we are warring. Different religions hate each other etc etc.. people of one sex disslike people of a different persuasion.

If we are to move forward as a human race, it must be done together, we need to stop marginalising other HUMAN BEINGS and start to all work as a unit to get this planet and ourselves to where we want to be. At peace with all and everything.

that's just my 2 cents.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by AceWombat04
All I can do is recite the story of a friend who was raised from an early age to believe that homosexuality was immoral and a sin. As he grew up, he also discovered that he was gay.

Now he struggles daily with self-loathing and the belief that he will go to hell. Why? Because he truly believes that homosexuality is wrong, a form of evil, and a sin against his god, but cannot stop himself from feeling the same feelings, urges, and longings that heterosexual men feel for women, but for men instead.

He never chose to be gay. He tries daily not to be. He HATES himself and everything about who and what he is because of it.

So unless someone can prove to me that he's lying or suffering from some complex form of delusion, my only logical conclusion can be that homosexuality is not a choice for him.

Here are my questions, though: Why does anyone care whether homosexuality is or isn't a choice, and why does this man have to go through life hating who and what he is?

They care if it's a choice because the bible says gays are evil and must die.
Therefore they cannot be born gay because that would mean god made them that way.
If god made them that way then how can he call them evil and demand their death?
They were his idea after all. So...

Since they cannot accept the bible as being wrong, they must insist being gay is a choice. Because if THAT part of the bible is wrong, what OTHER parts of it are wrong?
CRISES OF FAITH!!! OH NO!! OMG!!! PANIC!!! PANIC!!! PANIC!!!

Yup... being gay is TOTALLY a choice.
Crisis of faith averted.
WHEW!!!

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
Okay, I know i'm going to get flamed here
and people, let's keep it civil so mods don't delete the thread!

Too many people say that homosexuality is not a choice, some say "I know how I feel, I feel diferent", of course you feel different... you are different!

But to say that homosexuality is not a choice and there is some DNA change causing homosexuality doesn't mean you are calling them mutants?

I am serious, if they are not homosexual by choice then please explain to me how that is not mutation.
No I am not calling homosexual mutants, if YOU say they do not make that choice then YOU are saying they are!

There is so much data out there, some saying it is a choice some saying not, there is both so now what. Lets just rely on logic.

If it is not mutation but also isnt a choice then heterosexuals would also say it is not a choice. And saying it is a choice means it is a mental decision while saying it is not is a physical one.

Thoughts

I take it - from the direction of your post - that "mutation", under your definition, represents something incorrect, or wrong. It's bad, etc etc.
I may be mistaken, but it seems that is the two sides of coin you are presenting.

Isn't your deciding that homosexuality is bad simply your choice?

a mutation is simply a change in nucleotide sequence.
Sometimes they are bad, sometimes benign, and sometimes beneficial. Changes in DNA over a time period is basically the fundamental of evolution.

There are countless theories as to why homosexuality developed: help the women raise and care for the children of the tribe, it is related a gene linked with sexual attraction to men - girls have it, they are more "promiscuous", males get it, they like...dudes, and so on (lesbians would be the other way around i guess).

I an neither gay or a gaybasher, i just find it funny that the tone of your post was as if you felt you had somehow "cornered" the gays with this new found insight and now they would have to - once and for all - pronounce themselves as in the wrong either way.

I'm sorry to tell you that you fail...

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Angus123

Originally posted by AceWombat04
All I can do is recite the story of a friend who was raised from an early age to believe that homosexuality was immoral and a sin. As he grew up, he also discovered that he was gay.

Now he struggles daily with self-loathing and the belief that he will go to hell. Why? Because he truly believes that homosexuality is wrong, a form of evil, and a sin against his god, but cannot stop himself from feeling the same feelings, urges, and longings that heterosexual men feel for women, but for men instead.

He never chose to be gay. He tries daily not to be. He HATES himself and everything about who and what he is because of it.

So unless someone can prove to me that he's lying or suffering from some complex form of delusion, my only logical conclusion can be that homosexuality is not a choice for him.

Here are my questions, though: Why does anyone care whether homosexuality is or isn't a choice, and why does this man have to go through life hating who and what he is?

Therefore they cannot be born gay because that would mean god made them that way.
If god made them that way then how can he call them evil and demand their death?
They were his idea after all. So...

Since they cannot accept the bible as being wrong, they must insist being gay is a choice. Because if THAT part of the bible is wrong, what OTHER parts of it are wrong?
CRISES OF FAITH!!! OH NO!! OMG!!! PANIC!!! PANIC!!! PANIC!!!

Yup... being gay is TOTALLY a choice.
Crisis of faith averted.
WHEW!!!

I think that deserves a solid LOLZZZZZZZZZZZZ
nicely put

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   
let it be known that FAGS pertails to fat, tattooed leather-wearing, harley-riding biker types (as of South Park season 13 - episode "the F-word").

god i hate those fags

[edit on 1-4-2010 by makinho21]

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by makinho21

Does it? i thought it was a shortened version of the word "Faggot" - which was a pile of sticks that "they" used to burn heretics and satan worshippers as well as homosexuals on/in.

That episode of south park is funny though.

LOL

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by packinhit

LOL yeah its a guy and I know hot right! almost gave me a BROner..

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by makinho21
Isn't your deciding that homosexuality is bad simply your choice?

When did I say homosexuality is bad?
Please provide a quote of me saying

Originally posted by makinho21
I an neither gay or a gaybasher, i just find it funny that the tone of your post was as if you felt you had somehow "cornered" the gays with this new found insight and now they would have to - once and for all - pronounce themselves as in the wrong either way.

I'm sorry to tell you that you fail...

We are on like page what now?
Page 23 or something and after 23 pages you won't find me saying anywhere that I cornered Gays or said anything suggesting homosexuality is bad. But you just decided to say that for I don't know what reasons.

I'm sorry to tell you that you need to practice reading a little more
Your reading skills aren't too good

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   

I'm not christian
Although I have read the bible I find I prefer teenage mutant ninja turtles to be more entertaining.

I don't believe in organized religion.

So much for your theory eh?

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   

I'm not christian
Although I have read the bible I find I prefer teenage mutant ninja turtles to be more entertaining.

Ok, you say that you dont hate gays, but do you know how insulting it is gays that you think its a choice. I find it insulting because my brother and sister are gay, and i have seen what my brother has gone through. All the pain and loss, and you think its choice! No, its not!

You imagine seeing a girl and you fall head over heels for her. Thats not a choice. You did not chose to like her, so why should that be different for a gay person?

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   

I'm not christian

My logic is solid. Did you read what I said? Why RELIGIOUS people think it's a choice.
And I wasn't even responding to a post by you. I read what you had to say and didn't feel it merited any further comments than the ones others had already posted.

[edit on 1-4-2010 by Angus123]

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
This is simply unbelievable.

Did you choose to be hetero? I didn't.

Did you choose your parents?

Did you choose to be right or left handed?

Did you choose any of the biological-chemical-electro structures that makes you "You"?

Are you even remotely aware of any of the laws of physics?

Do you know what entropy is?

No system is perfect, including life itself. Homosexuality must occur. It is an exception to an established biological system, thereby rendering said system as imperfect, as it must be.

In this, and only this do we find that existance is "perfect" in its imperfection.

Yawn...with everything we are currently facing and experiencing, is this all you can occupy your finite time and limited energy to?

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-morris
Ok, you say that you dont hate gays, but do you know how insulting it is gays that you think its a choice

do you know that I find it annoying when you say:
1) Heteros have no choice
2) If you believe in choice you are a bisexual

so we are both kind of offended
Now what?

We just shut up and not discuss the issue like adults?
Maturity is impossible as far as this topic is concerned?

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-morris
Ok, you say that you dont hate gays, but do you know how insulting it is gays that you think its a choice

do you know that I find it annoying when you say:
1) Heteros have no choice
2) If you believe in choice you are a bisexual

so we are both kind of offended
Now what?

We just shut up and not discuss the issue like adults?
Maturity is impossible as far as this topic is concerned?

You did not even answer my questions, which tells me you don't care. Logic tells you that it is not a choice, or like i said before, are all the gay people lying, and they really know they have a choice. You cant help who you are attracted too. I am attracted to women. Its not a choice, thats just the way it is, but because its a gay person, that means its a choice to them?

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Jay-morris

www.queerbychoice.com

not all gays say so

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join