It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homosexuality is a choice and nothing else!

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jezus
I’m not going to get into an argument of semantics with you.

you are not arguing with me
you are arguing with the dictionary

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
Okay, I know i'm going to get flamed here
and people, let's keep it civil so mods don't delete the thread!

Too many people say that homosexuality is not a choice, some say "I know how I feel, I feel diferent", of course you feel different... you are different!

But to say that homosexuality is not a choice and there is some DNA change causing homosexuality doesn't mean you are calling them mutants?

I am serious, if they are not homosexual by choice then please explain to me how that is not mutation.
No I am not calling homosexual mutants, if YOU say they do not make that choice then YOU are saying they are!

There is so much data out there, some saying it is a choice some saying not, there is both so now what. Lets just rely on logic.

If it is not mutation but also isnt a choice then heterosexuals would also say it is not a choice. And saying it is a choice means it is a mental decision while saying it is not is a physical one.

Thoughts

So if you wanted to, you could choose to have sex with the same gender and be totally turned on by it... you just choose NOT to act on your gay feelings.

Because it's a choice.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem
reply to post by ModernAcademia

S&F for having the courage to say it.

The problem I always have with people who claim homosexuality is genetic is; how is the gay gene passed down if gays aren't interested in the type of sex that results in children?

It seems to me that if there was a gay gene, it would have gone the way of the dodo centuries ago. How does a gene get passed along which results in the infertility of the person who has the gene?

Their straight parents gave them the gene.
Not all genes are active, yet still get passed on.
You can have genes for red hair and yet be a brunette.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   

bi·sex·u·al sexually responsive to both sexes; ambisexual. –noun

If you get to sit around and say 'gee I think ill be hetero for the rest of my life', thats an indication that your bisexual. but chose to ignore it for whatever reason. Answer one question do males and females make you sexually responseive. Because me being hetero there are some days that males are just talking heads to me I am not even aware that they exist from the neck down.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by galadofwarthethird

bi·sex·u·al sexually responsive to both sexes; ambisexual. –noun

If you get to sit around and say 'gee I think ill be hetero for the rest of my life', thats an indication that your bisexual. but chose to ignore it for whatever reason. Answer one question do males and females make you sexually responseive. Because me being hetero there are some days that males are just talking heads to me I am not even aware that they exist from the neck down.

gotta say, i have felt that too.. just talking heads.. meanwhile my neck swivvels at 200 rpm to get the best panorama of the females in the area.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Apparently I'm a mutant. Ok... Thanks for that. My day is much brighter, I feel so enlightened. Should I pick you apart now?

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   

I guess mutant is a relative term. If, judging by your avatar, you believe a "mutant" to exist within a comic book fantasy word, then perhaps. But if you mean, "DNA is different than Hetero DNA" then rock on with your mutuant theroy. What do you mean? In what context do you speak? Is "mutant" synonomus with "faggot?" What could be your explination for such a thread?

ColoradoJens

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
double post

[edit on 30-3-2010 by ColoradoJens]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   

You are confusing a naturally occurring trait with an environmentally created one.
Do not try to group every gay / lesbian / bisexual into one category, which is just ignorant.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I am by no means going to attack you but I am going to put in my advice.

I have one homosexual friend and my mothers best friend is a homosexual as well. My mother met her best friend when he was 14 years old he came to our door in a cheer leading costume. My friend is more of a I wouldn't have guessed he was gay but it makes sense type of homosexual. I have known both of these people for quite some time and have been able to comfortably ask questions about everything. The first one I ask is do you think you were born gay or was it a choice? Both of guys have never even looked at a chick in any sexual way ever. They both believe they were born gay and have no problem with that. I don't believe it is just a choice. I believe it a neurological issue far beyond anything involving choice. It's like people with fetishes, they don't know these fetishes exist until they experience what it is that sets their brain off. Some killers don't enjoy killing but they receive a feeling of fulfillment once they kill. It may be a choice for some but for others I believe it is neurological and inescapable.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by seangkt

I disagree; many people are born gay, just as you are born straight.
Did you make a choice to be straight?

Do you think all humans are born straight?

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by impressme

You are confusing a naturally occurring trait with an environmentally created one.
Do not try to group every gay / lesbian / bisexual into one category, which is just ignorant.

well you can categorise gay/bi/straight into one category, it's not ignorant.

That category would be called "sexuality".

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by FeralMonkeyMagic

You have completely misunderstood what we are talking about and you are turning this subject into something entirely different.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   

You have completely misunderstood what we are talking about and you are turning this subject into something entirely different.

really? have i?

as far as i am concerned, this thread - in which i have adressed this issue over and over is making no headway.

your statement was incorrect and needed to be rectified for the betterment of past and future argument validation.

Must be hard to digest, when something so simple, can be explained as simply.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by impressme

I don't know what idea you got but I was stating that they were both born gay. I believe it can be either/or. Some people are born and some develop a liking. What I meant by neurological and inescapable was that they were born liking the same sex. Sorry for confusion

[edit on 31-3-2010 by seangkt]

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   

really? have i?

Yes you have, it has been explained to you, yet you ignore it, why is that?

your statement was incorrect and needed to be rectified for the betterment of past and future argument validation.

My statement is incorrect? By whom YOU?

Yes and YOU are having a hard time digesting it. You’re only in here looking to troll for fight, nothing else.

Nice day to you.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Those of you that are not homosexual do not understand what it is to be homosexual. You do not understand their thinking their desires their beliefs.

Because you do not understand it you “THINK” it’s because straight scientists say, well it is our opinions that gay people blab,blab,blab, you people do not have a clue to what you are talking about. Some of the best scientist in the world have talked about this topic for centuries, yet we only have opinions to why gay people are gay and straights are straights.

The mare fact is gay people are mostly born from straight parents get over it.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   

really? have i?

Yes you have, it has been explained to you, yet you ignore it, why is that?

My statement is incorrect? By whom YOU?

Yes and YOU are having a hard time digesting it. You’re only in here looking to troll for fight, nothing else.

Nice day to you.

your statement is incorrect, Yes; i am glad you can recognise this, yes, to me and every single person that works in my industry, these classifcations work and enable people to move past them and lead happy and constructive lives without having to worry about orientation.

As far as i can read, you have made no headway on top of what i have as well as others here have mentioned.

I dare say, you are the one trolling and not the other way around. Just because you said something that was wrong doesn't mean that you can't contribute to the conversation, instead of attempting to argue a point.

As for me looking for a fight? im actually defending people of other sexual preferences than hetero, so if ur opposing that, then yes, you are in for a debate. however if you are here to try and add to the intellectual conversations inside this thread, then by all means, put your best foot forward.

I am yet to see this though.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   
The OP is 100% right.

If you believe that being gay is not a choice, then anyone who exhibits homosexual behavior is a mutant.

Not only that, but they are likely an unfavorable mutation, because only a bad mutation would impair a creatures chances of procreating.

These are facts.

Eventually the mutation may become favorable if we evolve into hermaphrodites.

[edit on 3/31/2010 by JPhish]

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Why not put an end to this continual madness and merely write out a respectful "gay questionnaire?" There are enough people on ATS claiming to be gay to give you a wide demographic.

Speaking from the point of view of someone that does not claim to be gay but, feels that they must answer for gays is like me taking a survey and answering on behalf of black women.

What religion were you raised?
Do you feel you are able to change orientation?
When were you first attracted to same sex?

etc..etc.

[edit on 31/3/10 by toochaos4u]

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join