It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Homosexuality is a choice and nothing else!

page: 23
34
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gwynniver
You haven answered my question: did you chose to be heterosexual or whatever you are?

Yes I did chose to be hetero!
People are not born homosexual, many homosexuals have relationships with women and only after then chosing men instead.

so we can make that decision midstream

I chose and continue to chose to be hetero.


Originally posted by Gwynniver
Because there are people here who disagree with you, you think discussing homosexuality is taboo? There's nothing taboo about discussing sex or sexuality. I just don't agree with you.

Then me saying you wanting to be taboo was not directed towards you.
I think my post was self-explanatory, it was directed at those saying "what's it to you" and those that are opposed to this thread existing.

I'm fairly sure I was clear on that in my post.




posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I look at it this way. It's probably is a genetic mutation that causes the predisposition for homosexuality. It is probably naturally occurring like other predispositions or mutations, however as someone noted, they are not passed on as homosexuals usually don't have their own offspring (being human or animal). Maybe it is passed on and lies dormant until every once in a while a switch is flipped, for whatever purpose, I don't know.

I do not mean to make this sound mean, but since it not a standard for the animal or human world, it can be looked at as mutation, or even as an illness... albeit a benign one. Homosexuals are no different than anyone else, should not be treated as anything other than normal and there should be no attempt to 'cure' them. It is completely benign and a natural part of life, even though it is not common. Being homosexual also does not play well into evolutionary survival, so there is not much chance of it becoming the norm. The mutation takes care of itself, so to speak.

Kharron



reply to post by ModernAcademia
 



posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by hippomchippo

Originally posted by Armin
Today, there are a great number of people convinced that being gay is not a choice. People are gay because they want to be gay. I don't understand why straight people, defend them by saying it's not a choice, you try to defend them by comparing them to animals which you guys claim are "gay". All your are doing is choosing to go against God's revelation and teaching's. For myself, God's opinion matters more to me than any person that would try to tell me and convince me that homosexuality is not a choice. So, I also don't care what your respondes are to my comment, the Qur'an and the old scriptures teach me to warn people that if they commit in homosexual behavior, then they will be dealt by God when their day comes. Have a nice day and remain blessed everybody.

Deuteronomy 22:13) ''If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads."


I think thats Leviticus your quoting. You have the chapter and verse right but the wrong book. Also old testament scriptures are based on the pre jesus covenant with God. The new covenant with God, through Jesus, is outlined in the new testament It seems to be commonly agreed the old testament is there to provide the historical base for validity of Jesus and the new covenant with god; not to provide laws. The new terms of the "new covenant" are in the new testament.



posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
I chose and continue to chose to be hetero.


Are you saying you could be gay if you wanted to be?

You are probably bisexual because most heterosexual people could not "choose" to be homosexual.

I can’t even imagine trying to be homosexual…my attraction to woman is definitely not a choice…

Ironically a lot of people who express hate towards homosexuals are frustrated because they are confused and angered by their own suppressed homosexual urges.


Top Five Republican Gay Sex Scandals
www.badmouth.net...

If you are full of hate for homosexuals, the evidence suggests you have a psychological problem, based on denying part of yourself.
www.huffingtonpost.com...

Prof. Adams says his research shows that most homophobes "demonstrate significant sexual arousal to homosexual erotic stimuli", suggesting that homophobia is a form of "latent homosexuality where persons are either unaware of or deny their homosexual urges".
www.ipce.info...

In this clip, from the HBO documentary Middle Sexes: Redefining He and She, narrator Gore Vidal discusses a 1996 study on homophobia, which revealed that homophobic males were aroused by gay porn, while non-homophobes were not.
findingthefilth.blogspot.com...

Latham, who has spoken out against homosexuality, asked the officer to join him in his hotel room for oral sex
www.surfingtheapocalypse.net...

For those who have not yet heard of Outrage, it's a documentary by Kirby Dick about closeted Republican hypocrites and the way their hypocrisy damages lives — not only their personal lives but the millions of gays and lesbians their homophobic policymaking affects.
www.towleroad.com...

Homophobes Love Gay Porn
www.feastoffun.com...



posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jezus
You are probably bisexual because most heterosexual people could not "choose" to be homosexual.

to all those who say that if you believe in sexual choice that means you are bisexual let me ask you...

How can you be bisexual when you chose not to be????


Originally posted by Jezus
I can’t even imagine trying to be homosexual…my attraction to woman is definitely not a choice…

I can't imagine robbing a bank so I chose not to.

Are you saying that those who practice incest have no choice?
Since you are referring to duality here, if you couldn't even imagine raping a sister for example, does that mean that those who do do that have no choice?



posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem
reply to post by ModernAcademia
 


S&F for having the courage to say it.

The problem I always have with people who claim homosexuality is genetic is; how is the gay gene passed down if gays aren't interested in the type of sex that results in children?

It seems to me that if there was a gay gene, it would have gone the way of the dodo centuries ago. How does a gene get passed along which results in the infertility of the person who has the gene?



Because society has forced homosexuals into marriages for centuries?

And you obviously don't know how genes actually work. If there's a "gay gene," it could be recessive. Therefore, YOU could be carrying it right now and pass it on to your kids. Then, depending on their mothers' genetic code, they could merely continue to carry that recessive "gay gene" or could be wind up being :gasp: GAY.

I sure didn't choose to be heterosexual. I'm attracted to women, but I never "decided" that women were my sexual interest. If you CHOOSE to be straight, then you're really gay. :-)



posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Originally posted by Gwynniver
You haven answered my question: did you chose to be heterosexual or whatever you are?

Yes I did chose to be hetero!
People are not born homosexual, many homosexuals have relationships with women and only after then chosing men instead.

so we can make that decision midstream

I chose and continue to chose to be hetero.


So, you could choose to have sex with someone of your gender?

Of course not. If you aren't sexually attracted to your own gender, you wouldn't be able to "perform," and it sure as hell wouldn't be pleasurable.

If someone actually has to choose one or the other, s/he is running from who s/he truly is. And that's a shame, because they're going to FORCE themselves to believe they're happy.

Or is happiness and fulfillment a choice too?



posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by mothershipzeta
So, you could choose to have sex with someone of your gender?

Of course
I wouldn't, but yes I could


Originally posted by mothershipzeta
Of course not. If you aren't sexually attracted to your own gender, you wouldn't be able to "perform," and it sure as hell wouldn't be pleasurable.

Why ask me a question only to answer it on my behalf?
I'm not sexually attracted to my right hand either, but I can still perform if I wanted to.

Don't lose focus grasshoper, performance is far from being relevant to the topic.


Originally posted by mothershipzeta
If someone actually has to choose one or the other, s/he is running from who s/he truly is. And that's a shame, because they're going to FORCE themselves to believe they're happy.

this is maybe true for you but not for everyone
for me what you just said doesn't make much sense


Originally posted by mothershipzeta
Or is happiness and fulfillment a choice too?

No it's not choice, it's just gravy on top
it's extra toppings on a cake

it may drive choice or it may not and is therefore irrelevant



posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia
 




I wouldn't, but yes I could


Then quite simply you're a bisexual. End of story.



posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia
 


I don't think you understand yet (likely never will)...

When you say that you could "choose" to have sex with a person of the same gender, what you are saying, essentially, is not much different from "choosing" to eat a particular food that you really, really dislike. (Liver, for example...but, that's just me).


BUT, if you are presented with a food that makes you salivate, one that you crave and desire and MUST have, because it satisfies you like nothing else??

You can ALSO "choose" to not eat it. BUT, it is still the thing you wish the most, you crave, and nothing is more attractive to you.

You don't "choose" that particular food to be your favorite, it just IS.


Since I'm using the food analogy, it works well to point out the true nature of 'homophobia' --- it is fostered in the quaint, ages old system of certain religious beliefs, and prohibitions. ALL arbitrary, and arcane of course.

Just as certain religions have prohibitions on some foods --- for reasons that, centuries ago, were (within cultural context) somewhat valid. Because, lacking proper sanitation and preserving technology, some foods could cause illness in people, and the science as to WHY that happened was lacking, of course. SO, easiest to just say "god commands it!" to get people to obey. Threatening with some "fire and brimstone" worked, too.

Homosexuality was, in the eyes of certain ancient religious figures and leaders, high up there on the 'ick' factor and thus, per their personal (and usually agreed-upon) biases, was given a stigma.

I dare say, however, Humans being what they are, at base....the hypocrisy abounds, did abound, and will always abound, when trying to impose an artificial "morality" on the population as a whole.



posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deaf Alien
Then quite simply you're a bisexual. End of story.


End of your story yes
you basically called the entire planet bisexual as far as i'm concerned

I am not bisexual since I chose not to be
very simple



posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia
 


Dude you are the very defenition of bisexual by the fact that you can chose what you want to be atracted to. It's common misconception that everyone thinks everyone is like them, it leads to problems later in relationships, Opposites Attract only if you have a monopole on your person, and since I dont think there are any on this planet or even solar system it does not apply to you, its an expression by those that are similar. I to have seen gays that marriage to straight females it's a survival mechanism and nothing alse, that is just one more reason why you should be yourself and not deceive others, it always leads to problems. If you have the ability to chose one or the other, you should be careful that your not just choseing one way because you think it's right, dont lie to yourself if you can chose its not a light choice to make. If you cant live with your choice dont make it. When you say being homosexual is a choice, what your telling me is that you have a choice to make.



posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
I don't think you understand yet (likely never will)...

When you say that you could "choose" to have sex with a person of the same gender, what you are saying, essentially, is not much different from "choosing" to eat a particular food that you really, really dislike. (Liver, for example...but, that's just me).

BUT, if you are presented with a food that makes you salivate, one that you crave and desire and MUST have, because it satisfies you like nothing else??

I do understand, I just don't agree
and if you were able to be more concise you could have just used the word 'desire'.

The rest of your post could also just be summarized with that word.

Anyhow I understand but I just don't agree.
There is nothing wrong with me not agreeing, it's ok in life to disagree.

Now, is it possible to chose what you desire and choose what you.... well choose?

Suppose you were attracted to a woman, and then you marry her, after a while you are no longer attracted to her because she is getting old and fat.
But then you start apreciating other qualities of her like her intelligence and sweetness, so you decide to stay with her.

However I feel that many people are shooting themselves in the foot.
Many hate homophobics, but then fuel homophobia
If you say that you had no choice but to be gay aren't you basically welcoming homophobes to find a cure?
I am not saying that, but perhaps I feel you are
no need to be offended it's just my opinion.
please don't take it personally

Also so many being opposed to this thread, I feel they want people to accept homosexuality but at the same time deep inside want the topic to remain taboo. Of course I can understand that due to homophobics it has become a sensitive issue, however it's important to choose to move on or else we are just confining ourselves to that evolutionary timeline.

Listen, I enjoy discussions, even discussing controversial topics, it doesn't mean that I have hatred in my heart, I just like discussing and debating and even learning.

If people were mature enough to allow such a topic to flow smoothly instead of opposing it you never know, they might just end up being very happy with the end result.



posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by galadofwarthethird
Dude you are the very defenition of bisexual by the fact that you can chose what you want to be atracted to.


bi·sex·u·al
sexually responsive to both sexes; ambisexual.
–noun
3.Biology. an animal or plant that has the reproductive organs of both sexes.
4.a person sexually responsive to both sexes; ambisexual.
dictionary.reference.com...

I am not sexually responsive to both sexes, there is the very definition of bisexuality.

if you have further misunderstandings of the word please advise and i'll be more than happy to explain further.



posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia
 


A response is not necessarily physical.
A sexual urge or attraction is still a response.

Being bisexual is a mental state.

Not acting in response to your sexual preference does not make you heterosexual…



posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jezus
A response is not necessarily physical.
A sexual urge or attraction is still a response.


When and where did I use the word physical?



posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Originally posted by Jezus
A response is not necessarily physical.
A sexual urge or attraction is still a response.


When and where did I use the word physical?


I’m not going to get into an argument of semantics with you.
It is very obvious that most people are not in control of their sexual preference.
Denying and suppressing your own sexual preference is unhealthy and doesn’t work.

Most homophobes are people who are angered by their own homosexual urges.




Originally posted by Jezus
Ironically a lot of people who express hate towards homosexuals are frustrated because they are confused and angered by their own suppressed homosexual urges.

Top Five Republican Gay Sex Scandals
www.badmouth.net...

If you are full of hate for homosexuals, the evidence suggests you have a psychological problem, based on denying part of yourself.
www.huffingtonpost.com...

Prof. Adams says his research shows that most homophobes "demonstrate significant sexual arousal to homosexual erotic stimuli", suggesting that homophobia is a form of "latent homosexuality where persons are either unaware of or deny their homosexual urges".
www.ipce.info...

In this clip, from the HBO documentary Middle Sexes: Redefining He and She, narrator Gore Vidal discusses a 1996 study on homophobia, which revealed that homophobic males were aroused by gay porn, while non-homophobes were not.
findingthefilth.blogspot.com...

Latham, who has spoken out against homosexuality, asked the officer to join him in his hotel room for oral sex
www.surfingtheapocalypse.net...

For those who have not yet heard of Outrage, it's a documentary by Kirby Dick about closeted Republican hypocrites and the way their hypocrisy damages lives — not only their personal lives but the millions of gays and lesbians their homophobic policymaking affects.
www.towleroad.com...

Homophobes Love Gay Porn
www.feastoffun.com...



posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
A gay guy can bang a girl all he wants--his body parts function just fine.
He can choose who he bangs, but he can't help who he actually likes.



posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
i just read "if you choose have sex with a same sex partner you are bi".

WRONG

Bi-sexuality is as Heterosexuality and Homosexuality.

No choice involved what so ever.

Again, ill use myself as an example. Im straight, though i COULD if i WANTED to, for WHATEVER reason CHOOSE to engage in a bi/gay encounter, that would not make me bi/gay. It would mean i had experimented. EVEN IF i liked the physical sensation, it would still not make me gay or bi. It would be a reaction to physical stimuli.

People who are raped, often report that some of the physical sensation was pleasant, though the encounter was overtly un-pleasant. This makes the overall experience unpleasant - taking into account that the body reacts to physical stimuli, then also that the mind and psyche are a part of the person - it is then understandable that one person can engage in a mechanical "sex" situation and NOT enjoy it.

This would equate to a man with a man, or woman and woman WHATEVER.

I had no choice in my sexuality. I am happy being heterosexual, it FVCKING PISSES ME OFF when i hear and see other people making up rules as to what it is to be gay or bi or straight. If you don't know yourself, here is not a good forum to explore avenues of thought, which you have not yet gone through in your own mind. It seems like a mess of uneducated guessing and superficial branding.

the thing that makes me NOT want to do anything with the same sex, si that there are no interests there in a sexual manner. To be honest, i consider male to male contact a bit "icky", just like i don't eat mussels .. same kinda ICK, not for me, but surely for some others.

finally, again, to clear this up for some of the people still not sure what it means..

Heterosexual - Appreciates opposite sex attraction, relationships and sexual stimulus as well as emotional implications of said relationship.

apply this rule for the other 2 persuasions. This is all that is needed to categorise yourself. If you feel it need to be done.

Either way, i still have gay friends and i even have a Bi friend. They're all good people and sexuality has no reflection on what kind of person they are. Superficialities im afraid.



posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem
The problem I always have with people who claim homosexuality is genetic is; how is the gay gene passed down if gays aren't interested in the type of sex that results in children?


For something to be genetic, does not imply that there has to be a specific gene for it. There is likely not a gay gene, but instead, a set of genes that deal with what gender you are and what gender you are attracted to.



It seems to me that if there was a gay gene, it would have gone the way of the dodo centuries ago. How does a gene get passed along which results in the infertility of the person who has the gene?


Most of the human genome is just passed along. Some parts of the genome are subject to many mutations and other parts few. Most of what the father brings, is in fact genetic garbage, genetic mass that is legacy only, but not used.




top topics



 
34
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

log in

join