It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homosexuality is a choice and nothing else!

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Definitely a flame bait type post but, thought provoking none the less. I do not buy into the premise of your topic.

If you were to view a human as any other species I think you would have to agree reproduction of the species would be the first priority after self preservation. Viable breeding stock and a strong attraction to the best breeder would be the normal reproductive behavior you would expect to find in the males. Any other deviation I believe would indicate a genetic/(or whatever you choose to call it ) error. Where and how it started is unknowable at this time. Left to nature this error would self correct as those who posses this (insert name here) would not be reproducing, instead they would cleave to the same sex. Unfortunately fear, ignorance and bigotry drives many of these people underground. They enter into unnatural (for them) relationships and fulfill their expected societal roles. In turn this continues to propagate the (genetic) Flaw.

The problem; I believe people are essentially "a sexual" and males are not monogamous by nature. It would defy logic to believe a viable species would be strictly monogamous. Total monogamy would only assure the species extinction in due time, especially a species with an unusually long period of time between gestation to maturity. Again logic would tell me the most genetically correct would have a strong attraction to many partners. So it is no wonder (to me anyway) why some of the most successful people in history were noted polygamists. Logic would also dictate that the majority would fall into the not so sexually driven, and the "others" Homosexuals lesbians, etc. Unfortunately the majority refuse to grasp this seemingly easy to understand concept.

Sex feels good, if don't agree you must be doing it wrong. I believe that after a time the strong desire to reproduce is muted and a more pleasure driven casual desire becomes the norm. "heterosexual" males start having what they believe are unnatural desires. And they also ignorantly believe if they act on these desires they will become gay. The torment begins, the walls go up, and the next thing you know they are in the "haters" club. The louder you are, and the more you hate, the more "hetro" you are. Unfortunately those are the ones who are by nature homosexuals and have been forced by society to live a lie or those with the strongest desire for "bisexual contact." it is sad. They end up hating what they fear they will become kind of paradoxical in a way. They hate because they see the "homos" openly doing the things they fantasize about but can't allow themselves to do because of the societal ignorance. Add heaping helping of religion, guilt and self loathing and you have the perfect human time bomb just waiting to detonate.

The majority of us "drones" don't have enough drive, time, or desire to even look beyond the one man one woman concept of sex. We may have some fantasies, we may not. we may never in our life even think about sex with another. We have fulfilled our duty and secured the continuation of the species.

If humans were computers sexuality would be our CMOS once booted it would be unchangeable. The programs we choose to run are left up to us. The only difference between us and "them" is a small genetic blip that would self correct if left alone. Let homosexuals be homosexuals, they should have every right granted to any other American. The sexual deviants are the ones we all need to watch out for. Until the masses can understand that Homosexuals are not sexual deviants we are doomed to have our children raped, our woman molested, tormented human time bombs and serial killers who could have been identified at an early age.

I see I am nearly out of characters. I have an article I am writing that goes into this much deeper but I have yet to finish it. Thanks for the opportunity to post.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Cabaret Voltaire

Originally posted by Cabaret Voltaire
If so, then how about a vote on homosexuals?
You'd lose and you know it.
The majority of people would vote for no homosexual behavior.

Somebody needs to learn a little bit more about democracy. Google 'rule of law' and 'dictatorship of the majority'.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx

LOL sorry but Bisexual is kinda a choice, I can choose to be with a man or a woman, I am 90% straight so I choose women, but still think Brian Molko from Placebo is a hot guy,
Whooa-ooooohhh. caught in bad BROMANCE... La.. la ..la la la..."

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by -Thom-

I like what Thom, Sigismundus, Argentus and UmbraSumus had to say. More of a scientific approach.

T: "sexuality can be seen as a continuüm (is that an English word?). Therefore, bisexuality is easily explained I think."

S: see his long discussion on page 2 of this topic

A: "We humans are not so far from the Savannah as we try to pretend."

U: see his long discussion on page 4 of this topic

The fear on the subject seems to be the norm, and unless you can step back and say : "Why am I attracted to the opposite sex?" then there is more fear than reason. But that fear itself is probably a combination of biology and nurture. Often animals that often hang out in large groups fear any of their own kind that are not normal, and often attack the "outsider."

To try and understand ourselves, humans that is, in terms of sexuality - one group to examine might be is to look at one our closest relatives - the Bonobo or Pygmy Chimpanzee. They use sex to reduce aggression within their groups. Bisexuality is the norm. Oddly enough their society is more Matriarchal in nature. When they were first observed by naturalists in their natural environment, the biologists were shocked at the amount of sex going on. They seemed to greet eachother with sex. Regardless of who they were "greeting." Including all their own immediate family members.

I wonder how they behave in zoos. Is their sexuality supressed?

[edit on 29-3-2010 by ETL71]

[edit on 29-3-2010 by ETL71]

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Even if it is a choice, who cares?

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Go ahead and choose, but choices have consequences.... remember that

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Homosexuality is certainly not a choice. Gay people know very early on that they prefer guys. What is a choice, to some extent, is homosexual anal sex. Almost all straight men enjoy having their prostate massaged. Its a unique feeling that can make a guy reach an orgasm. Adventurous women that have used toys on men have found out that almost any straight open minded man will enjoy prostate stimulation. Most straight men, of course, stop at toys. But, some straight men even let guys perform anal sex on them because of the prostate stimulation, even though they are in no way turned on by men physically. It goes both ways though. Gay men have also said the same thing about vaginal sex with women. It feels good, so gay men can enjoy sex with women even though they are in no way attracted to a woman's body. Sexual acts are a choice, but being gay isn't. Being gay is much more than sex.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem

S&F for having the courage to say it.
The problem I always have with people who claim homosexuality is genetic is; how is the gay gene passed down if gays aren't interested in the type of sex that results in children?
It seems to me that if there was a gay gene, it would have gone the way of the dodo centuries ago. How does a gene get passed along which results in the infertility of the person who has the gene?

I'm not sure I understand your reasoning. Are you saying that Homosexuals are infertile? That gene in no way transfers infertility any more than the genes that pass along dwarfism or red hair.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by grahag

Originally posted by FortAnthem

S&F for having the courage to say it.
The problem I always have with people who claim homosexuality is genetic is; how is the gay gene passed down if gays aren't interested in the type of sex that results in children?
It seems to me that if there was a gay gene, it would have gone the way of the dodo centuries ago. How does a gene get passed along which results in the infertility of the person who has the gene?

I'm not sure I understand your reasoning. Are you saying that Homosexuals are infertile? That gene in no way transfers infertility any more than the genes that pass along dwarfism or red hair.

Sorry i had to interject here....I see a few members saying homosexuals can reproduce, gay people have children, etc... and now you mention homosexuals fertility.

What I think people are failing to do is look at how simple this is. What I and I believe ModernA are telling you is, two men CANNOT reproduce. Nothing they do in the bedroom will EVER make a child...neither will ANYTHING two females do produce a child. Bottom line is LIFE is born of a man AND woman, not man/man or woman/woman. So basically the idea of homosexuality means the end of human life, because the same sex cannot generate offspring. So it really doesn't matter if your fertile..if your not willing to have sex with a woman your SOL. Yeah I know, they can mix it up in the lab and make babies, but think, if we DIDN'T have that technology...then what?

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I have a question about two shows on ABC. Now I don't watch T.V. in general I but I have been following this out of curiosity. In both shows, there are women who MADE the choice to be gay. but you never see men make that choice on T.V. So what this tells me is Hollywood is promoting the idea that men can't make the choice but women can. I think it sends a very confusing message.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Loki Lyesmyth
reply to post by Phlynx

LOL sorry but Bisexual is kinda a choice, I can choose to be with a man or a woman, I am 90% straight so I choose women, but still think Brian Molko from Placebo is a hot guy,
Whooa-ooooohhh. caught in bad BROMANCE... La.. la ..la la la..."

I am wondering, how can you call yourself "90%" straight, if you would or do want to have a sexual and committed emotional relationship with a man and you are also a man, would that not make you bi-sexual?

There is no percentage of "stright". Consider sexuality as a 3-way switch. You are either switched to "stright" or "bi" or "gay". There is no way one person can occupy any more than one of these categories.

Also, in saying that you think that guy is Hot, that is different to feeling sexually attracted to him. There is such a huge difference. I am sure you appreciate your mates and not all of them would be "ugly" - that doesnt mean that you would mate with them or attempt to mate witht them.

It's pretty simply and shouldn't really require an explanation but..

Heterosexuals: Only enjoy opposite sex relationships
Bisexuals: Enjoy both
Homosexuals: Only enjoy sex/relationships with the same sex partners

so, you are either 100% straight, 100% bi or 100% gay. There is no inbetween.

But we are all 100% human, so what difference does sexuality make? only the difference that PEOPLE place upon it.

I dont necessarily understand gay people or Bi people, but i tolerate them, because as far as i am concerned, what some one does for (2% of their lives i.e. sex) has no real effect on me what so ever.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
What about Masturbation ??? Wooooooo...

Does this act make one gay... if performed by ones self, on yourself ???

After all... it is male on male or female on female ???

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by FeralMonkeyMagic

I don't agree with you. Where would you put the straight men that enjoy having their prostate massaged? Those guys are in no way attracted to a guys body, what they like is the unique feeling of having their prostate stimulated. Usually their girlfriend will use toys on them, but some use guys because of the guys tool. They do not enjoy a guys body or any other sexual act with men, they enjoy having their prostate massaged. Toys are rough, so some guys prefer to let a guy perform anal sex on them. The easy thing is to just label them "bi," but they don't find men hot in anyway. They don't want to do anything else with a guy, they just want to have their prostate massaged.

[edit on 29-3-2010 by OralFixation]

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by OralFixation

Originally posted by FeralMonkeyMagic

I don't agree with you. Where would you put the straight men that enjoy having their prostate massaged? Those guys are in no way attracted to a guys body, what they like is the unique feeling of having their prostate stimulated. Usually their girlfriend will use toys on them, but some use guys because of the guys tool. They do not enjoy a guys body or any other sexual act with men, they enjoy having their prostate massaged. Toys are rough, so some guys prefer to let a guy perform anal sex on them. The easy thing is to just label them "bi," but they don't find men hot in anyway. They don't want to do anything else with a guy, they just want to have their prostate massaged.

Whether you agree or not is not the point. A mechanical action can be actioned out without any indication of sexual preference. For example, would you have a problem having a male doctor inspect your protate? as he has to put his fingers up you to do it and fiddle around for abnormalities. Having said that, would you consider this a sexual act if you were having it done by a female?

What i said in my above post was accurate. If a man wants his protate massaged, that does not make him gay at all. Though i doubt there are many straight men who would willingly engage in anal sex to have their prostate massaged. It's not a situation where 2 mates go, hey man, can i massge your prostate? SURE!... i think not.

Toys are different, though again, this does not make a person hetero or homo or bi. Some men, stimulate their own prostate with their fingers. Does this mean they are gay? no - it means they enjoy sexual or other stimuli. That is it.

How you go about having your prostate "massaged" is up to the individual. Though, it is not something i would do, nor any of my heterosexual mates would do. If you were to ask a friend, would he rather have a girl dildo him or a dude root him, i think he would say neither.

Having a male penetrate and "massage" your prostate (if you were male) would mean that there would have to be a level of trust and bondship there for that to occurr - this could be likened to what a hetero couple do "babe, do you want sex?" - "yeah sure snookums". It's something that 2 consenting adults, do - that are fully aware of what they are doing.

In fact, homosexuality is defined by having a sexual attraction (wanting sexual intimacy) with some one of the same sex, as well as wanting to have meaningful relationships with them. If they're friends and they are engaging in sexual activities, you can bet your bottom dollar that they are more than likely more than just "friends".

Having a hot chick "massage" my prostate would akward and uncomfortable. However, as i cannot imagine liking it - i cannot imagine myself being put or putting myself into that situation. Nor would i put myself in a situation where i would engage in or be part of, male to male sexual intimacy. It's not my thing.

But if you enjoy getting your jollies from people of the same sex, then, by definition, you are homosexual.

Nothing wrong with it, which is what i am trying to say throughout all these posts. It's amazing though, that, even though there are set accepted ideas as to what makes a person "straight" or "gay" that there are so many people that do not make the connection that physical and emotional intimacy = 'relationship', when posed with this information they say "im not gay" - well, im sorry, but if you pursue and act on those genuine "wants" then you are whatever you are trying to do. But who cares?

it's just a matter of having people understand that there are some things in this world that are black and white.

Ask a gay person, if they would ever have sex with a woman(or man, depends of course) they would say NO WAY. If they were to do that, it would mean that they would want to share that intimacy with something other than what they want. They could do it - but it owuldnt be enjoyable.

So i dare say, no real lesbian or real gay man would ever "just for fun" - because they dont find it fun.... they like .. whatever it is they like.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by FeralMonkeyMagic

You're thinking of full sex, not a specific sex act where the guys are in no way sexually attracted to the guy. They simply want their prostate massaged. If they do let a guy do them, then they see the guy the same way they see a toy. The guy is a "toy that is only there to massage their prostate." They could stick to just toys and fingers, but a guys tool will reach that area much better. For the gay guys here, you guys know that most gay men are bottoms (the ones that want to receive anal sex). It’s about 75% bottoms, 25% tops. Having a prostate isn’t exclusive to being gay, obviously. Any open minded male that tries having their prostate massaged will likely enjoy it and want to try it again. Prostate stimulation is a unique feeling that almost any open minded male will enjoy, its not something that's exclusive to being gay. They can either have their gf use toys on them, or let a guy perform anal sex. A straight male can enjoy anal sex. If they just enjoy the prostate massage, then they are straight. If they enjoy men and are turned on by a guys body, then they are bi.

You seem to believe that this is a rare occurrence because people don't talk about it openly, but it isn't. Straight men usually discover this by trying it on their own while masturbating. If they trust their gf enough, then they will ask for toys, most are so afraid to bring this up that they turn to prostitutes, or hook up with a guy under certain conditions, that being that the guy will only perform anal sex on them. Nothing more.

Being in a doctors office is never a sexual experience. Do you enjoy when a female nurse examines your penis? Probably not, its the same way with the prostate. Touching the prostate is different from stimulating it for pleasure.

There are a lot of gray areas. Its not as easy as "bi" "gay" "straight." But, to get back to the main topic here. Sexual acts are a choice, being gay is definitely not a choice.

[edit on 30-3-2010 by OralFixation]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
everything is a choice, duh..... but you chose what you want. and if i dont want no vadge . i have never been turned on by a female before. i've kissed them but nothing has even twitched downthere. it will probbally never happen but i would find it very very difficult to keep an erection with a female..

if its such a choice.. choose to suck my dick and tell me if you like it or not.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by OralFixation
reply to post by FeralMonkeyMagic

You're thinking of full sex, not a specific sex act where the guys are in no way sexually attracted to the guy. They simply want their prostate massaged. If they do let a guy do them, then they see the guy the same way they see a toy. The guy is a "toy that is only there to massage their prostate." They could stick to just toys and fingers, but a guys tool will reach that area much better. For the gay guys here, you guys know that most gay men are bottoms (the ones that want to receive anal sex). It’s about 75% bottoms, 25% tops. Having a prostate isn’t exclusive to being gay, obviously. Any open minded male that tries having their prostate massaged will likely enjoy it and want to try it again. Prostate stimulation is a unique feeling that almost any open minded male will enjoy, its not something that's exclusive to being gay. They can either have their gf use toys on them, or let a guy perform anal sex. A straight male can enjoy anal sex. If they just enjoy the prostate massage, then they are straight. If they enjoy men and are turned on by a guys body, then they are bi.

You seem to believe that this is a rare occurrence because people don't talk about it openly, but it isn't. Straight men usually discover this by trying it on their own while masturbating. If they trust their gf enough, then they will ask for toys, most are so afraid to bring this up that they turn to prostitutes, or hook up with a guy under certain conditions, that being that the guy will only perform anal sex on them. Nothing more.

Being in a doctors office is never a sexual experience. Do you enjoy when a female nurse examines your penis? Probably not, its the same way with the prostate. Touching the prostate is different from stimulating it for pleasure.

There are a lot of gray areas. Its not as easy as "bi" "gay" "straight." But, to get back to the main topic here. Sexual acts are a choice, being gay is definitely not a choice.

[edit on 30-3-2010 by OralFixation]

full sex? I think you are confused as to what "full sex" implies. Sexual activity is SEX. Oral, Anal, ocular, masturbation. It's all sex. If a man wants to have his prostate "massaged" as you put it, it is not homosexual to have his gf do it.

The things you have described would equate to a bi-sexual person. Do not make assumptions as to what i "hear" about, in my line of work i get to deal with these issues regularly.

"anal stimulation" or male to male "prostate massaging" using the "toy" (PENIS) of the other male, is considered bi-sexual, if you have any inclination towards females that is.

As much as you might want to think so (projecting your own reality here?) many hetero males participate in and enjoy a male to male encounter, i hate to tell you this, but that is definitely a gay, or bi-sexual inclination. The fact you call the other man's genitals a "toy" for perception sakes, does not change the fact that the "toy" is his penis. Both men, in the case that you describe, would be receiving mutual sexual stimulation. That in itself is not "gay" or "bi" however, them both wanting to participate in an act that homosexuals use, then they wish to show affection for each other, is definitely considered bi or gay.

There are no gray areas my friend. Just the ones you seem to be making.

Sexuality is a lot simpler than you seem to be giving credit to.

For example, i will use myself.

I enjoy the female form, i enjoy everything about their persoanlities, i enjoy their hair, their laugh.. anything really. I enjoy intimacy with them, i enjoy being close and smelling them and kissing them. I enjoy touching their bodies and engaging in any number of things with them. As i am a male, i enjoy the sexual acts without a feeling of guilt or shame.

If i was to engage in a male male occurence, it would not be comfortable, i do not wish to be "done" - i wish to do the "doing" and doing a man is not what i want to do - i have no appreciation for them. Having said that, i would not engage a male in sexually intimate contact. It does nothing for me and i would have to force it. I do not feel the same way about men that i do about women. I just cannot see a man in a sexual sense.

What you described to me, sounds like a latent homosexual urge. The want for emotional and physical intimacy with a person of the same gender.

So, having said those two things - it would take some part of me, to want to have a man on top of or want to enjoy the caress of a man, for me to want to do that.

Heterosexuals do not wish any homo contact. It's not being mean, its the way it is. Just as Gay men do not secretly wish for female contact.

Im struggling to see where you come from on this point. When quite obviously the occurences you describe, are homosexual in notion and connotation.

I suppose, from ym stand point - if there was me and a friend on a desert island for 50 years, there is no way that i would be able to look at him in a sexual way. I would not want him to "massagE" my prostate, nor any other man. I find that idea, personally, disturbing.

Having said that, im not against others who wish to do such things. Each to their own. But we definitely needed to clear up what you were discussing before.

[edit on 30-3-2010 by FeralMonkeyMagic]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Well when it boils right down to it, breathing is a choice.
I don't CARE.

I don't CARE if someone is gay or not. IN fact, some of the best people I know have been gay, so maybe I even like gay people better...especially better than people that go around worrying about whether it is a choice and if so what it MEANS.

Some people are just GAY, and it's OK.

Unless you are just a hater, then well...you're gonna hate no matter what.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

excellent!

i dare say this is another glimpse of the female mind at work

Gotta love the ladies, balanced and can summarise in few words!

nice work!

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Do leopards choose to have spots?

Do people choose to starve (apart from supermodels)?

Do people choose their families (.....um, no.....)

Do people choose to be gay? No.

Some of the nicest people and the most loyal, talented and funny people I have ever known have been gay - both male and female.

Just be grateful for the lovely people who are all around you, whether gay or straight, because that just does not matter.

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join