It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homosexuality is a choice and nothing else!

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sounds_of_Silence
reply to post by cjcord

Obviously I've pushed your buttons, but it's true, it's unnatural, why can't gay people produce off-spring, why do they need a 3rd party to assist them in having children?, because it isn't normal? is it? Didn't think so. It won't be normal, kids shouldn't be brought up in a gay household. Also, who cares if there attracted to something, doesn't mean you have to seek it out. Also, Bi-Sexuals are on the same page as gays, even sicker if you ask me, would you tell a female partner that you enjoy the company of men also...your sick for defending this.

If there is a God, i thank him that i am not like this poster! How is it wrong? are they hurting anyone? no, they are not. We have enough problems on this planet (religon) to worry about!

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Only thing I can say is God made me. Does God make garbage?

Hopefully not. If we are created in his image, maybe even we, gay men and women, are also part of that spectrum.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
We live in a crazy world, and people warp their stupid ideas around their own hate, and yes, they bring god, and religon into the frame to defend them. I am interested in people, and the way they think. I remember visiting the "american white power bored" i suggest people go and visit, just to see how backward some people are. I argued with them for a while, but you will never get through to people like that. I mean, some of these people believe that jesus was white,blue eyes and blonde hair. I mean, come on!

There i so much hate in the world!

[edit on 28-3-2010 by Jay-morris]

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
thats like saying because you have brown eyes and i have blue eyes (hypothetically) i have a mutation because from your point of view im different and also... who cares? if they choose to be gay so be it if they are born that way then so be it, cant you see that?

P.S. no hostility, honest

[edit on 28-3-2010 by ECWSANDMAN13]

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Before2017Victor
That's kinda of like saying "why don't people ever talk about how the Earth is flat?"
(I just used that as an example people don't freak out)

Your "example" is shows no pertinance though

It's not that people are afraid to talk about it, but it's tiresome.

Tiresome?
Really?
I see people being angry, some over-emotional and others participating.
Anger or too much emotional sensitivity is hardly what i'd call tiresome.

Most people have an understanding and realize that it is not a choice, or nobody would actually choose that way of life (especially in a society in which they are alienated or even killed), or that we don't have enough research on the topic to know definitvely. I must say I don't like how your title asserted a conclusion without evidence.

Plenty of people are saying it isn't a choice without evidence too
why single me out?

Do you think it's smart to try and conjure up some conspiracy relating to this or something? Like as if you're clever for seeing above all the rest of sociey's ignorance?

This thread is about the thread title and a discussion on the title
Opinions that are in opposition are not being moderated
it's a free thread

All these threads focusing on this issue of homsoexuality IMHO is useless and unimportant.
What does it really mean to you?

Why do we have anthropologists studying our caveman past?
Why do I read about african tribal rituals, mayan, aztec, inuit or whatever?
Because this is my specie, I even have interests about life underwater, in other planets

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
homosexuality occurs naturally within the animal kingdom, do you think those animals choose to be gay? Thats all I have to say on the matter for now

Exactly what i was going to say. EVERY ANIMAL in the animal kingdom has some that are homosexual. For you to say its a choice...perhaps...but it seems the very way NATURE intended it to be.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

That's kinda of like saying "why don't people ever talk about how the Earth is flat?"
(I just used that as an example people don't freak out)

Your "example" is shows no pertinance though

It's not that people are afraid to talk about it, but it's tiresome.

Tiresome?
Really?
I see people being angry, some over-emotional and others participating.
Anger or too much emotional sensitivity is hardly what i'd call tiresome.

Really? Well, I was taking bets and your little comment sure got the attention you wanted along with creating lots of hate. So I think if we all took a vote we would love to never see you make another comment on ATS.

Most people have an understanding and realize that it is not a choice, or nobody would actually choose that way of life (especially in a society in which they are alienated or even killed), or that we don't have enough research on the topic to know definitvely. I must say I don't like how your title asserted a conclusion without evidence.

Plenty of people are saying it isn't a choice without evidence too
why single me out?

Do you think it's smart to try and conjure up some conspiracy relating to this or something? Like as if you're clever for seeing above all the rest of sociey's ignorance?

This thread is about the thread title and a discussion on the title
Opinions that are in opposition are not being moderated
it's a free thread

All these threads focusing on this issue of homsoexuality IMHO is useless and unimportant.
What does it really mean to you?

Why do we have anthropologists studying our caveman past?
Why do I read about african tribal rituals, mayan, aztec, inuit or whatever?
Because this is my specie, I even have interests about life underwater, in other planets

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by BeastMaster2012

Most gay guys appear to be very emotional like women. I see them as women trapped in a guys body and why should they be punished by that?

I had to quote this because it made me laugh out loud ..for real. You have much to learn young one.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

hahah, well considering that there has been a fair contigent of people who believe that it is either a choice, or a choice that they can make if they wanted to - i would safely assume that some (most) people here have had those same sex pseudo-occurences and are feeling perhaps, puzzled by them.

It's a strange thing how our sexuality develops, but from a clinical perspectve, a lot of the stuff that has been said in here is no only extremely damaging for any homosexuals to read, because it devalues their feelingss, but also quite immature and misguided.

People who think they can "change" their sexuality, have a similar view on most aspects of their lives.

they do not understand that you can outwardly change appearances and even partners, but that does not make you gay/straigh/bi or trans.

There is no way possible, known to anyone, where you can change the chemical factors as well as bhavioural and subconscious factors, the fully implicate a change of sexual preference. It would just be, as i tried to explain, acting.

unless of course, like some others have said, that some people are bi-sexual and just dont want to come out with it.

If you feel you had a choice in your sexuality, then that might be a sign of bi-sexual attraction feelings. Perhaps.

Though i have to say, sexual attraction, again, is different from appreciating the form of another person, regardless of their sex. A guy can say "that guy is good looking" without their being a sexual urge beinhd it. Like saying "that dog is cute" - doesnt mean you want to share a sexual experience with a dog.

Can't choose your sexuality people, just gotta live with what you got - most are happy with that

There is no need to change any aspect of yourself to be better received by others, if they are judging you bsaed on something as loose as sexuality, they probably arent worth having as friends or associates.

No choice, just natural "selection" when it comes down to sexuality im afraid everyone!

P.S The guy i was speaking with before, sorry i didnt write back, was away all weekend! but i enjoyed your rebuttle and will post a response when i can!

cheers

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem

Is this because I think Global Warming is a load of bunk?

No, I just dont like you're attitude towards people with different sexual orientation. Maybe to hide your own homosexual fantasies

Either way, you have proven that fundamentalism still does exist, well done

[edit on 28/3/2010 by OzWeatherman]

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Who cares if it is a choice? Heterosexuality is a choice. So is any other thing you decide to do. If you're in a burning building with fire in it, you have the choice to stay.

Anyone could choose to have sex with a guy or a girl, but you choose the one you like more. It's a preference, just like an opinion. But, like opinions, it's difficult to feel a way that is opposite of what you naturally feel.

Oh, and, I sincerely believe the homosexuals will mutate again. Soon they will be able to reproduce and will exterminate all those who do not convert. It's in the Bible I think!

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by nomorecruelty
Oh, so *you* believe that pedophiles, not homosexuals, negatively affect others -

Ok, I'm affected negatively by homosexuals.

There went that theory.

See what I'm saying - you are gay, so you think gays are "different" and should be excluded from any negativity from society.

The pedophiles are pedophiles, and think that pedophiles are "different" and should be excluded from any negativity from society.

Bestiality people are bestiality people, and think that bestiality people are "different" and should be excluded from any negativity from society.

And.........
I'm none of the above - I think all three are sins. And all three affect me negatively.

How exactly does a homosexual effect you negatively? Did one destroy your childhood? Steal your boy/girlfriend?

Paedophilia is illegal as children are harmed and abused.

Bestiality is illegal as animals are harmed and abused.

Homosexuality is not illegal as nobody and nothing gets harmed or abused.
If any harm or abuse appears, it's not homosexuality that's harming or abusing, it's the person themselves. Just the same way that heterosexual people sometimes harm and abuse each other.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   

The Bible speaks in several places about homosexuality - no, it doesn't call it that as that word is man made and wasn't even a word at that time.

Aren't all words man made?

You can read about the downfalls in the Bible, or in secular history books, if they haven't "removed" the information by now.

Sodom and Gomorrah is probably the most infamous example - and before you say that it wasn't referring to homosexuality, you should read Jude in the Bible.

And if you need proof that the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah were truly physically destroyed, you can view THIS

Jude 1:7

7Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.

[edit on 25-3-2010 by nomorecruelty]

My take on the bible stuff is that the guys who wrote the bible were the guys who look at two heterosexuals kissing and think "Ew, that's gross" and so they write it into the bible that God said it's bad to do it.
Then they saw that these two towns got demolished by some natural disaster and thought "I know, I'll write that God did that because they were all gays, that way nobody else will be gays or they'll think God will destroy their villages too".

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   

I am serious, if they are not homosexual by choice then please explain to me how that is not mutation.

For you, or anyone else to be able to grasp this, you need to first establish your own point of view on (primarily) 1 thing (that can be divided into 2 subsections, that are important while trying to understand what one can actually do, and what is the cause of what).

Does one a) have a soul?

and b) does one have the ability to affect ones choices?

When you understand these are the same question, you can get closer to the true depth of this issue, on homosexuality, on some kind of behaviour - the cause of certain aspects of ones self, that are not that easily explained.

Incase you believe, that one has the ability to affect ones choices, then you must understand that only a multidimensional soul, can ever affect its own decicions.

Any sane person would agree - that otherwise all decisions would be caused by different reactionchains happening in 3D reality, that one has no controll over.

Now if you feel like gay people can affect their own decisions, you must agree they have a soul (or a multidimensional point of perspective to reality, from which one can affect ones train of thought without it being dictated by the the outside reality) also, don't you?

Then in one sense, if you feel like people are able to make choices that are not merely dictations by the outside reality (or caused by thereof), then in part your view on reality alredy partly allows & agrees on people being multidimensional souls, experiencing a lifetime of linearity [..3D -> world of cause and effect..], whilst being able to make effections to it.

Incase you wish to further understand the secret behind homosexuality, you would maybe like to take the point of view to it, that all of us are souls, that can have different characters dictated by perhaps the energies or things we have experienced in other lifetimes - that might not even have anything to do with this planet.

That is - if you truly believe in the concept of decision that you believed in your earlier post - you must understand that decision cannot ever be made in 3D world by anything else than someone atleast part multidimensional.

..that is simply not theoretically possible..

Personally I see this thing in the way, that there are both sociological causes to people feeling a sense of attraction towards the gay life, and also energies at soul levels that are truly such that deep within them they must feel real attraction, to get a boner when watching another man..

..now as men, we know that having a boner cannot be "acted", or atleast no one would act to themselves wanting to have a boner over something they do not feel like getting a boner to - then we must agree, that it is definetely something deep within these gay guys, that is something that is truely natural (@ a deeper level) to them.

Only after understanding the free will (..multidimensional soul aspect to it, that is required - to exist - for anyone to make a choice of their own that is not dictated by anything else, than their own free will..), then we can start to understand this also better.

We must see this at a deeper level, than simple school biology, or other quite superficial stuff (..that lack the wholistic understanding of a humanbeing, as a whole..) - to really understand the deeper cause of this form of love and the need for it - from the point of view of a gay minded brothersoul, living in this same reality..

[edit on 29-3-2010 by Jussi]

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost
I believe sexual orientation has more to do with upbringing and experience than it does genes. There are various studies that suggest a variety of factors might influence sexual orientation - some lean more toward the nature, others more toward the nurture side.

Sorry if this sounds harsh but homosexuality is not natural. This does not mean it is wrong or people that are gay are outcasts by any means (at least in my own eyes). A fitting example is to consider a situation where two people are castaway to a deserted island. Two people of the same sex who are both homosexuals will not be able to start a family or their own civilisation. Two people of opposite sexes that are both heterosexuals will not only be able to, they will be far more likely to do so than homosexuals of different genders.

[edit on 25/3/2010 by Dark Ghost]

uh, knock, knock? "who's there?"

well, just Obviousness calling to let people know that if two heterosexual people of the same gender are castaways on a deserted island .. uh, they won't be having kiddies either. procreation requires a peter and a vagina. it doesn't require any specific sexual orientation.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hadrian
I believe sexual orientation has more to do with upbringing and experience than it does genes. There are various studies that suggest a variety of factors might influence sexual orientation - some lean more toward the nature, others more toward the nurture side.

edit: sorry about that 1st paragraph it was an epic fail to quote someone. my apologies.

just my two cents i watched a documentary once on whether or not is it in fact an upbringing that has an effect on your sexual orientation. It was a documentary on identical genes, at age 8 i believe, it was obvious one of the twins were gay. Their upbringing was exactly the same yet one twin ( at such a young age) knows he's different, knows he is gay.

call homosexuals mutations if it make you feel better, but i can never believe its a choice. I had a friend who died because he was gay. He LOVED his life. I doubt he "chose" to live a life that would make living harder for him (family and work) . And i sure as heck doubt he wanted to die.

[edit on 29-3-2010 by BoricuaDiabla]

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Okay, I know i'm going to get flamed here
and people, let's keep it civil so mods don't delete the thread!

Too many people say that homosexuality is not a choice, some say "I know how I feel, I feel diferent", of course you feel different... you are different!

But to say that homosexuality is not a choice and there is some DNA change causing homosexuality doesn't mean you are calling them mutants?

I am serious, if they are not homosexual by choice then please explain to me how that is not mutation.
No I am not calling homosexual mutants, if YOU say they do not make that choice then YOU are saying they are!

There is so much data out there, some saying it is a choice some saying not, there is both so now what. Lets just rely on logic.

If it is not mutation but also isnt a choice then heterosexuals would also say it is not a choice. And saying it is a choice means it is a mental decision while saying it is not is a physical one.

Thoughts

1. Mutation is evolution

2. Homosexuality is natural. It is nature's way of saying, "do not reproduce"

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darth Logan

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
homosexuality occurs naturally within the animal kingdom, do you think those animals choose to be gay? Thats all I have to say on the matter for now

Animals also rape each other and copulate with dead animals. This line of reasoning is unsustainable. If seemingly "homosexual" acts among animals are in accordance with animal nature, then parental killing of offspring and intra-species devouring are also in accordance.
Irrational animal behavior is not a yardstick to determine what is morally acceptable behavior for rational humans.
The animal kingdom is a whole different ball game, sorry to say.

Sorry to say this too, but all those things you mentioned that animals do are also done by humans. Cannibalism, Infanticide, Necrophilia, Rape, all done by humans too.
Nobody said that those things are morally acceptable though. Of the five things mentioned here (homosexuality being the fifth), being gay is the only one that people are saying should be morally acceptable since it is between consenting adults and harms nobody.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Humans can do, are permitted to do, and will do anything in their powers.
A human can do anything it can do. Period.
But.
Is the thing the human does really a wanted or necessary part of the larger human experience?
In America, about half do not want Obama's brand of health insurance, but they are forced and it is claimed that a vote was taken.
If so, then how about a vote on homosexuals?
You'd lose and you know it.
The majority of people would vote for no homosexual behavior.
How can a very tiny minority suddenly tell the vast majority how to live?
How does this happen?
If you really want to believe in Democracy you would allow a vote about homosexual behavior and you would find out that it is not wanted.
It is tolerated because we are so nice.
But don't come around shoving it in our faces and ruining the Nation.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Cabaret Voltaire

If you really want to believe in Democracy you would allow a vote about homosexual behavior and you would find out that it is not wanted.
It is tolerated because we are so nice.
But don't come around shoving it in our faces and ruining the Nation.

Bloody ridiculous sentiments.

Can't say anything else about it, except bloody ridiculous. Well, could say vile and hateful, too. Yeah, that about covers it.

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join