It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homosexuality is a choice and nothing else!

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by dbloch7986

That's because sexuality is not a disease or condition or mental state of health. Sexuality is nothing more than an extension of our being.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Once upon a time, I thought the same. At times, to varying degrees, I still think that it is a choice. However, given that I am a heterosexual man, I really don't know. It could be some imbalance in the brain. There are also some spiritual equations in there, but I won't get into all of that here.

I'll be honest, I have a hard enough time figuring out how a woman could find a man attractive much less another man finding a man attractive.
So, I have a hard time believing that homosexuality is a choice. I tend to think that it is due to something spiritual, but, like I said, I am not going to get into that because it would bring up too many philosophical arguments.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by jeanvaljean

Jean, pls, scroll up, and see m post

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by mefrosty

Originally posted by brilab45
reply to post by mefrosty

Fanatic, my friend, is a very strong description. Gentle, gentle....remember tolerance, even to those who show you none.

Thank you, Thank you!! I just happen to LOVE brussel sprouts ! lololol

Sorry, didn't mean to spread hatred of brussel sprouts. My bad.

However, having lived as a second class citizen and a member of the most loathed group of humans on earth next to rapists and murderers, I have little tolerance.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Oh and FYI, two male or female dogs or cats or any animal mounting each other and humping without penetration, whether visibly excited or not is a display of dominance and not homosexuality. Humans have evolved beyond unrinating, defecating and mounting each other to assert dominance. And if two male or femail animals follow each other around for a long time even with the "appearance" of a monogamous relationship it doesn't mean they are homosexual. I spend a lot of time with my best friend who also happens to be male and we are not a gay couple. We also wrestle with each other and argue like an old married couple. I'd hate to find out that some "scientist" was studying us as a gay couple.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Granted it is a choice to have sex or to not have sex.
It is a choice who a person has sex with. Not really sure about the animal
kingdom being gay really. I would say they follow there urges and thats
all they really know. I don't believe for one second that there is no difference between humans and animals.

Is beastiality a choice? Absolutly. However, as for homosexuality being a choice? I can't in all honesty buy that. That dosn't mean there are not some, who for them, it became a choice. I myself could choose to turn gay.

EEEasy settle down.

Not gonna happen.

Let it be known that I do not pity, hate , condemn gays. I have known a
number of gays in my time. I find them mostly to be very entertaining
and informative people. Having great "sense and sensability" most of them
very intelligent people who know the value of a friend.
If it is wrong to be Homosexual that is no issue they will ever have to take up with me. Way to much shinning to do on my own spirit.

[edit on 26-3-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Thank you for illustrating how much being gay is a choice. A person chooses to do so or not just like the others you mentioned chooses to go after what they think are interesting. I have been on enough boards to know that a butt man and a boob man would be happy with a wife that doesn't hold to their ideals. A person who prefers red heads will not always go out with a red head, nor marry a red head.

Otherwise I would have to agree with the OP.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Reply to post by maria_stardust

Yea I know. I'm not saying it is a disease, or even a disability. I am just saying if it is a genetic trait, then it is a deformity because it flys in the face of the purpose of nature which is survival of the species. I am not even saying its wrong. I don't judge others because its not my place. I'm just saying if you want to say its genetic then call it what it is, a genetic mutation. People want to say sexual preference is genetic then it must also have genetic deformities in the form of unusual activities. Who's to say the paedophilia, necrophilia, beastiality, the inability to be monagamous all don't fall in the same category. Should women feel sorry for a man and be more forgiving because it is not his choice to cheat on her? He just has to because his genes tell him. What about paedophiles? Do they also not have a choice? Who determines that homosexuality is a genetic trait and that paedophilia and cheating is not?

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   

reply to post by mefrosty

Fanatic, my friend, is a very strong description. Gentle, gentle....remember tolerance, even to those who show you none.

Thank you, Thank you!! I just happen to LOVE brussel sprouts ! lololol

Sorry, didn't mean to spread hatred of brussel sprouts. My bad.

However, having lived as a second class citizen and a member of the most loathed group of humans on earth next to rapists and murderers, I have little tolerance.

Our Mayor (4th largest city) was just inagurated holding girlfriends hand about 2 months ago!!!! LOLOL..

Yes TOLERANCE is becoming the norm.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mystery_Lady
reply to post by weedwhacker

Thank you for illustrating how much being gay is a choice. A person chooses to do so or not just like the others you mentioned chooses to go after what they think are interesting. I have been on enough boards to know that a butt man and a boob man would be happy with a wife that doesn't hold to their ideals. A person who prefers red heads will not always go out with a red head, nor marry a red head.

Otherwise I would have to agree with the OP.

I think you make a great point. Everyone has certain sexual proclivities that someone else, be it gay or straight, would find repulsive or objectionable.

For instance, I am a face and hands person. The rest is all gravy. But the prerequisite must be met in order for me to be attracted to that certain person.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by dbloch7986

is a genetic trait and that paedophilia and cheating is not?

Pedophilia I'm pretty sure is a disease or a sickness.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Mystery_Lady

(Sigh)

You completely misunderstood my point.....

I was trying not to be crass and obscene, by choosing analogies (and I think MOST people understood that).

There is no way I can add any more to what others have already eloquently siad about it NOT being a choice.

However, I do know what IS a choice --- opting to bury one's head in the sand (or in the bible).

But if I have to be crass to make a point: The thought of a woman's vagina disgusts me. While I can appreciate what is commonly-accepted standard of beauty, at least in today's modern Western societies' view, I am never aroused, AT ALL, by the sight of a woman...naked, clothed provacative pose, whatever.

Woman's breasts are ugly. They do nothing for me, at all. The aesthetics of the female form are, simply aesthetics --- I can view them from a clinical standpoint, and NEVER get an erection. No fantasies about sex with a woman either...it is not in my wiring.

ALL sex is in the brain, after all. It IS about chemical reactions, this has been studied at great length, and scientists are learning more and more every day.

Unfortunately, provincial and out-dated biases remain prevalent, in some quarters; biases based on complete misunderstandings of biology and reality.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

You are, of course, a moron.

You express an opinion without foundation and say keep it civil. You are a moron.

Every study I have read says that for the range of sexual proclivity, statistical correlations run fairly consistently. Some people are strictly hetero, some strictly homo and others switch. When interviewed most exclusively homosexuals state they have always felt attracted to their own sex.

One promising avenue of research was stress upon the mother during her pregnancy and when it was applied. These stresses varied as to what they were, physical or mental, but that they were of some severity and of some duration. This could affect the brain's development and the sexual expression of the child. Different times of stress would cause feminine appearance attachment (cross-dressing) but not necessarily homosexual activity.

The outcome of continuous stress on the mother would be fully feminized attitudes and behavior (flamers).

If only during the sexual orientation segment of pregnancy, homosexual activity without the drag queen/king appearance.

It explains that the race will act funny when it becomes stressful while having children. Birth control of future generations. More environmental stresses on mom the greater the chance of non procreation.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by PowerSlave
Leaving god out of this for a moment.......

If being gay is not a choice but rather a "hard wired" attraction without choice and without the ability to change.

Then what of other attractions....

There are people attracted to animals
I saw a show on people who are attracted to inanimate objects
Then there are those who are "attracted to children"

As for the the latter, those people are either condemned or treated with councelling and/or drugs. Some of these people claim they cannot help their attraction, it is "hard wired".

So if we have "normal" heterosexuals
homosexuals and other ___sexuals all claiming their attractions to be a "born with" attraction.

How can we differentiate between any of them? How can we say one is normal and another is not, or is a "sickness"?

That is absolutely correct - and we can't tell. Because each 'group' wants to see themselves as "special" and "not like all the rest".

A homosexual is a homosexual by the very label due to the sexual orientation/preference. Then you have gay males, gay male pedophiles, and straight male pedophiles.........

To me, they all fall under the "homosexual" label. Even when I was in the lifestyle I did not let myself get caught up around gay males - because most of them, I found, were constantl on the prowl for sex - and yeah, it made me sick. Women, while still "homosexuals" didn't, as a general rule. There were a few exceptions but the majority of women were monogamous. I cannot, and will not, say the same thing about gay males.
Sorry if that offends any "normal" homosexuals.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
You may be right. I may be crazy. But I'm just trying to illustrate a point. Paedophilia could also be a genetic abberation of sexual attraction just as homosexuality is painted to be. So why would you accuse someone of "choosing" to be a paedophile but give homosexuals a free pass. Becuase there are no children involved? Paedophilia used to be a widely accepted practice from Roman times almost all the way into modern day. Homosexuality on the other hand was considered vile and repuslive. Now these things have switched places and society determined at some point that homosexuality is now okay and paedophilia is now. Homosexuals promote acceptance of themselves on the platform that it is not a choice. Scientifically it makes no sense.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   

reply to post by Tykonos

WOW...Not sure just WHO the ignorant is here. Enlighten me.

Many peoples beliefs are THEIR FACTS, my friend. Too many of us (encluding myself) are intolerant to many of those beliefs.

Just because I would not agree with someone in their way of thinking, or doing, does not mean Ima gonna bash them. I dissassociate myself with those with whom I am not comfortable with.

If those are FACTS, then you will be able to prove them.

Faith in god is a belief, faith in itself is not a fact. People who treat their faith as a undesputable fact are dilusionable, and bordering on symptoms of mental illness.

The bible is a fact, you can prove its existence. You can't prove that the scripture is the word of god. You can only have faith that it is.

Like i say, to convict someone of a crime, you need to prove with evidence that the person yu belive did the crime actually done irt.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Well, I have no idea how you're wired, but when I was at the shops yesterday I aw this blond cool glass of water, in a white blouse, short black dress, high heels, with long unhindered hair, and a face that would make even jesus cry..

And I had NO choice but to want her like a man dieing of thirst.

No choice.

So..... I dunno.. I think Im made that way. she was just the loveliest vision, and if I thought I'd even have had a chance, the idea of love at first sight would have made me one of those idiots who starts a story told to grand kiddies yesterday.

Choice? I'm not sure about that.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   

I can offer a story that may help explain your mutant/gay choice conundrum.

I had a neighbor friend growing up, his name was Justin.

Justin had a tough life. His dad molested him and his little sister when they were young, and forced them to do despicable acts to each other. He was caught by the mother, and went to prison.

The mother, was a "crack whore." And I'm being nice saying that. She was on welfare, and had the grossest guys coming and going, providing her with drugs, and them with sex acts. The grandmother who lived in the house was a raging alcoholic chain smoker, and also very abusive towards her daughter and grandkids ( my friend Justin). Verbally and Physically abusive. He also had a great grandmother living in the house who had dementia. She literally acted like she was demonically possessed. Seeing a 90 year old woman speak like the devil is some scary S--T!

Justin was born with the same potential and innocence every baby is born with. He could have been anything. Around the time he hit puberty, he started looking at me and my guy friends a little different. We started realizing why he wanted to spend the night and sleep in the same bed all the time. It wasnt because he considered us friends, he was becoming attracted to us. Needless to say, being teenagers, we ostracized him.

The sad thing is, to this day he admits that his homosexuality is the direct cause of his family and home life growing up.

He lived in a household full of disgusting women, who hurt him in every way imaginable, and never showed him any love or affection. Subsequently he learned from a young age to despise women. He never had a father figure to look up to and learn from, so he became feminine, desperate to feel the affection from a male.

It didnt help that his only memory of his father was him doing abhorred sexual things with him. At the time it happened, his little brain couldnt understand sex. So, he equated what was taking place with "love" and how "a dad must show he cares about his children."

I think you see where this is going. I know its a sick and twisted story, but to me it makes sense how someone could be neither born with it, nor be a mutant, sometimes just a series of unfortunate events can shape a childs sexuality at a young age.

I hope this helps

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
society forces its views on you. how to behave. what to do, think, buy, eat and what sex your partner you should have. if not for this there would be a majority of bi-sexual people.

and a earlier post is right. selective breeding would have bred it out of the human race.

[edit on 26-3-2010 by buddha]

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Homosexuality has to be a choice. It cannot be anything else. You can blow your horns all day about it happening in the Animal Kingdon and that Justifies people being gay. They use the Animal Theory to justify their own actions.

The reason I say it has to be Choice is because Sex is a choice. You can either chose to have sex or chose not to have sex. You don't see animals having Sex all day long, do you?

If I couldn't find someone of the opposite Sex, I wouldn't go out and find someone of the same sex, just to have sex. So, it comes down to choice.

The next thing I've heard a lot of is that God Hates Fags and God Loves Eveyone, Gay or not Gay.

This is another Furphy. Has anyone heard from God about his opinion?

You'll find that Real, Stright men don't like Gays much. Gay men that is. When it comes to Lesbians, However, it's a different story...

I wonder why that is?

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join