It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homosexuality is a choice and nothing else!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by FeralMonkeyMagic
an educated decision based on what you feel is what is called TRUTH.

you are lying to yourself if you act in a manner that is unnatural to yourself.

smoking isnt a sin, nor is "murder" under certain circumstances. It is all contextual.

You are missing the point of acceptance, which is what jesus preached. Considering that catholocism and Christianity are fundementally based on his teachings, i fail to see where you could misinterpret this.

Basing your rules in life, on what decisions were made at the councel of nicea, where MEN decided what to put in to the bible and what not to, should give an indication of control that those who edited the bible, wished to instill.

I also find it funny, that the bible does not have the scripture Jesus wrote, which was deliberately left out, probably because it was too agreeing and human and accepting, so they chose to leave in recollections of past events that were regurgitated from sons and brothers of the original author.

Live by Jesus' law, whcih by default is God's law.

When you live by the laws of man, you are destined for the gallows, eternally and in this life.

And can I guess - this so called "lost" script that Jesus supposedly penned can't be found anywhere but there are people that swear they've seen it?

I do agree with you on your last comment - when you live by the laws of man, you are destined for the gallows - but not eternally, just earthly.

The Bible does not teach, nor does it condone, the acceptance of ANY sin - homosexuality or any of the others.

Love the sinner, yes - love/accept the sin? No.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I am totally confuzzled over the logic used in this thread. Is the OP really attempting to claim that "normal" people ( and when i say normal I mean hetero, obviously :@@
wake up one day and take a look at a member of their own sex, and say to themselves " Hm, I'd hit it, that's hot.".

Attraction and sexual impulses don't work that way in the real world. regardless of the fact that there may or may not be a homosexual "gene", being attracted to a member of your own sex is not a conscious decision; like choosing cream cheese over butter on your morning bagel. The entire premise is absurd. And more than a little bigoted.

Either it's a conscious decision to choose to be ostracized, humiliated by many, cause emotional anguish and pain in one's life, and deal with the fine examples of humanity as seen in this thread--- or they are mutants? Really, is there no option C? Not to burst your fairy tale bubble, but life is not black and white.

And to the bible thumpers who feel it is their duty to dehumanize and condemn any who go against their big bad book of everything----I am sure God would be so proud of your tolerance, kindness and non-judgement of your fellow man.

Being gay is not a choice, nor is it a mutation. It just is, like being ignorant or enlightened. If anything, it's a gift from your God, much like the ability to be sane and rational. Or is that a mutation too?

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by cjcord

God does not tell us to be tolerant of any sin.

And I read the Bible - not thump it.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

You arent seriously trying to equate animal behavior with human behavior are you? It is illogical to use animal behavior to justify a human act we have the ability to reason. My dog will try to hump anything my leg a tree my cat does that make him homosexual? Come on man most anilmals have two reasons for sex it feels good and dominance.We cannot add our emotions and feeling to the animal kingdom because in truth we dont know what there thinking.

Now is it a choice i dont believe what attracts you is a choice but its not genetic either.Minds are complicated Frued would say are sexuality is based on many factors from are youth and excepted social behavior. Good example of that many males in roman times were bi sexual and often had a male companion. This was an accepted norm later this became a moral sin with the rise of christianity and would now be considered deviant behavior because the social norm changed.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by nomorecruelty

I never said homosexuality was a religious belief. Someone posited to you that "Not everybody shares your religious beliefs." Your response was, "And again, that's their choice whether they share them or not. I don't have any problems with people choosing to be any way that they want to be - thief, murderer, fast driver (lol) or whatever
they choose -"

Don't you see how that could me misconstrued?

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   

In other words: you have no direct evidence to back up your claims and are simply spreading misinformation. And yeah, all the worlds problems are directly related homosexuality... give me a break. Unless you can provide empirical evidence, you're simply spreading hate under the guise of righteousness.

I don't even know how to debate someone who refuses to use critical thinking and reason, you know, the very things that set us apart from the rest of the animal kingdom, so I must concede from this circular nonsense.

Peace.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by cjcord
Attraction and sexual impulses don't work that way in the real world. regardless of the fact that there may or may not be a homosexual "gene", being attracted to a member of your own sex is not a conscious decision; like choosing cream cheese over butter on your morning bagel. The entire premise is absurd.

Yup. I could be persuaded to engage in a homosexual activity. "What would you do for a million bucks?" That choice wouldn't make me gay, it would make me a whore. See the difference guys?

[edit on 26-3-2010 by intrepid]

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
oh the bible, something that was corroborated and edited by MAN??

your bible, regardless of stamps of "authenticity" contradicts jesus' teachings of acceptance and peace.

I indeed have a "king james" bible, i also have several other version of the bible - interesting to find bits and peices missing throughout all.

I suggest you speak with GOD and ask for guidance and how to tolerate and accept others for what they are.

Instead of spreading self hate (venom) to people you might encounter.

Also interesting is that many MANY MANY of the catholic and christian "followes" have engaged in illicit wrong doings.

Learn to read hebrew eh? can you do that? also, do you have access to the vatican library? that's where all the real gold they dont want you devotees knowing about is hidden.

10 commandments are damn good set of values to live by. Doesnt say anything about homosexuality.

it does say something about lying, even to ones self. That is sin.

Considering the other things you have written, i would summise that you MIGHT have some homosexual tendencies? this is what you were praying for releif from?

If you like men, you like men, dont fight it - just becuase one arsehole male or several hurt you when you were young, does not make the same sex a viable option. Nor does it make you a lesbian or whatever.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   

The entire Scriptures were inspired by God - did he take a Bic and write it?No.

That's entirely my point. God tried to get his message across to the masses through fallible humans, yet failed. Why is the God of the OT so different from the God of the NT, i.e. Jesus? Why didn't Jesus ever say he was jealous and vengeful? Why did he spend his time healing sinners instead of smiting them?

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   

So does that mean we should love your narrow view on something that is by all defenition natural? i suppose not.

However, you are embarking upon judgment of others and using scripture to try and backup your own views. Not all of the people who wrote "articles" for the bible were saints. Some of these recollections, that the bible is made up of (due to the burning of alexandria library) are memories of orignal writings, which have been edited OVER time and at the bibles inception.

why dont you do a little research into what was BANNED from being in the bible at the counsel that emperor constantine oversaw and instigated?

My friend, a Catholic priest, who travels to rome every year several times, is going ot be taking over the Australian Catholic Commity as it's head. The things he has told me, would amaze and be refused by most practicing christians and catholics.

Conspiracy does not stay in politics alone, well organised religion is another form of political control.

That is for sure.

God and Jesus never wanted it like that, but men have turned it that way.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Maybe part of the problem of understanding something like this is that we tend to view gender identity and sexual identity as black and white. It seems that these things may be more diverse than we realize. I think reducing everything down to 'for the sake of pro-creation' may be over-simplistic. Nature is by nature, Diverse and not without reason. We are just beginning to understand that diversity including that within our own species.
Homosexuality, as one poster noted, is observed in Nature, as is gender bending even and we are not seperate of Nature. It seems the data out there have some interesting theories as to why this is.
People who are homosexual and any other sexual orientation will tell you that they didn't just decide one day to be this or that but that it simply has been that way since they can remember regardless of their background and when they have acted against that, it has been detrimental to their well being because it is something they have been unable to truly change and why should they?
So if it is merely a choice, it shouldn't be such a problem to change. If it is a choice, why would someone choose to be of something which may get them persecuted? In some places in the world, to be homosexual is a death sentence and in America, people have been attacked and murdered or dis-owned by their families for being homosexual, trans, etc.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

Just have to say, that using Freud as an example does not really apply anymore, though he and Jung are the grandfathers of Psychology, many of their once accepted views on things like homosexuality are now considered innaccurate.

We have come a long way in 100 years, thats for sure.

I however agree with your post

also, for Nomorecruelty - this book, of Jesus' was not "lost" it was CENSORED out of the bible. It also entails what jesus did, form when he was 12 up to 30, which is another thing the church as a whole does not want you to know about, because it shows him again, as being more human than most humans.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Emerald The Paradigm

Animals do indeed think. Like humans, they think and have instincts. Unfortunately, humans seem to think they are special when in reality, all species are special each having their own gift. This dosn't make one greater or lesser. If you say, well animals don't build sky scrapers. They don't have culture, religion, art, music, philosophy, Science, etc.. But they do, but in different forms of expression. Look at the building wonders of the bees, the ants, the nest builders, the animals that live under ground, look at what spider makes. Each species has it's own way of doing things, it's own culture. Look at how wolves operate or lions and lionesses, or the elephants and whales. Some birds are attracted to males that are pleasing to the eye, and some judge by their nest building skills. And so on and so forth. Many species learn by being taught. For example, a Lioness teaches her young how to hunt and survive. This requires more than just mre instinct.

Pardon folks for me going off topic.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Thou shalt not eat pork, shrimp, lobster, or any shellfish. (Leviticus 11:7-12)

How's that Easter ham taste, sinner?

But on a more serious note...I was under the impression that Jesus died in part to wash away the sins of the people, and taught that the Jewish law was no longer the rule. Under this premise, laws regarding man lying with man which is found in the old testament is no longer applicable.

If this is true, it justifies the disregard of believers of laws such as not eating "unclean" foods, not owning people as slaves, not considering women on the rag as untouchable, and not having to beat your children. Among other "outdated" and unacceptable behavior for modern man.

So please explain why Christians choose to fob off some laws as being "Old Testament, therefore null", or no longer relevant- but choose to keep this archaic form of discrimination and hatred.

If you get rid of one law, should it not follow to get rid of them all? Who got to choose which remained sin or not? Was it a person? It seems a bit oxymoronic to me.

In summary- I stand by my previous statement. Homosexuals are not mutants, or any other term equally dehumanizing or ignorant, nor is their sexual nature a choice. The burden of proof lies on those making the positive claim- the OP's claims positively that homosexuality is a choice.

So prove it.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Originally posted by cjcord
Attraction and sexual impulses don't work that way in the real world. regardless of the fact that there may or may not be a homosexual "gene", being attracted to a member of your own sex is not a conscious decision; like choosing cream cheese over butter on your morning bagel. The entire premise is absurd.

Yup. I could be persuaded to engage in a homosexual activity. "What would you do for a million bucks?" That choice wouldn't make me gay, it would make me a whore. See the difference guys?

[edit on 26-3-2010 by intrepid]

Please reread what I stated.
"being attracted to a member of your own sex is not a conscious decision"

Anyone can be persuaded to do any amount of things they normally would not do- but being persuaded is not the same as feeling the need to do it without the persuasion. See the difference, guys?

[edit on 26-3-2010 by cjcord]

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by cjcord

You've been around here too long. I was agreeing with you.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Torgo

The entire Scriptures were inspired by God - did he take a Bic and write it?No.

That's entirely my point. God tried to get his message across to the masses through fallible humans, yet failed. Why is the God of the OT so different from the God of the NT, i.e. Jesus? Why didn't Jesus ever say he was jealous and vengeful? Why did he spend his time healing sinners instead of smiting them?

Failed to get "His" message across? Apparently not, as you claim to be following the message. Common sense, you can has sum?

The God of the OT is the same God of the NT- just a different bio written for the purpose of organizing a cult. Who would want to worship and vengeful and angry God? That's no way to get followers!

If Jesus ever felt jealous and vengeful, he would hardly admit now, would he? it would destroy his persona of holier than thou. What a silly statement to make.

Again, if the Jesus who was supposed to be the son of God (and God himself :@@
went around smiting people, i highly doubt he would be a popular fellow. More hated and feared than loved and respected, no?

Were these serious questions?

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

it was more a pre-emptive clarification than a rebuttal to your comment. I could just see that statement being taken as support for another point, and i thought i'd just clear it up before that happened.

but you are correct, I HAVE been here too long. Damn insomnia^^.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by cjcord

I never claimed to be a Christian. I would've thought the whole, "Jesus, who was your God incarnate..." thing would've made that quite clear. I'm not an atheist either, as I do believe religion serves it's purpose. It has it's flaws, as evidenced by nomorecruelty's posts, but I do believe that it ultimately leads to us being better people.

[edit on 26-3-2010 by Torgo]

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   
My apologies for the assumption. Consider my post to be directed at the others who are using their beliefs as ammunition.

After I inadvertently insulted the poster above by my temper fueled fingers, I should have taken a time out. Which i will do now^^.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join