It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Srange event in Portugal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Hi all
I'm from Brasil...i read this forum for a long time....register today to post this info...a strange UFO event in Portugal....

www.lusa.pt...

my english in far from good...but i will try to translate some things...

"A UFO has been seen by a LOT of People over "all Portugal"...it was a big white light....moving in silence...with some type of smoke behind then...
This object was also caught in the radar of airports and the radars from the portugal Air Force...
but no one know what is this....
again...sorry for my poor english...

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Happened across a story and remembered this post....
so here's the Portugal UFO in English:
Link

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Anyone got any problems with this being a ufo wether it be goverment or alien in origin.

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 11:43 AM
link   
No. No problem at all with this being a ufo. It seems it is in fact a ufo, since it's not identified. Wether it's a ship or something like that, well that's another question..

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Can we get any additional confirmation?
Any members in Portugal who can provide additional comments or sightings? Has the media caught this at all in South America?

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Kangaxx, may know something. Or maybe he can give us some insight about increased UFO traffic and the like. I find it weird that this is coming from Portugal, as I beleive that's where Kangaxx resides. ???

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Thank you for the interpretation fers!If you see anything else reported on it in Portugese,please continue to translate it for us.

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 02:28 PM
link   
im suprised that the worlds media havent picked this up as it seems to be very autheintic and confirmed by many ways......

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Report and agencies involved seem to pint to a unknown event occuring. Maybe satelite as mentioned in story?

Maybe the unknowns have heard about the soccer and come to take a look? (Euro 2004 is being staged in Portugal this month)

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 07:43 PM
link   
hi mates, yes that was happen here, a UFO was seened by hundreds of people here in portugal, it have crossed our airspace from souht to north, and the day after that our airforce was in a red alert stage, nothing more was reported after that.untill now!

it have been spoted to by 3 major "airtrafic" control towers here, in they'r radars for almoust 3 minuts. but it have been witnessed by many people that have called to the poloce and fire departments for all the night.

i have posted that in a topic asking us to post any weird events, but the topic was closed by mods/admni because it was a "aussie block" related topic

P.S- fers66: "ola amigo
espero que esteja tudo legal no brasil, � sempre bom encontrar por aqui irmaos brasileiros
fica bem
cya"

[Edited on 4-6-2004 by kangaxx]

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 07:49 PM
link   
i forgte to give the UFO especifications...sorry:

reported by air force commanders the ufo was "spaceshuttle" shaped, nor a real one but too similar, it have "spiting" always a kinf of smoke, and have always a strong light from the same spot where the smoke was exiting. that was what the "normal people" here knows about it.
it was first page news in several newspapers here.althou i have not seened any image , and i do not knw if any official entitie here have fotographed it besithes the "radar" and witness evidences.

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Well, Hi there fers66...

I am from Portugal, I do speak some portuguese, but I am not very good at it, since I lived in America my entire life.

Well, I am always watching the RTP channel on satellite, and have never heard any news about UFO sightings in any part of Portugal.

Smells like a government coverup.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Well Kangaxx, tell me when the first sighting was, because when I was in Portugal from last July to Last August, I seemed to look up into the night sky, and I thought I saw a bright flash just fly by through the entire night sky, it had disappeared.

I told others, but they remained skeptical.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 08:35 PM
link   
that had happened last tuesday(ter�a-feira) at 23.30h. in lisbon(11.30pm)! and i am not shocked at all if you have seen nothing in RTP international chanels, because the TVmedia in portugal are quite anedotic, good news for them are portuguese politics, personal scandels/escandalos, good wemans, top models, movies, football, and so o on,but it was reported in RTP,SIC,TVI and SICnoticias on cable(by netcabo cable services), try enter in the sites of the major newspapers here( correio da manha and diario de noticias) here and you will seen...it was funny how a entire country could experience a weird event and nobody else abroud can't notice....that simple proofs to us how futile mass media are moustly of the time.
here was not a "covered plan" for sure...because "all" the people have seen it!..hhehe, how could you "cover " that=!?

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Weather balloon...

Shattered OUT...

new topics

top topics

join