It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Chavez TV channel owner arrested in Venezuela

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Anti-Chavez TV channel owner arrested in Venezuela

news.yahoo.com

CARACAS, Venezuela – The owner of Venezuela's only remaining TV channel that takes a critical line against President Hugo Chavez was arrested Thursday, raising concerns the government is carrying out a widening crackdown aimed at silencing opponents.

Guillermo Zuloaga, owner of Globovision, was arrested on a warrant for remarks that were deemed "offensive" to the president, Attorney General Luisa Ortega said.

Zuloaga said military intelligence agents detained him at an airport in the northwestern state of Falcon as he was preparing to fly on his private plane with his wife to the Ca
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I'm glad they arrested this CIA dog. No doubt the people of that country loves Chavez and if there is someone that is criticizing Chavez, its more likely a CIA operative or paid by the CIA to start a possible revolution. Based on the history of the CIA I'm glad Chavez is taking it seriously to crackdown on anybody who is targeting the country he loves so much.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I agree.

I hope the Bolivarian revolution continues to spread and grow stronger in Latin America, and perhaps further. Decentralised power is what this world needs, with visionaries pointing the way.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Are you guys for real ?
You support the suppression of free speech ?
Are you guys americans ?
This is tyranny pure and simple.
People should be taking up arms to free this man.
(Unless he actually threatened someone or incited violence)
Looks like Chavez is also jailing his political opponents.
I'm hoping the 2 previous posts were a bad attempt at sarcasm.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Noromyxo

There's no Constitution in Venezuela. No guarantee of free speech. That's an American concept. Quit expecting other countries to operate by our standards.

The guy knew he was playing with fire when he started the channel so I agree with the first two posters. I hope he gets what he deserves for being so stupid in the first place.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
This is some scary stuff.

Guillermo Zuloaga, owner of Globovision, was arrested on a warrant for remarks that were deemed "offensive" to the president

This is the type of crap we can NEVER let happen in the United States!!! It shouldn't be happening anywhere but I'll be damned if we let our government trample our constitutional rights.

[edit on 25-3-2010 by Diplomat]

new topics

top topics

join