It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some questions of evolution that hopefully some of you can clear up.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
This is not a hate speech towards evolution, I believe in it, I just am confused of a few things that I need cleared up. Why do we still have apes if we evolved from them? Why does a giraffe have a huge neck to grab food when animals that lived in the same area that don’t have big necks get food fine? Certain questions like that i hope people can answer. Thank you.

[edit on 25-3-2010 by Maddogkull]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
We didn't evolve from apes, anymore than we evolved from the Neanderthals or Eructus. They are a different branch of the same evolutionary tree. Current theory is that we have a common ancestor dating back around 6 million years ago.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
What about what I said about giraffes. What about or that?

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
We didn't evolve from apes, both humans and modern apes evolved from an earlier ancestor that was neither human, nor modern ape. From that ancestor it diverged out into a multitude of species.

Take a look at your local library for an introduction to evolution, I recommend it.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Again what about the whole giraffe thing. Why are there necks long, when animals around them dont have long necks. And they got food just fine.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Wow. Interesting. I look forward to replies.

May I toss in: "Why do men have nipples?"

[edit on 25-3-2010 by kinda kurious]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
what about them? they evolved having long necks because nothing else around them would.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

Like what is the point to post this? To show your ignorance? I just didn’t know a lot about the theory of evolution. If you think you are so smart please explain the question I asked about giraffes.

link   
Giraffes evolved the long neck, other animals evolved speed to get food. In evolution there is no "right" answer, if it works, it is used.

link   

Originally posted by Maddogkull
Again what about the whole giraffe thing. Why are there necks long, when animals around them dont have long necks. And they got food just fine.

Specialization. Some animals adapt to eat the food at the top, some at the middle, and some at the bottom.

Where's the mystery?

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
We didn't evolve from gorillas, chimps, or monkeys, we evolved from an earlier hominid ancestor, which is no longer around because we are them.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
man

we are a mutation, that looks like an evolution, since we are better

nothing more ... and this mutation didnt affect the other apes since they "Type" could still survive with our presence

its not like some animal that needed to be taller to reach something food or whatever, so the animals that werent that tall died since they couldnt get food or something ...

and yeah, I dont think we evolve from apes too, I dont know a lot about the evolution process, but I think they havent found yet the first or whatever, they still dont know which animal came before us ... but it looks like this same animal mutated into apes

[edit on 25-3-2010 by Faiol]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Like i said why though. Why would they get a long neck, when they coul just get food from the ground. It just dosen't seem logical.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
If there was no alien involvement in our evolution then I would think that there was a mutation on an ape and that ape kept passing along the mutated evolution genes. Some people have mutated genes that make them grow not like other humans and the become "giants". Maybe this gene was a hyper active evolution gene and that is why we keep evolving. We keep braking records and becoming smarter, we are evolving right now. I believe that we have organs inside us, that we no longer use. If the monkeys have this same organ and they are still using it, then my theory is correct, maybe.
I rather believe that aliens came and mingled their DNA with some of the monkeys here and that's how we evolved from the monkeys.
About all of the other animals,well, I have to think of their story.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Like i said why though. Why would they get a long neck, when they coul just get food from the ground. It just dosen't seem logical.

And why did we become intelligent when we could have been foraging for berries and hunting animals?
Your question is ridiculous, animals varying is one of the points of evidence FOR evolution, and really, giraffe evolution is very well documented.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Maddogkull

Sorry, I am not mocking. I am serious. I starred and flagged.
It began me thinking about such things.

I was thinking it is part of the equation, like how our toes are getting smaller etc. Plus dogs came from wolves, but wolves still exist. It is a good thread.

I apologize you misconstued my sincerity. I honestly didnt intend to be flippant.

[edit on 25-3-2010 by kinda kurious]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Wow its like you think im going against the theroy. I am for it, i just didn't understand all of it. If your going to show no respect to this thread or me just get out and find something else to do.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Wow its like you think im going against the theroy. I am for it, i just didn't understand all of it. If your going to show no respect to this thread or me just get out and find something else to do.

I'm not saying you're against the theory, I'm saying giraffe evolution is very well documented, calm down.
Here's a nice article about it www.natureinstitute.org...

[edit on 25-3-2010 by hippomchippo]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by hippomchippo

And I am saying if you call a question ridiculous then don’t even bother commenting on it.

thanks for the article

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   

reply to post by hippomchippo

And I am saying if you call a question ridiculous then don’t even bother commenting on it.

Why? that would be ignorant.
Your question would be ridiculous because the wide variety of animals we have is a point for evolution.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join