It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lebanese Army Goes on Alert after Israeli Military Crosses Barbed Wire

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Lebanese Army Goes on Alert after Israeli Military Crosses Barbed Wire

www.sawtbeirut.com< br />

An Israeli military patrol on Thursday crossed the barbed wire and took position on a hill that overlooks the Wazzani area, putting on alert the Lebanese army and U.N. peacekeepers on the Lebanese side of the border.

The National News Agency said that a 17-member Israeli team crossed the barbed wire from the occupied Ghajar village at 7:00 am and took position in the same area where 2 Israeli tanks stationed at al-Maysat hill several days ago without crossing into Lebanese territories.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums: Copy The Exact Headline

[edit on 3/25/2010 by semperfortis]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I wonder if this was to just test the grounds for a future cross over, or was there a reason for their deployment there?

Obviousy Israeli borders are disputable, but I'm sure they knew where they were going and precisely why...

I thought I'd just post this in here now, for it may be more of an eventful story later on this week...

[edit on 25-3-2010 by CanadianDream420]

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums: Copy The Exact Headline

[edit on 3/25/2010 by semperfortis]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Nothing about this on Israeli media...
BS alert?

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by freebourn
BS alert?

Yes because Israel reports on all their military advancements and strategies...

[edit on 25-3-2010 by CanadianDream420]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Something as simple as this seems like a distraction to me. Show these guys on a hill and have all the Lebanese forces watch them while a couple Mossad agents slip in somewhere else.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

Right....... so the lebanese media does?
Doesnt matter which side is the aggresive one.
Kinda stupid that one side reports it and the other doesnt, dont you think?

I seriously doubt there's an invasion going on without anyone being aware of it.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I call no BS:

www.maannews.net...

and

news.xinhuanet.com...

more israeli provocation. its not like hezbollah is afraid to attack if they feel threatend. more fuel to the fire..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
So could this be the start of something?
I'm not making any sense of why they'd make moves, unless it was to make moves.

Wait and see I guess.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
www.theyeshivaworld.com...

The Office of the IDF Spokesman on Thursday morning released a statement denying accusations from Lebanon that soldiers crossed the border into southern Lebanon.

According to reports, 17 IDF soldiers crossed the border of the village Ghajar, but the IDF spokesman points out they did not cross the border into Lebanon, but they took up position on a hill inside Israel.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCoffinman
www.theyeshivaworld.com...

The Office of the IDF Spokesman on Thursday morning released a statement denying accusations from Lebanon that soldiers crossed the border into southern Lebanon.

According to reports, 17 IDF soldiers crossed the border of the village Ghajar, but the IDF spokesman points out they did not cross the border into Lebanon, but they took up position on a hill inside Israel.

Thread title: Lebanese Army Goes on Alert after Israeli Military Crosses into Lebanon..

Hence my point.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by freebourn

what point is that?

also:
from google:

Israeli Military Crosses Barbed Wire, Another Patrol Installs Spying Device ...
Naharnet - ‎14 hours ago‎
An Israeli military patrol on Thursday crossed the barbed wire and took position on a hill that overlooks the Wazzani area, putting on alert the Lebanese ...

problem is... cant open that page. can anyone else?
news.google.com...

i wanna know about this spying device part of that headline..

[edit on 25-3-2010 by TheCoffinman]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

That they did not cross the border...?
And that this is propoganda...?

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Regardless of the meaningless line on a map, or who is reporting what, the point here is that the Israeli's occupied a hill in a disputed territory, and moved tanks and spying equipment in for support, and the Lebanese army is on alert as a result!

This is indeed, important, breaking, news! We have the settlements, the lockdown of Gaza, and now this. The wheels are turning over there, and it is nice to be made aware of it!

I hope all the stupid he said/she said crap that normally accompanies these threads does not interfere with the actual news for neutral people like me that actually want the "unflavored" news!

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I wonder if it ever occurred to the Lebanese if they would kick the Hezbollah out of Lebanon and stop allowing Iran and Syria to use them as a puppet state that the Israelis would stop attacking them?

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
i love how people make something out of nothing even if this did happen were talking about less than 20 soldiers who in most likely crossed to check out a suspected rocket position or something along those lines , not unheard of ,no aggression intended . not saying Israel is not being provocative at some times but this is so a non story

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by freebourn
BS alert?

ah? this is Israel we are talking about
the country is kind enough to give air shows to the people of lebonon
regulaly, its kind enough to go super sonic over dense crowds.

i wouldnt put it past the israelis to launch a small scale assult if someone on the boarder lets gass lose, calling it a biological attack

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Sounds like a non-issue to me. Where is the follow-up news on the escalation/repercussions of this event? Oh-i got it, there isnt any. BFG.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Israelis quit Gaza after worst clash in over a year

GAZA (Reuters) - Israeli troops and tanks left the Gaza Strip on Saturday, witnesses said, after the bloodiest clash in the Hamas-ruled enclave in 14 months killed two soldiers and a Palestinian.

ca.news.yahoo.com...

new topics

top topics

join