It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This thread is for foreign posters to post news about the U.S. that we don't ever see

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I am interested to see what other places and people think is going on in the U.S. in an attempt to figure out what is going on.

Other countries have actual alternative news just like here. However it is nearly impossible to find them for your standard yank, as most of these sources are in foreign languages. Filtering disinfo is hard enough in English.

We have a lot of brilliant minds here at ATS, and many of them are outside the U.S.

Here in the U.S. land of the free, well we are subjugated by a facade of freedom while everything is totally controlled, like East Germany. In fact we hired the head of the Stazi a while back because their control system was so good. Anyway, we would like you all to post sources of info that you use in your own language, and if possible a summary of what it says.

We seem to be in some sort of twisted surreal twilightzone, and it is very hard to understand what is really going on.

There is an extreme effort by the powers that be to confuse us, and completely distort facts, and fabricate things to fit their political agenda of the moment. Not to say that TPTB don't operate in your country as well, you most likely know what is real and what is disinformation.

Thank you all in advance, I am looking forward for new sources of truth.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I am thinking this should be mostly about really heavy issues.

-WWIII type of chatter.

-Middle East chatter.

-The possibilities of a civil war in the U.S. and chatter about what other nations will do in that type of situation.

Also, aside from news stories, I am looking for your input. What do you think is going on here? When you talk about the U.S. with your friends, what do you all talk about? I really want your honest opinions here.

I already know how insanely corrupt and evil my Government is, so I won't be insulted no matter what you say.

[edit on 25-3-2010 by downtown436]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by downtown436

This is an excellent idea. Hope to see many contributions to this thread. The US MSM is such a propagada machine, I think we all need to look elsewhere for the "real story". Star and flag.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   

All we are getting at the moment in the PTB ran media is a lot of gushing about obamacare... They really suck up to him in the UK media however that does not fool anyone... They left out an awful lot of stuff, particularly about the fact that the majority of Americans are against it...

But now we are hearing of Democrats getting death threats and some bombs being diffused which may or may not be connected to the health bill..

The feeling that I am getting off the net is that there is a LOT of very rightly pissed Americans at the moment and that this could be a tipping point for you guys... Will look for news and post it when I can..

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Walton and Johnson were talking about this very idea this morning on my way too work. They said too look to foreign countries to get the news our MSM won't cover. I hope this thread gets lots of attention and responses. I'll be following it very closely!

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

Thank you!

I wonder if there is an Alex Jones (not saying he isn't disinfo) in Guatemala?

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Yissachar1

Ahh, thank you very much!

That is what is up with MSM here, there is open talk of a civil war/revolution trying to blame the attacks of democrats on tea party activists.

Crazy stuff going on here.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Wondering302

What is Walton and Johnson?

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   

I don't know, but they sure do have some good coffee

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Oops, I'm sorry. I should have mentioned, they are morning DJ's broadcasting to much of the south (I beleive). I know Louisiana, Mississippi, and Texas.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Wondering302

Nice, sounds like there are probably more people going this route than just me.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Great Idea OP.... As a completely pissed off American, I would love to hear some real truths... I gave up on the news stations. I do watch BBC at times...

Thank you everyone who can help us from other countries. Contrary to our Government Ideas and Actions, I think I speak for alot of Americans we wish all Governments could just work together for the good of everyone on the planet.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
ok ill try my best too keep you guys up to date with what certain news paers-agencys are saying over here ,,im english but reside in scandinavia..
www.guardian.co.uk... paste that and have a read ill look around for some more.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
www.telegraph.co.uk...

you guys would maybe find this one interesting ..

www.timesonline.co.uk...

ill post more links as i come across them ..

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by rocknrollkid

Excellent.

We are heading in the right direction with this thread.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
This is a great idea for a thread. I have a silly question though. For any outside of the U.S. what are some good, credible sources for news? It's hard to weed out what is considered legitimate and what is a tabloid sometimes. Any help would be appreciated.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Hi downtown, great thread!
You asked what do non USATSers think about the US and US people.

I am born in the Netherlands. I have a company and have several US people working for me. Just to give you an idea.

I think overall that the US folks I hired for severall years now are very hard workers. Some became really good friends of me, sometimes we hang out and drink a bear or two. Whenever I start about 911 inside job or NWO etc most of them have no clue. No idea about what we are discussing here on ATS. Now I dont blame them but I wish more people in the US would start looking at non mainstream media more.
I think here in the Netherlands we blaim the US government for their stupid actions and discusting politics but nobody dislike the American people in general.

Altough I was not born then I will never forget the fact that your people helped us to free my country from the nazi occupation in 45. I will teach my children that US soldiers died for their freedom just like my grandfather teached me.

I tought of George Bush as a tough guy and stood totally behind going to Irak. He fooled me. I am not ashamed to say, He fooled me bigtime.
After seeing Zeitgeist my eyes where opened. Then I discovered ATS.

The problem is that the USA is huge. Its hard to organize and protest.
But its going to happen soon I think.
Protest peacefully but for godsake protest against your government.
Let them hear that the USA belongs to the people. You guys look brainwashed sometimes. A government should be for the people not against it.

Anyway all the best USATS-ers,
greetings from Holland

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Excellent idea OP.

Reading through a couple of the links, I found it odd I have not heard anything about the roh between Britain and Israel. Of course I have been working on something else instead of keeping an eye on the news.

Hey, I am asking the commenters, if you can, while posting the links, give us any idea about what stories to look for.

Hell, I just used this quote on another thread, it might even be still in my browser cache.

Stephen King

“Only enemies speak the truth; friends and lovers lie endlessly, caught in the web of duty.”

Listen to the enemy sources. Of course you have to pick through their disinfo also.

Again, good idea.

Mods, I would say sticky and applause is in order.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   
As an Iranian, I hope you don't assume me as your enemy; but one suggestion of me to you Americans is try to learn another language, non-Westerner one preferably. I suggest Persian/Farsi language.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   
If you learn another language, you can access to different points without needing automatic translators. To know different opinions, one can search the serious terms/phrases in Google or other search engines to find independent bloggers, writers, ... then read a couple of their notes, it suitable, one can follow that site frequently. The art of searching (in English or other languages) is too important.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join