It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News: I just Heard an Explosion- News story confirms explosives, evacuation

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Friend, I would ignore the posters ragging about this; you did exactly what most others would do, start a thread, post facts and updates as they become available, and did a good job of it.

good work.

seeker

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   

I actually worded that wrong my fault. I was actually trying to hint on if this never got "solved" how people would start speculating. I was writing two posts at once and must have mixed up some words. My bad, glad everything is ok on your end.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by the seeker_713g

Thanks.

I tried.

But it's ok now, all is cool.

Nothing more to see here folks, hurry along now...

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
A conspiracy would be:

Local law enforcement wanted to plant bugs and cameras in a trailer park suspected of heavy narcotics trafficing and prostitution. To gain unhindered access to the mobile homes, an evacutation emergency was created to remove all residents for a short while. The vice department wants to throw a special thanks out to their #1 CI who is also the property manager.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
reply to post by the seeker_713g

Thanks.

I tried.

But it's ok now, all is cool.

Nothing more to see here folks, hurry along now...

Thanks for being alert in your part of the U.S. That's what all of us should be doing at all times....Eyes and ears open and sharing news.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Interesting. Makes you wonder about just what might be moldering away in some forgotten corner.

Ironically, I was thinking earlier of an "incident" that happened here a couple of years ago. Where I live is on the edge of a large 'S curved' river. ~ 1 mile east there is a large dam.

So a couple years ago, one day, all of a sudden - the entire area stunk of very powerful gas (eg. the additive put in gas to make it smell.) The whole outdoors *reeked* of this. As if you were standing in a room with a bad gas leak - OK - it smelled this strong and powerful outdoors.

People were standing around outside talking, calling the cops (who stalled or didn't know anything) (neither did the gas company.) - and then finally people started leaving. I stayed.

The one time a cop did tell me anything - he said it was a 'gas cloud' from a suburb 17 miles from here.

Yeah. Right. Not possible. And even worse was - the rookie cop manning the phones seemed to actually believe this BS story.

Anyway, just a few months ago I got the lowdown on what really happened. Some huge gas tank / cylinder fell into the river and burst went it went over the dam.

Since then, I tend to question "official explanations". If something doesn't make sense I keep asking questions

Interesting story, OP. This should remind us all to have an 'evacuation plan' at the least - should such incidents occur.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reign02
reply to post by dragonsmusic

Rednecks are crazy man. Super brave and super foolish

I know brother. I'm part redneck

I just don't think it fits that he could have been walking around carrying it, when they had to go and detonate it.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
Update:

ASHEVILLE — The Police Department detonated a suspicious parcel of explosives this afternoon, not long after its discovery near Rock Hill Place.

Police Department spokeswoman Melissa Williams issued this news release:

Police responded at about 3 p.m. to 28 Rock Hill Place in reference to a suspicious package. The owner of Johnson Siler Mobile Home Park was cleaning out a trailer that had been abandoned for at least two years when he found a crate that contained what appeared to be four vials of nitroglycerine.

The owner moved the crate up the street, away from the majority of the other trailers, and called police.

Due to the deteriorated condition of the materials, the Hazardous Device Team determined they were too unstable to move further.

Officers dug a small pit in a corner lot and safely detonated the materials.

Residents have been allowed to return to their homes.

The investigation regarding the origin of the materials is ongoing.

Link

Man, that guy is lucky he didn't get blown across town...

But this is why it's good not to speculate too much...

ETA: Ok, I see above we cross posted each other, good work folks... Was just some guy cleaning out an abandoned trailer...

/thread

[edit on Thu Mar 25th 2010 by TrueAmerican]

That must have been a slow, careful walk. Obviously he didn't have Parkinsons.

Probably was in commercial packaging with a label, otherwise it's like 'what's this yellowish oily stuff [shake-shake-BOOM]'. Since it was stable sitting there for two years, must have been commercial product. Not a teenager saying 'let's nitrate some cellulose'.

[edit on 25-3-2010 by Dbriefed]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Nice work Hoss!

This is the kind of thing ATS is made for!

sandf!

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Ok, one last post:

There is now a video of the explosion here:

www.wlos.com...

I am amazed I heard that from as far away as I am. Doesn't seem all that big. But from here, it sounded way different than that. I heard more of the concussion sound, i.e., the low frequency part of it.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
but who made the explosives

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
This must have been the huge false flag terror attack that Alex Jones was predicting.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
LOL that explosion was weak.
evacuated a 1/2 mile for that?
I understand protocol, but HAH!

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
holy, hope all is well.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
You'll probably see lots of these false flags going forward. Let's face it, there is a 99% chance this is a false flag by the government to drum up the people to demand their loving government to protect them. Did you see the CONgress screaming that "bricks" were being thrown through windows! haha. I guarantee you that is all staged also as you know these nwo scum have very good security where they live. How easy to get some CIA goons to go throw a brick with a note through a Democrats window.

Obama will try to take our guns within 6 months. You can take that to the bank! He's going to sign a BS UN treaty and say he had no choice. Then he is going to bring in foreign troops to go collect the guns. Be ready for this. All patriots must form a group that will prevent any gun confiscation no matter what this illegal alien says. Even if he wasn't an illegal alien, he still can't take away the rights our forefathers died for. That cannot stand and we need to get ahead of this issue right now! All those willing to help, contact me. peace

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 01:56 AM
link   
I wonder if it wasn't ''stump blastin' stuff''- Basically, someone with a small side business who removed stumps the old fashioned way.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 06:15 AM
link   

I don't like seeing things like this happen in my state. too close to home. And then to find out some guy just had some nitro laying around. I just glad he never said, "Hey ya'll, watch this!"

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
sounds very suspect as nitroglycerin is not that hard to make but it can become VERY unstable i doubt they even moved it? probably detonated it where it was.

sounds like some one was about to do something really stupid.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 04:41 AM
link   
I cannot believe out of all of you highly suspicious people no one asked this question.

How do we know it was nitroglycerin?

What I am saying is that when suspicious things are found, they blow them up.

Did they take a sample?

Was nitro written on the side?

I find it highly suspicious in none of the reports, they stated how they knew it was nitro.

Just something to think about.

Just glad is was not Tri Nitro Toluene.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join