It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News: I just Heard an Explosion- News story confirms explosives, evacuation

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Without mentioning any specific names, any high profile individuals within your area?

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by infinite

Well, I know there is a pricey subdivision in that area, I think it's called Rock Hill Estates...hmm

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
more curious where it was going verses where it came from...
Will not jump to any conclusions, but I think some of us are getting a gut feeling over it. If so, I am wondering how it will unfold.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Any new homes built recently?

Could be the work of the Earth Liberation Front (ELF)

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

ok, friend, share with us what you think it might be; finding a quantity of nitro in a residential neighborhood can have many different ramifications, and could be because of many different scenarios; at one time or another I am sure it was deliberately garnered for a reason; nitro is inherently unstable and it takes very little vibration to set it off.

Hopefully everyone in the area and all called to deal with it are unharmed.

seeker

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by freetree64

I'll speculate. Heath Shuler (D) shuler.house.gov...

But it's probably something else.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by the seeker_713g

Well i sincerely hope it's nothing and there is a plausible explanation as to what this incident is soon but like i said i really do not know what it could be but i'm just hoping for the best.

Also as far as i know no one is harmed as it was a controlled explosion which is obviously great news.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Let's hope this isn't related to HCR but it seems highly coincidental and a rise from throwing bricks in N.F and Rochester in my necks of the woods to cutting propane line in VA. IF this indeed is related to the HCR and tyler durden was indeed not in town
this could get ugly... Glad everyone is safe...

[edit on 25-3-2010 by iamjesusphish]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Only one question pops into my head as I read this thread....

From what I understand a "concerned citizen" phones police because of a suspicious package that contains nitroglycerin. Do I have that right?

So my question is this...

#1. How many average people, just walking down the street, could identify a package of Nitroglycerin if they saw it?

#2. Who has x ray vision to see into the package to begin with?

ok...so two questions lol

[edit on 25-3-2010 by MrWendal]

[edit on 25-3-2010 by MrWendal]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

Yeah, exactly... I dunno, maybe they had experience with it?

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

I think they just called the police about a suspicious package at first and it was then later confirmed by the police that it was nitroglycerin.

[edit on 25-3-2010 by Rising Against]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I just saw a story on the news talking about pipe bombs inside those public USPS mailboxes all over an area. I wonder if that is related?

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
www.citizen-times.com...

The Police Department detonated a suspicious parcel of explosives this afternoon, not long after its discovery near Rock Hill Place.

Police Department spokeswoman Melissa Williams issued this news release:

Police responded at about 3 p.m. to 28 Rock Hill Place in reference to a suspicious package. The owner of Johnson Siler Mobile Home Park was cleaning out a trailer that had been abandoned for at least two years when he found a crate that contained what appeared to be four vials of nitroglycerine.

The owner moved the crate up the street, away from the majority of the other trailers, and called police.

Due to the deteriorated condition of the materials, the Hazardous Device Team determined they were too unstable to move further.

Officers dug a small pit in a corner lot and safely detonated the materials.

Residents have been allowed to return to their homes.

The investigation regarding the origin of the materials is ongoing.

www.citizen-times.com...

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Update:

ASHEVILLE — The Police Department detonated a suspicious parcel of explosives this afternoon, not long after its discovery near Rock Hill Place.

Police responded at about 3 p.m. to 28 Rock Hill Place in reference to a suspicious package. The owner of Johnson Siler Mobile Home Park was cleaning out a trailer that had been abandoned for at least two years when he found a crate that contained what appeared to be four vials of nitroglycerine.

The owner moved the crate up the street, away from the majority of the other trailers, and called police.

Due to the deteriorated condition of the materials, the Hazardous Device Team determined they were too unstable to move further.

Link

Man, that guy is lucky he didn't get blown across town...

But this is why it's good not to speculate too much...

ETA: Ok, I see above we cross posted each other, good work folks... Was just some guy cleaning out an abandoned trailer...

/thread

[edit on Thu Mar 25th 2010 by TrueAmerican]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Are there any oil wells in your area?

They used to use it to frac the pipe.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
all that Paranoia for nothing. I would have loved if nobody found anything on the net or on the NEWS to see what kind of crazy things people on here started posting. I can see it now, "it was the aliens" "it was a secret spy plane" "it was Israel" "it was our government" "it was a time traveler"

It was probably a hillbilly making bombs but good job to ATS members on quickly finding a solution to the mystery.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCoffinman
www.citizen-times.com...

The Police Department detonated a suspicious parcel of explosives this afternoon, not long after its discovery near Rock Hill Place.

www.citizen-times.com...

Thank you coffinman, for those details.
Op, I'm glad you and everybody else is alright.
What I can't believe is one of my fellow southerners actually walked around with this crate full of four vials of nitroglycerin without killing himself.
Doesn't it sound a bit fishy?
It was too dangerous to carry away from the site so they had to detonate it, but it wasn't too dangerous for the redneck in the trailer park to walk around with it himself?

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
... The package reportedly contains vials of nitroglycerin ...

LOL, that sounds like government scare speak, which probably translates to "the package reportedly contains vials of some old mans heart pills".
Quick, get gangland security on the phone!!! CODE RED!!! RELEASE THE ARMY!!! Better safe than sorry.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonsmusic

Rednecks are crazy man. Super brave and super foolish

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reign02
all that Paranoia for nothing.

What paranoia? I was just reporting what I heard, and then found the story. And I even predicted in the OP what actually happened:

"Maybe they detonated it?"

Would you have rather I didn't report it?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join