It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where are the majority..who hate healthcare?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I have read time and time again about how the majority of americans hate the healthcare plan. I have yet to see any proof only people who hate it saying it is so. So tell me where are they...how come there hasn't been a million or more protestors outside of congress when this was being voted on? So where are the majority of americans...So far all I have heard from are the right wingers who assume they can speak for the entire nation. Polls are useless, I have always said that they don't show the actual numbers just a few voices.

SO SHOW ME AND OTHERS ACTUAL PROOF. Realize too that just because you hate it...does not mean the majority of americans are with you..you do not speak for everyone and if you have no proof...stop saying the majority and simply state YOU and you alone do not like it. If it is shown that the majority does not exist...then are you still willing to try start a revolution even though you are doing it for yourselves and actually don't care about your fellow americans voices.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by kerazeesicko

As a military retiree wife, I can testify that most of the Vets are very much against the Obama care and what it means to run government insurance that military retirees, active members and families enjoy.

Veterans groups irate at Obama's private insurance proposal

www.cnn.com...

Because the Obama bill will affect my husband and me directly as holders of government run Insurance humana I can tell how angry I am, my husband is and mostly those retirees that are under the present government insurance.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

As a military retiree wife, I can testify that most of the Vets are very much against the Obama care

You say most...in your area or the entire country? You do know that the few you may know do not represent the entire vet community.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

As a military retiree wife, I can testify that most of the Vets are very much against the Obama care and what it means to run government insurance that military retirees, active members and families enjoy.

Wait...when did the public option sneak back in?

sounds like these retirees are mislead...the public option was taken out long ago...even though it enjoyed a vast majority support.

Dont worry, their social health care wont be intruded upon.

incidently, lots of people already on socialized health care dont see the point in having others in.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Well Amish and Muslims will not hate healthcare.

Seems like provision was made to make within the bill to them exempt them.

Muslims Exempt from obamacare

Apparently, this exemption will apply similarly to believers in Islam, which considers health insurance - and, for that matter, any form of risk insurance - to be haraam (forbidden).

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Could not have said it better myself. It was like the women who told Obama to 'leave her medicare alone' when arguing against government run healthcare. It is very interesting to say the least.

Government run healthcare? The public option was taken out because it didnt gain enough support and in place they added mandatory healthcare insurance. It may have just worked out if a strong public option was added back in.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   

I think you'll see your proof in November.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkrunner

I think you'll see your proof in November.

Meanwhile ...

They could just read the poll after poll that shows Americans want healthcare reform, but are not stupid enough to believe obamacare is it.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian
It was like the women who told Obama to 'leave her medicare alone' when arguing against government run healthcare.

You do realize that that woman was likely worried about the cuts being made to medicare in order to help finance this, right?

Source
Other rejected amendments would have rolled back cuts in Medicare that Democrats use for expanded health coverage, and would have required the president and other administration officials to buy health policies from new insurance purchasing exchanges the law will establish.

Seems to me that if someone is on medicare they have every right to be concerned about benefits being cut. Maybe that's just me though.

edit: whew that was one messed up sentence.. Fixed it.

[edit on 25-3-2010 by Jenna]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Not to discount your view, but I personally have found a different view among veterans. I'm a veteran, and most of the fellow vets I know are not concerned at all about the actual effects of the reform. In truth, many are outraged at the manner in which the bill was passed or simply mad because they are on the other side politically, but none that I know are that worried about how it will effect them.

See, we all have VA coverage, and will not be forced to buy any new plans. Further, those of my friends that get full retirement bennies are on tri-care (which is already government run insurance). Neither they nor I will be effected; except to say that those of us who already have private insurance through our current employers, or wish to buy private insurance in the future, will have even more choices of plans than we already do.

Also, the article you liked to is from over a year ago and the proposed plan to have service members with private insurance pay for procedures with that private insurance instead of government insurance (which is what your article is all about by the way) was not even included in the final bill.

As I've stated before elsewhere, the problems we're seeing arise when a rabid minority looks around at all of their friends and neighbors and says "we're all pissed, so that means....the whole country must be pissed." Well, that's simply not the case, you see, there is another whole HALF of the country that is not upset, and feels that the Federal Government has acted in their best interest, by voting for the reforms.

What many people on these forums fail to realize is that the democratic members of congress who voted for the reform were voted into office by a MAJORITY of their constituents. Meaning they are from congressional districts that, at least in the last election, voted predominately Democratic. Thus, it was their duty to their constituents to vote for health care reform, as it has been a democratic hot button issue for decades, and most of them surely campaigned on such an issue . They simply fail to realize that they and those who think like them, while certainly numerous, do not represent ALL Americans?

I know, I know, there are polls from last week that show that nearly 2/3rds of the Nation was against "Obamacare." But there are also polls which would show otherwise. Besides, polls can easily be manipulated. For example, if I were to ask 100 random people from my small town in Oklahoma if they approved of "Obamacare," I bet nearly 70 would say "Hell NO."

Yet, if I asked that same random group of folks if they thought there should be caps on premiums for individuals who pay out of pocket for their own insurance; if there should be rules against exclusions for pre-existing conditions; and if they think we should close the gap in medicare prescription aid for those over 65, I would guess nearly 70 percent would be for those things. It's all in the questions that are asked.

By the way, the scariest poll of all is this one news.harrisinteractive.com... These numbers are downright disturbing.

When nearly 1 in 4 Republicans is willing to tell a pollster that "yeah, I think Obama might be the Anti-Christ" we're in a helluva mess.

I just hope both sides cool it before they whip their fringe elements into such a frenzy that we end up with rioting.

Strange times indeed.

-Peace
AAH

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
It's not that the majority of the people hate healthcare, I think they hate ObamaCare.
It's largely due to the strings that were pulled and the palms that were greased to get it "passed" that people are so upset.

A picture is worth a thousand words

(Image removed)

Mod edit: Images with "the bird" are not permitted. Please see T&C 1a. -- Majic

[edit on 3/25/2010 by Majic]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jenna

It was like the women who told Obama to 'leave her medicare alone' when arguing against government run healthcare.

You do realize that that woman was likely worried about the cuts being made to medicare in order to help finance this, right?

Oh I agree that she may have had concerns about cuts to medicare, but it doesnt help her to rally and argue with the same individuals who oppose government run healthcare. It contradicts her concerns.

Maybe she was misinformed but its an example of the ignorance going on out there regarding the healthcare debate.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

What is it with individuals like you needing to most negative pictures of Barack Obama? I mean we know you oppose his policies but isnt all this picture posting rather immature? If you disagree with the man by all mean argue policies. Making personal and visual insults does not get your points across, especially to those who will listen to reasonable arguments against.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

Siding with those who opposed it doesn't hurt her case either. It's because of this bill that her health care is being cut. She had every reason to oppose 2000+ pages of legislation that resulted in her coverage being lowered and no reason to support it. People like to poke fun at her and others on medicaid/medicare for opposing the bill, but they are directly affected by the cuts and have more reason than anyone to oppose it.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
It's not that the majority of the people hate healthcare, I think they hate ObamaCare.

Exactly my words in a post above, but clearly these obama defenders have no use for the truth.

And THAT picture was worth a thousand words ...

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
It's largely due to the strings that were pulled and the palms that were greased to get it "passed" that people are so upset.

Enough of this nonsense!
Born yesterday.
Cite for me ONE MOMENT in recorded history where it's been any different. There has not been one second in the US Congress without wheeling and dealing since day one. Even yer boy Ron Paul!
Not ONE government has operated differently, no matter if it's the stone age, Greece, Rome, China or the Moon.
That's the way business works my friend! Get real!

[edit on 25-3-2010 by OldDragger]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

People poke fun at people like her because they continue to back a movement that is supposedly against any government involvement in healthcare. She told the government to 'keep their goddamn hands off my medicare' which does not make sense because government is heavily involved in medicare regardless:
www.huffingtonpost.com...

None of us are even sure whether she was refering to medicare cuts, or whether she was refering to government involvement at all. She was clearly aiming towards the government.

As I said, if she had real concerns about medicare being cut that would have been real argument, especially if she would have made it clear. However she argued against 'government involvement' in her healthcare, and she added flame to individuals who oppose any government involvement. It doesnt make sense on her case.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   

If you disagree with the man by all mean argue policies. Making personal and visual insults does not get your points across, especially to those who will listen to reasonable arguments against.

In fact, it proves that it's OBAMA the man, that they are against, and not any particular thing about the health care reform law. If republicans had sponsored this bill, the same people who are dragging Obama through the gutter would be singing its praises, still knowing nothing about it.

To answer the question in the OP, they are here. On ATS.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

But who was this woman you're making a big deal out of because she seems not to know that medicare IS government health care?

Does she have degrees from Columbia and Harvard - but still not know the the difference between "corpsman" and "corpse-man"?

BTW, both of the above terms are somewhat medical in nature, so apropos to this discussion.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Well obviously you have not clue of how humana health care for retirees, military active duty and families is all about.

Is not free we have cost, deductibles and out of pocket expenses.

Humana is subsidized by the government so the cost is more affordable for us.

After all congress promised that anybody that serve or have served in the military and retiree from should have free health care.

So far the Free was never enforced just like many other failed promises.

[edit on 25-3-2010 by marg6043]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join