It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I noticed something strange about soldiers coming back from Iraq

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
They might have just came out when the sun goes down... Gotta think around the box

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Maybe its something with the Depleted Uranium...

I worry about all my buds there. I have too many over there and too many never coming back.
I think we are going to see alot of major health issues with these soldiers for many years to come.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
HAHAH! Are you for real? well its not exactly like we wear shorts and a tank top when we're over their. We wear long sleave shirts, both here and there. Also, not everyone is fighting in the hot zone. There are many people who work in hospitals or just simply do not spend the entire day in the sun. I am in the military and though I have not been deployed i can tell you these people are going to a REAL WAR! The nightmares they have of the things that they have witnessed is not fake. Plus, when soldiers, airman and whomever come back to the US. IT's not like getting on a delta flight where you have a direct lfight or even one with a few stops. It takes days maybe weeks to travel from the Sandbox to back home. So before you come up with these ridiculous ideas, how about you ask your friends you have that are in the military if the have really been in a war.....wonder how long they would still be your friends?

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Please do not let my first thread be as silly as this. thank you

And apologies for my 20 useless comments to get to that point...

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
You have to remember that soldiers wear helmets, glasses, cargo pants, long sleeve shirts, body armor, shoulder pads, etc. This makes it hard to burn I would think. Plus, soldiers are probably in a guard house or in a Humvee must of the time I would think. My dad came back from Iraq completely, not tan, burned. BURNED as in peeling skin. Maybe your friends have desk jobs and are inside most of the time.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
If they have experianced death threathening situations it isn't only the tan that can be noticed different.

third line

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Army Combat Uniforms can cover the body quite well. When you are dealing with 130+ Heat, you want to be covered. I live in AZ and can burn in about 15 minutes when it is only 110+. You can see some examples of the ACU worn by troops at: www.predatorbdu.com...

On top of a long sleeve coat and pants, they also have Boonie hats that cover their head and shade the rest of them. Obviously Arabs have a natural skin pigment but even they stick to wearing a lot of covering to avoid burning.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I dont know if you noticed or not but they dont wear Thongs in Iraq and Afganistan, it doesnt protect as much as you might think.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join