It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If a great flood comes, where do you go?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Damn Florida and its flatness! If a comet/asteroid/earthquake ever hit in the gulf, I would be doomed 2012 style.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by CalibratedZeus

On the flipside, if there are any number of Deep Underground Bases set up for a 2012/EOTW scenario, wouldn't they be destroyed by earthquakes. Their bases would become tombs. I can't seem to resolve this very apparent flaw with my theory. Any thoughts?

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
If it REALLY goes down, any chance is better then no chance.

Most of the bases are in pretty solid rock, like NORAD built into the Rockies, and are in pretty safe earthquake zones. The chances of a big quake by them is pretty much zero, and any aftershock from a huge quake in say California, would I assume be handled by some nice reinforcement of the walls in these bases.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Smell The Roses

I agree that the Appalachians are a good location. Mt. Weather is located in the Blue Ridge Mountains.

en.wikipedia.org...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4821a21efd0e.jpg[/atsimg]

edit: added Google map of Mt. Weather

[edit on 3/25/2010 by this_is_who_we_are]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by CalibratedZeus
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

I always love to bring Fiction into stuff like this as, especially science fiction, has predicted a lot of events after publication. They may not have intended to or only been close, but think of Deep Impact and the incredibly clogged highways and the secret bunker to save everyone. City of Ember where they lived in a big underground city after a nuclear war. Or you have on an even grander scale the crazy ships and crap they had in 2012.

While I don't think it will need to be quite that far, it never hurts to be prepared just in case.
[edit on 25-3-2010 by CalibratedZeus]

Actually I think that the official plans are probably much like those depicted in these films. Where are all those trillions of dollars going...

edit: typo

[edit on 3/25/2010 by this_is_who_we_are]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
What do you mean "where do you go". Too simple...

The sky. Not everything has to be ground/underground.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by magnetix
What do you mean "where do you go". Too simple...

The sky. Not everything has to be ground/underground.

The sky? Too complicated. We have nothing right now that would be able to last in the sky long enough without refueling to outlast some situations. And if it were a flood situation most location for fuel would be underwater. Not to mention if it were a volcano/nuclear scenario the ash and radiation would be deadly to fly in.

That is of course assuming you do not mean to the sky as in death.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Well,The question No one has asked since you began this thread is the most important one of all.

Where in the heck is all the water, that would be enough
to raise the sea level 1000 feet world wide, coming from?

All the ice caps and glaciers world wide melting would not raise the sea level that high.

I think in your possible scenario there would have to be a major lowering of the land masses resulting in water covering the lower elevations,bringing the former higher elevations down toward sea level.

This event would be cataclysmic and an attempt to move to a former safe area may result in disaster.

I too thought of an area in the United States that would be probably safe place.

I even believe those who live long ago knew this and named it appropriately.

Phoenix,Ari(d)zon(e)a.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
In an earthly fashion, yeah the seas could only possibly rise around 250 if ALL the ice melted so not really a scenario.

Astronomically an asteroid hitting an ocean could create a Tsunami a few thousand feet high, reaching most of the locations inland.

Spiritually, Noah's Ark was made for a reason.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I have a theory as to how there could be a 2km high wave to wash over the world, supporting noah's ark.

It's a theory that has been much talked about, but not so much in this way. We go back to good old Nibiru. Lets assume hypothetically Nibiru is real, I don't want to argue about it. So HYPOTHETICALLY, if Nibiru is real, and its orbit is highly eliptical, and it passes close to earth like the legend suggests. Then that would create a gravitational pull on the earth, So objects that are not anchored to the ground, would no longer be affected by gravity. Water for example, would be pulled skyward. But, the earth would still be spinning on its axis. Therefore, the water would then be pulled around the globe, being affected by the pull of Nibiru, for seven days. Then the pull from Nibiru would weaken and eventually the water would settle in its new found place.

In support of this theory, there are underwater cities off the coast of india, and underwater pyramids in japan. The Sphinx in egypt is also been proven to have been damaged by water in the past. So if Nibiru is real, this is what could cause such a flood as the one you have described.

[edit on 25-3-2010 by xxshadowfaxx]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
The data here is accurate to 1 metre. So at 2000 feet there's not many places to run and hide.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a3b00cf1144f.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bac168a93c5a.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are
reply to post by CalibratedZeus

I would reccomend Mt. Whitney in California, the highest point in the contiguous United States. Interestingly enough, Mt. Whitney is only about 85 miles away from Badwater California (Death Valley), the lowest point in the contiguous United States.

en.wikipedia.org...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/10f50ac3c0fe.jpg[/atsimg]

Interesting coincidence that the U.S. command ship in the Libyan operation is the U.S.S. Mt. Whitney.
andrewsullivan.theatlantic.com...
edit on 3/19/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: typo

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I am in Arizona at 5,000 feet so unless the water comes that high I am high & dry.

Basically the only part of Arizona that will flood is the populated areas.

So I will be in a lovely forested area with beachfromt property and 80% of the people gone from my state....

Sounds Ideal.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Very cool thread idea OP. Just the other day my dad was talking over dinner about how they (he works for NASA) have been monitoring the polar ice caps and at the rate they're melting they estimate in about 15 years places like New Orleans and many parts of Florida would be underwater. Sounds like a very real threat and it's good to have a plan!
edit on 3/26/2012 by TMG333 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhiteDevil013
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

Screw Colorado I'll just go there! Realistically, there would be so much chaos in the street, if you didnt have a ATV loaded with a ton of extra fuel, it would be a tough trip just getting away from major cities.

Anyone down to throw in for a helicopter?

I'm down as long as you head up here after you get grabbed/grab the choppah!
There are some high mountains around here, but not as high as the sierras, and they are still about an hours drive form where I am to 2,000 ft elevation.
edit on 26-3-2012 by smashdem because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join