It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

West Point Graduate Jason Clark For Governor Of Colorado 2010

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
This is from Jason's Site.....

Why am I running for Governor of Colorado?
We can do better Colorado. We can do better than what the Democrats and the Republicans have done for us. It is time in Colorado - and America - to put the people first. I believe that I am the most qualified and competent leader to be the next Governor of Colorado. I have a leadership education from WEST POINT; I have practical military knowledge and experience serving as a US Army officer; I have numerous accomplishments as an entrepreneur; I have several years of business experience as a small business owner; and lastly, I have a background in finance with real life experiences as a professional money manager. Colorado, we need to fix the economy and everything else will fall into place. We will accomplish this by getting jobs back into our state; ending the spending; balancing our budget; paying down our out of control debt; and then positioning Colorado for the opportunities of tomorrow. Colorado, I am the only candidate - because I am the only Independent candidate - that can send our elected officials the ultimate message - Thank you for your service, but we can we will we must do better for All Coloradans.

---"that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain -- that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth."
- Excerpt from the Gettysburg Address, noontime November 19, 1863

Why am I running as an Independent unaffiliated candidate?
Because the United States of America is a constitutional republic. We are a nation of laws, not men. A nation whose governing principle above all else is of the people, by the people, for the people. It is time in Colorado - and America - to put the people first. Reelecting the same recycled Republicans and Democrats is business as usual. Just like it is business as usual on Wall Street - nothing will "change" unless you hold Wall Street and Washington "accountable".

The Constitution of the United States..."its only keepers, the people." - George Washington

www.jasonclarkforgovernor.com...

[edit on 25-3-2010 by freetree64]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I wish the best of luck in his run. It will be the Constitutionalists that decide if this country goes into the gutter or not. Hopefully, come November, there can be at least a little hope on the horizon.

[edit on 25-3-2010 by gwydionblack]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Jason is an excellent answer to the age old, Republicans vs Democrats debate, that is currently dividing America, He is a fresh breath of air, in a State that could use one, and I believe the answer to what Colorado need's and an example to the rest of our country, at a time when our country need's a good example..... Just my opinion, but take a look and see what ya think

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by gwydionblack

Thank you for your thought's, and post, I too think it's going to be an interesting year till November....

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I too, think the next candidates we see, had better be holding the Constitution in one hand, and the American Peoples Hand in the other.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Now if only we had someone like that running for governor in California, who would finally fix the budget, but thats just wishful thinking on my part.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by that_one_guy

I hear ya, and I wish you had someone like him in California, he look's to be a great Governor if elected, and He's a hometown guy, as well as an individual who has been to war, and therefore know's what it's like, which should give him an excellent perspective. Add to that his financial and business experience, and the knowledge of what a budget truly is, and I think we got us a winner here. Let's hope the people of Colorado think so too, and He can get the financial backing he need's to make a good run. Who know's maybe he'll influence the California up and comer's to enter the race, we'll see. I'm truly looking forward to this election, should be unlike any we've seen in awhile, due to the attitude of the American people, and what we've seen in the last year.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Jason, is the type of leader the USA could use, at this pivotal point in our nations history, and as the Governor of Colorado, he would be influentional in holding up the standards of what we need and want in Washington, in my opinion....

His Qualifications:

I have been a proven leader and winner my whole life. Colorado needs a leader to make the right decisions right now. Colorado needs a winner to remain the best state in the union leading America in education, healthcare, entrepreneurship, business innovation, and home to the most spectacular skiing and snowboarding areas in the world!

A proven leader at WEST POINT, graduating with honors as a Distinguished Wreath Recipient - marking high achievement in academics, military, and physical fitness. Received a BS degree in Business Management & Systems Engineering. WEST POINT exists to produce leaders of character for our nation. Proving the worthiness and competence of this American institution was most recently marked by Forbes Magazine ranking WEST POINT the #1 College in America (Y 2009).

A proven leader in the US Army, leading a combat ready Armored Scout Platoon of 30+ soldiers equipped with M1A1 tanks and Bradley Fighting Vehicles. As a US Army officer I received numerous awards, and noteworthy accomplishments including top scores on field maneuvers, gunnery, and my entire platoon's physical fitness.

A proven leader in the private sector, owning and operating my own business, Clark Brothers Investments (o/ Clark Bros, Inc.), which I alone started from scratch on August 31, 2005. Starting, owning, and operating my own company during the worst decade for the stock market in the history of the United States (including the Civil War era and the 1930's) is by far my biggest accomplishment. In addition, this was done during a time period when the US government has been using my tax dollars - both personal and business - and giving it directly to my competition (referencing the Wall Street bailouts).

A proven leader in the investment community, working in numerous areas of finance to include: investment and portfolio management, the insurance industry, estate planning, financial planning, institutional equity, private equity, venture capital, as well as several entrepreneurial start up ventures - Sunset Shores, Inc., APlaceForMom.com, Ranek's Gym & Sports Training, USA Computer Link, and Clark Brothers Investments.

I am vehemently and passionately against the Wall Street bailouts & bonuses, GM and Chrysler bailouts, and bailing out irresponsible homeowners. It is wrong, has not worked, and will not work. We should be rewarding savers, investors, and hard workers not punishing them. Just as we must hold Washington accountable, we must hold Wall Street accountable. Since we must rely on Washington to hold Wall Street accountable, and our politicians have chosen not to, we must send them a loud resonating and unmistakable vote of disapproval by Voting Them Out of office. There is no other solution

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
- Theodore Roosevelt, 26th US President

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I'd vote for the guy simply because it's taking a sharp stick and poking it in the eye of whoever is in office now.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

Yep, he's got the right attitude, skill's, and at the right time too, we are looking forward to him in Colorado, but it would be nice if there were a whole bunch of men and women like him, to stand up all over this country...

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Update: Jason is doing well, and busy collecting signatures for his drive to the Governor's race this fall, here is a recent (4/6/10) video of his announcement....

aurora.granicus.com...

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Look's like Jason's got the viral hit of the century, a "Craigslist" ad for his running mate.... cool

Written by: Michael Roberts, of "WestWord"

"As we all know, the economy remains tough these days. But there are still jobs out there.

Like, for instance, Lieutenant Governor of Colorado -- a position currently being advertised on Craigslist.

No, it's not a joke. Jason R. Clark, an independent gubernatorial hopeful, needs to find a running mate by the end of the month, and he's casting as wide a net as possible. "When I do something, I try to include everybody and then make a decision," he says. "I go with my gut."

Jason R. Clark for Governor of Colorado campaign is searching for a Lt. Governor candidate.
MUST BE:

1. MUST be a registered unaffiliated (Independent) voter before June 15, 2009.
2. At least 30 years old.
3. Resident of Colorado for at least 2 years prior to November 2, 2010.
4. United States citizen.

www.jasonclarkforgovernor.com

• Compensation: $68,500/year
• OK to highlight this job opening for persons with disabilities
• OK for recruiters to contact this job poster.
• Please, no phone calls about this job!
• Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.

www.jconline.com...

blogs.westword.com...

www.huffingtonpost.com...

[edit on 12-5-2010 by freetree64]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Video of interview with Jason Clark here, on his "Craigslist" ad for a Lt. Governor.....

www.9news.com...

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
It's Official Jason Clark is on the ballot for this November's election for Governor of the Great State of Colorado, way to go Jason, and best of luck to you in the coming election, this is a politician we can all stand behind.... awesome!!!!!

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Check out Jason R. Clark"s New "YouTube" video on Leadership and Integrity.....

www.youtube.com...

top topics

join