It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fidel Castro Applauds Passage of Obama's Health Care Overhaul

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Why am I not surprised that this is a fox news article?

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I hear hitler often drank water.. SO DOES OBAMA!

Coincidence?

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kaytagg
I hear hitler often drank water.. SO DOES OBAMA!

Coincidence?

Great argument!!!! To see such intelligent thought out answers here on ATS make me feel warm and fuzzy inside.

You are right they both do drink water and it could be the common tie that binds but I tend to lean towards that they are both progressives. And that they feel the overwhelming need to help even when it is not wanted.

The funny thing about Hitler is that he was loved and had a grand vision of change sound familiar? I am not saying they are the same I am saying they do have some pretty clear similarities.

But we both know it is not about the truth anymore it about pushing a agenda no matter whether it is the right thing or not.

[edit on 2-4-2010 by Subjective Truth]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

So the WHO and even the CIA World Fact Book are lying?

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Kaytagg

Not only that, but I heard ALL U.S. Presidents, past and present, drank water! Heck, even the founding fathers themselves drank it!

"News" stories like this never cease to amaze me. I can't help but wonder if it's merely partisan blinders, or that our general populace has really been "dumbed down" to the point of throwing logic and reason out the window entirely.

I wish philosophy was a mandatory part of our children's curriculum so that they could learn to spot a logical fallacy when one is presented, and the fact that any self proclaimed "news" organization would report a "story" in such fashion is abhorrent.

I don't care what political ideology one subscribes to; everyone should be equally disgusted with such immoral tactics. Being that the source is Fox, those who lean "right" should be especially infuriated because "stories" like this are a slap to their face, and highly insulting of their viewers percieved intelligence levels.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Kaytagg

Did you laugh as hard as I did?

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by redmage

The people who created the Federal Reserve drank water too!

It's all beginning to come together now!

Hitler was also a christian.. And Obama is a christian!!!

Oh wait, no, I'm sorry; Obama is a muslim. LINK DENIED. I guess he's NOT a fascist.

Case closed, guys. Lets go home

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by redmage
reply to post by Kaytagg

Not only that, but I heard ALL U.S. Presidents, past and present, drank water! Heck, even the founding fathers themselves drank it!

"News" stories like this never cease to amaze me. I can't help but wonder if it's merely partisan blinders, or that our general populace has really been "dumbed down" to the point of throwing logic and reason out the window entirely.

I wish philosophy was a mandatory part of our children's curriculum so that they could learn to spot a logical fallacy when one is presented, and the fact that any self proclaimed "news" organization would report a "story" in such fashion is abhorrent.

I don't care what political ideology one subscribes to; everyone should be equally disgusted with such immoral tactics. Being that the source is Fox, those who lean "right" should be especially infuriated because "stories" like this are a slap to their face, and highly insulting of their viewers percieved intelligence levels.

Hmm lets talk about the messenger instead of the message? DO you like Fidel Castro lets start with a easy one and work our way up. And do you believe in the constitution as it is written?

But I bet instead of answering the question I bet you attack me as this seems to be the way you argue issues.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   

reply to post by redmage

Oh wait, no, I'm sorry; Obama is a muslim. LINK DENIED. I guess he's NOT a fascist.

I bet if you guys lived in 1930s America you would be saying the same thing about Hitler. And I want it to be clear I think Obama is just a figure head and the people with real power just feed him lines.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   

reply to post by redmage

You like to throw out one liners hows about a real argument. Do you think the patriot act is a good thing? And whats your views of the wars?

And are you that mad Obama is not keeping his word to you?

I bet you dont answer the questions and just keep cracking jokes.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Subjective Truth
Hmm lets talk about the messenger instead of the message?

Actually, I addressed both. The "message" is a logical fallacy, and the "messenger" (Fox) should be ashamed.

DO you like Fidel Castro

Can't say that I know him; however, from what I know of him, I wouldn't care for him as my leader.

That said, the "article" is a success. You've fallen for the red herring, and are now stuck distracted and discussing a non-issue (Castro) that has nothing to do with healthcare in the U.S.

And do you believe in the constitution as it is written?

I do, and as such I don't agree with the healthcare bill that was passed.

But I bet instead of answering the question I bet you attack me as this seems to be the way you argue issues.

Actually, I did answer the questions. Also, I find it highly ironic that you're doing exactly what you accuse me of. Claiming that personal attacks are "the way I argue issues" is a personal attack. Clearly you do not know my posting style at all; so you can save the baseless assumptions and personal judgements for another day.

[edit on 4/2/10 by redmage]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   

reply to post by redmage

You like to throw out one liners hows about a real argument. Do you think the patriot act is a good thing? And whats your views of the wars?
And are you that mad Obama is not keeping his word to you?
I bet you dont answer the questions and just keep cracking jokes.

I think the patriot act is tyrannical.. Although, even I might have to admit that maybe it's necessary, considering the recent spate of "militia" home grown terrorist groups which are seeking to start some kind of civil war with the government, by blowing up police stations and such...

One wonders if such home grown hate groups would even exist without right wing rhetoric being blasted out of AM radio stations all across the country...

Obama never made any promises to me, as you suggest. That's a naive assertion for you to make.. I voted for AND contributed money to Nader. If you bothered to look at any of the policies Obama held, you would have seen his foreign policy was virtually identical to McCain.. which brings me to your next point -- the wars.

I do not support either of them. I think Iraq is about oil and our involvement, in general, is about bringing "stability" to the middle east, because that is where the largest reserves of oil are in the world, and it is a vital resource for our way of life.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by redmage

I did not attack you I asked you questions? I do this so that I have a clear idea about who I am talking with. And I think the fact that communist leaders are singing the praises of Obama is a big deal.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Kaytagg

So if he decides to go into Iran you are going to back him? I ask because it seems like many people were against the wars 4 years ago and now they are for it. And I think it has to do with politics and not right and wrong.

I am trying to find middle ground with the left so we can find issues that we can stand together on. And I think war is a good start. I am against the the wars and I think we should pull out of the middle east. Either that or we should truly vest ourselves and get the job done. I dont like neverending wars .

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Subjective Truth

Do you know what an "ad hominem" is?

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   

reply to post by redmage

I did not attack you I asked you questions?

Please clarify the "question" in the statement; "I bet you attack me as this seems to be the way you argue issues.".

I see no question there, only a personal attack on my assumed debating methodology.

I think the fact that communist leaders are singing the praises of Obama is a big deal.

Non-communist leaders commended the HRB's passage as well; however, when it comes to the HRB, the only opinions that matter are those of the U.S. citizenry.

Personally, I'd rather debate the reform bill itself instead of getting distracted by who may (or may not) be commending it outside the U.S.. Such commentary has zero relevance to the bill itself. It's being used in a logical fallacy to distract people from the real issues at hand.

[edit on 4/2/10 by redmage]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 01:39 AM
link   

reply to post by Kaytagg

So if he decides to go into Iran [are] you... ...going to back him? I ask because it seems like many people were against the wars 4 years ago and now they are for it. And I think it has to do with politics and not right and wrong.

No. I do not condone any wars, period, because I take things like death kind of seriously, and I think we should avoid causing it or receiving it as much as possible.

I am trying to find middle ground with the left so we can find issues that we can stand together on. And I think war is a good start. I am against the the wars and I think we should pull out of the middle east. Either that or we should truly vest ourselves and get the job done. I dont like neverending wars .

The war will officially end, in Iraq, in due time. But we will never "pull out," because we have a de facto military base in the guise of an embassy over there. Eventually, though, Obama, or some Republican president, will take credit for ending the war there, and pulling out the troops. But this wont really be true. Just a heads up, for when it inevitably happens.

There isn't really a lot of differing ground between the "left" and "right," imo. Most everybody wants to pay less taxes, most everybody wants less govt spending as well. What you probably don't realize is that the republicans love big government -- as long as it works for them -- which it often does.

They use people like Glen Beck, and institutions like Fox News, to lie to you, and try to focus your attention on the "shadow of power," rather than the substance. I must say, they've done a good job. Although, it's not hard when your audience is overworked, underpaid, and is raised in a culture which despises higher learning and intelligent discourse -- cause that is "uncool," and learning is "for fags," right? Also, evolution isn't real, right? Just another conspiracy that you should focus your attention on, rather than what really matters....

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 04:42 AM
link   
well at least congress can appear some one.

To bad its not the people paying the bills.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Subjective Truth

You are the most arrogant and fascistic person I ever heard of in real life.

Hitler and every other dictator would be proud of you.

Edit: Changed anger to irony.

[edit on 3-4-2010 by Siddharta]

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join