It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Modifications to your current car

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Visited a creek bed last week.

Some other shots that day.

Yes, I also enjoy taking photos of my car as well as driving it

Raist
edit on 5/30/11 by Raist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Added front lip, vortex generator, and smoked side markers. Then I took it out for a few photos.

Raist

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Hello, been reading this forum alot since the BP thing last year & really got good info on Japan this spring.

Anyways here's a couple pics of my hobby car & vid of it at the track. Also have a nearly stock 2001 Z28 (daily driver) & a couple Silverado pickup trucks.

(Guess IMG tags don't work here)

edit on 7/21/2011 by Mark98SS because: Added comment

edit on 7/21/2011 by Mark98SS because: Video link went to my tube page instead of the selected video, Oh well

edit on 7/21/2011 by Mark98SS because: fix link

edit on 7/21/2011 by Mark98SS because: trying to get right

edit on 7/21/2011 by Mark98SS because: pfft

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Mark98SS

Nice ride. I love black cars. From the looks of the one pic it looks like you have some torque in that thing.

How much PSI and what FMIC you running?

Also since those are track pics what are your track times/speeds?

Raist

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I think its great that there's a thread for people who modify threre cars, afterall thers a lot of us with cars eh.
I'v modified every car I've ever had, most recently a 1996 Volvo 440 in red, this was'nt some car i could buy anything from a catalogue for and was a bit of a challenge but end result I think looks great. It was a 2.0 8v N/A, mods included; lightened and balanced flywheel, crank and clutchplate, ported/polished/portmatched head, 3 angle valve seats with oversized valves, tubular manifold(headers), 1.7t gearbox, de-cat pipe with custom centre exhaust and custom rear box, lowered by 40mm all round, drilled and groved discs all round with fast road pads, goordidge braided brake pipes, 17" 12spoke alloy wheels painted white with glitter laquer, Yokohama "parada" spec 2 tyres, 205/40/17. seat Toledo gti front splitter, toyota MR2 bonnet vent, 16 led side repeaters, custom made front grille. interior; rage half leather reclining bucket seats, MOMO 3 point racing harnesses, MOMO steering wheel, MOMO gear knob, MOMO pedals, I.C.E; jvc headunit with kenwood 80w door speakers and 80w tweeters up front with JBL gto series 6x9 speakers on rear shelf, Alpine 700w 250w rms class D amp running a JBL gto series 1800w sub in a Vibe leather clad sub box, oxygen free power cable used throughout with Vibe flatflex speaker cable.
think theres more but hey !
PICS TO FOLLOW AS I DONT KNOW HOW TO............ HELP ??

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by jambo440

Sounds nice.

To add photos (I use photobucket and them just click the imbed link as it auto copies) you have to use the coding.

*[*img*]* is what you put before the link minus the *

*[*/img*]* is what you put after the link minus the *

So when you type it out it would look like this.

*[*img*]*www.MYPHOTO.com...*[*/img*]* minus the * of course.

If that is hard to understand (I am not good at doing that over the internet lol) you can quote one of my posts above and see what the coding looks like.

Hope that helps. Cannot wait to see shots of it.

Raist
edit on 8/3/11 by Raist because: Adding info.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Raist

hi Raist, i tried that but dont fully understand (not too computer literate) tried to "quote" your post also but ??????
does that mean I have to type the exact location on my pc EG; my IP address or Email address then my computer, folder and pic name ????? forgive my ignorance but I'm guff on the "how to" aspects of doing things on a pc

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
and thats a hard lookin EVO Raist, you'd love the "B" roads over here in Scotland, thats where I learned how to drive "properly" haha !. if ye want to see a vid of my car you could check out T5 vs 440 on youtube, mines is the red car,I raced my friend in his Volvo T5 at Ultimate Street Car in ......... 2007 I think it was, I lost but hey, he was running 350 bhp, the joys of motoring eh

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
what does it men when the box appears that asks for the "url" of the image you wish to insert, havnt a clue, take , its the address of the pic but what to type in that box ???????????????

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Raist

very clean, nice ride
.. where were the pics taken?

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

No you will need to upload your photos to a place that will hold them for you.

Try photobucket.com... create an account and then click the upload button. You find the folder there and chose what you want to upload. After that you are pretty golden, because photobucket will give you all the coding you need just by running your mouse over a photo. A tab will pop up with all the codes you will need, just chose the imbed code.

Raist

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Sweet I'll try to watch it today before work. If not I'll watch it this weekend and embed it for you.

Raist

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Yep that is it. I normally just copy and past, or like with photobucket I only need to click the coding and it copies automatically for me.

Raist

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by -W1LL

Some were taken in a creek bed near here, another near a flooded field that has a cave in the background. Many were taken near the Mississippi river and at Trail of Tears state park. I drive past the park everyday I go to work and live just up from the Mississippi river. A few others on a back road near the creek.

When all the flooding was going on I was not flooded but it cut off many of the roads around my house.

If you are wondering about a certain photo quote it and I can tell you where it was at specifically.

Raist

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
09 Tahoe Hybrid, this is how she came stock:

First mods included:

- Black Chevy bowties.
- Grillecraft st. steel upper/lower grilles
- Enkei Ikei-6 24" Rims with 295/35/24 Hankook Ventus
- Belltech 2-3/4 drop
- 50% front tint
- and some minor interior details

This is what she looked like:

Problem was, as good as she looked, between DC streets, low profile tires, and the drop, she was too uncomfortable to drive ... so I took off the drop kit and 24s and went in a different direction, which included:

- GM oem 22" CK375 rims on 285/45/22 GY
- Denali tubular running boards
- Denali door moldings
- Denali door handles
- Smoked tails and 3rd
- Resonator delete and double tip addition

In the closet waiting to be installed:

- Denali/Esky rear bumper with hitch closeout (there's no hitch cover for the hybrids and it was driving me nuts)

- OEM clone housings with quad bi-xenon 6000k projector retrofit and double led switchbacks.
- Esky side mirrors
- McGaughys 2" rear drop kit to level her out and minimize cavernous rear wheel wells.

This is what she looks like now (before smoked tails):

That's it.

edit on 4 Aug 2011 by schrodingers dog because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Not going to lie I like the way it looks now better than what you first did. I am not much of a fan of the big rim small tire thing.

All you need to start doing now are some performance mods

I think smokes tails would look nice on it, but then again I sort of like the "murdered out" look (just found out what that was this year and now it is not even the "cool" thing to do any more. Black is my favorite color though so for me that would be the way to go.

Raist

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Raist

Yeah the 'murdered out' look is very popular on Tahoes, If I had kept the original look and had black rims instead of chrome, that would have been it. But if I see another set of KMC slides I'm gonna hurl.
I much prefer the oem look I'm with right now ... plus my back, my brakes, and my power steering are thankful as the drop and 24s were a significant drain on them.

Performance mods on a Hybrid Hoe ... lol, I wish.

But, without the resonator and a 6.0L, she is the best sounding Hybrid on the road:

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

That does not sound like a hybrid (at least not what I was expecting
).

Yeah the performance mods thing was sort of tongue in cheek. Though I would think there might be some mods out there for it. People are always trying to make their ride faster

I am not real familiar with the hybrid platform. I know that say in my car for instance I could for a small amount of cash get it to run straight E85 and even set it up where I could flip between that and 93 octane. For a bit more I could even get it to run on a mix so that I didn't have to drain the tank each time and it would be a true flex fuel car.

In your situation though I wonder if you still could not open up the intake and exhaust. At the very least certainly someone out there is tuning those things and you could do that. Again though I am not familiar with the platform of the hybrid so there might not be a lot of ways to go.

I have heard that the big rims little tire thing makes cars/trucks drive like crap but have never been in one. I have also heard that the "hella flush" makes them ride just as bad (not really my thing either
).

Have you thought about putting a brush guard on it?

Raist

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Raist

Yeah there's no CAI for these hybrids ... only a drop in filter. I've thought about slapping a magnaflow or flowmaster muffler but I'm not looking for more exhaust noise. It's a nice discreet rumble right now with no highway drone.

And no brush guard for me either, she's a city girl in evening wear.
Plus if I told you how much those grilles and pending headlight retrofit cost the last thing you'd wanna do is cover it up with stuff.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Sure make her look all pretty but give her no toning exercise I see how it is.

I have to agree the headligths are nice looking. The grills I would like darker (
yes I am thinking the murdered out thing again, sorry full black is just sweet).

You have any other plans for more interior stuff?

By the way what was the stock sound system like in that thing? I would imagine it would be nice for the price. Unless they cheaped out in some areas like Mitsubishi did with mine. Stock speakers are alright the head unit though was sort of blah. That and I do not have cruise either, later I might add it though not terribly hard to do.

Raist

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join