Modifications to your current car

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

I drive a lot of rural/wilderness roads when I want to go on a spirited drive.

In town sucks because of all the stop and go. Having arthritis in both knees and in your right hand sort of sucks some days driving manual in the city
I get out and nearly fall down, other days it is not so bad.

I do however love the winding roads with a few straights in between. Feeling the G's when cornering and then the sudden accelerations gives one quite a rush.

Thanks for the advice though, I will have to check one of those out.

about the fireproof suit.

I bet the go cart was quite a rush and I am sure it did feel a lot faster. I cannot see how the people on the crotch rockets go so fast without it bothering them. I understand speed is a killer but I feel safer with a car around me. I have seen a lot of totaled evos and a front or rear crash they seem pretty safe a side impact though I cannot say they look as safe.

Raist

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Raist

Dude i love the evos big fan rather one over the wrx i use to have a evo engine in my red ute done a full rebuild on the engine forges and a nice set of cams and few mods made about 350hp at the rears boost came on around 2500 mark and held to 8000rpm

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by xmetalgear

Wow, that sounds cool.

A bit more work than I am capable of I think, but with enough time who knows.

2,500 for boost to start building sounds about right give or take a few hundred. Sounds like a fun car. Did you ever take it to a strip?

I have got to work on driver mods before I can do anything like that myself

Raist

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Raist

I mainly used it for hill climbs and motor karner
never had the chance to run it down the stip i would recon it would of ran 11's

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by xmetalgear

Sweet. I would take my car to the strip to see what it would do but I need driver mods. I am so afraid of breaking something in a lauch that I never learned.

If I were on a road course I would be fine I think. I have no problems after I am going but never have done a launch.

After I get things done I might start practicing some on that and then end up getting a new clutch

Raist

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Very nice EVO. I am a very big DSM fan. I like talons and the 4g63, but thats just me.

Eventually I am going to figure out how to post pics and I will post the pics of her.
But my main project is
98 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited:
Current mods:

4.5 inch lift
32 x 10.50 tires
Jet chip

Current project:

Currently doing a np249 to np242 t-case swap

Future mods:
Steel front bumper, winch, locker front diff. Roof rack.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by MoosKept240

Thanks. I got it with 41.5k miles on it 3 years ago and have put 13k on it since.

The 4g63 is an awesome engine, rock solid. I cannot believe they went to the 4b11 and the new body style. Oh well, the evo is dead after 2013 no more will be made. For me the evo died with the 4g63 anyway.

So a 4.5 inch lift? Holy cow you must be driving over the top of cars. That is a big lift.

Are you going to use it for mudding or rock climbing?
or you just going to crush cars that get in your way? I would love to see some photos of the thing.

If you use photobucket you can just get a direct img code link and it will show without a problem. I use photobucket for photos of my car only. Being the conspiracy guy I am I refuse to put photos of my family on the internet.

photobucket.com...

If you have them hosted someplace else just use the codes [*img*] before and [*/img*] after to get the photo to show up. Have to do it without the asterisk and spacing.

Raist
edit on 3/13/11 by Raist because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I haven't read all of the post replies on this thread.
The modifications that I would like for my 2002 volvo
v70 stationwagon is this...to run on something besides
premium gas!

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

You can easily convert to e85 and get more power out of it. However your mpg will suffer from normal fuel.

You will simply have to get bigger injectors, a higher flowing fuel pump, and then get it tuned at a shop that knows what they are doing, at least that is my understanding. All in all you could get that at a cost of around 5-8 hundred, if you do everything but the tune yourself if not maybe about 1k. A good tuner could possibly even help with the mpg issue by making your car run leaner if that is your desire.

You live in Ohio so you could shoot AMS in Chicago an email or call them and see what they can do for you. They might be able to help you find a place closer to where you live even.

From what I have seen all cars and truck could benefit from a tune (remapping the ecu (the cars brain)) to make them run more efficient.

Here is a quick list of Ohio tuners that might be able to help you as well.

www.ecstuning.com...
www.pure-tuning.com...
www.aptuning.net...

I would give them a shot see what they can do for you. As I said it might cost you a bit up front but the savings might be worth it.

Raist

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
91 ford ranger 4x4 Full cage 33" tires Kings shocks all around cut plated i beams, heimed steering, heimed radius arms. king bypass in rear with deaver race springs. still has AC took out the ashtray put in a slide out 7" screen for dvd. clarion headunit still plays smooth while going 70mph through the whoops...!!!

1999 7.3L 4x4 diesel powerstroke sniper tuner turbo back stainless exhaust air filter. and misc engine turbo mods.
7" lift with 37' tires she will keep right up with my 69 firebird with a small block 400 and the firebird plays with built cobras.

2002 superduty 4x4 Dually flatbed 4:11 gears gooseneck hitch sniper tuner and nitrogen shocks hauls WOOD or whatever you hook up.
thats the firebird on the trailer not many pics of her yet need a garage so I can paint.
edit on 3/21/2011 by -W1LL because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by -W1LL

Wow, what fun it must be to modify more than one car

The 4x4 is huge. After I get some driver mods I would still run ya

Raist

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Raist

its a funny race to see a huge ass truck and a little car side by side. all wheel drive is how its dun I had an 86 audi quattro that went everywhere a straight 5 cylinder. drifted like a champ!!

more than one car is nice but not when they need work oil changes and tires add up fast..

I have a trailer full of Trikes and dirt bikes aswell.$$$$
edit on 3/21/2011 by -W1LL because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by -W1LL

Haha great, I bet you have loads of fun.

I know what the costs of oil changes can be for 3 rides. I have my beater Subie, my fun car the Evo, and my wife's S10.

I only use Amsoil in the Evo engine and drive train. It costs a bit more but is totally worth it. I noticed a difference when I changed over to that after I got the car. Everything seemed to run better. Of course the Evo can only use synthetics and premium fuel. It is the most costly ride I have. The insurance is not bad $65.20 a month (yes I understand that is a bit high in normal terms) much cheapre than I have seen other Evo owners talk about. I get by on average $100+ cheaper per month than most. Of course I also have 2 other rides, a home and two life policies through the same place. Our agent tells us the Evo is rated up there with the corvette as far as insuring it goes. I think most of that is because of kids totaling them out and so many being stripped down or stolen. That and OEM parts are expensive. I can buy after markets cheaper.

I seen one video of a big turbo diesel launch in 4 wheel drive and burn down the strip. Of course he must have been running pig rich as he was spewing black smoke the whole 1/4 mile. I mean it was literally pouring out of his two stacks behind the cab.

I agree seeing a big truck and little car race is funny, but definitely cool.

Raist

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I bought a Honda Fit just as soon as I could find a dealer that had one with manual transmission in July 2006... I haven't done anything as far as cosmetic but I have put a Kraft Werks Rotrex supercharger kit that includes 310 cc RC injectors, an under hood intercooler and ECU reflash by Hondata... I also have installed a pretty decent Megan exhaust from the cylinder head to the rear axle where I have an Apexi exhaust control valve in front of an 18" length 2.5" diameter Vibrant resonator into an Aero Turbine 2540i muffler... I cut down on unsprung weight and rotating mas by using Swift Sport Mach springs and 9.5 Lb. Enkei RPF1 15"X7" wheels... I have other things like methanol/water injection, a badly needed oil mist separator and a 7" diameter cooling fan to mount under the intercooler... A set of chassis bars I got a good price on through a group by on a Fit forum are due to be shipped any day.... I surprise a lot of people just because I'm an old man and drive a loud little econobox that keeps the front tires lit up to a little over 40 MPH and does sub 6 second 0 to 60 runs.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by hypervigilant

Personally I am not much of a fan of the Fit, stock they are less than 100 whp, they are only 109 at the crank, and just not a look I desire.

Now the older CRX's or even a Si are more of something I would drive. Then again not everyone likes the stock style of my ride either so I understand everyone has their own likes.

I would like to see you roast the tires on it though that is always a bit fun to see.
Sort of like this would be cool.

All is good as long as you do not do this. I love this one.

Raist

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raist
All is good as long as you do not do this. I love this one.

ROFLMAO. How about when he opens the rear glass deck liftback instead of hood. OMG, classic.

That night: "Daddy, I broke your car today when you told me to take it for new tires."

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   

I think that might have been daddy.

The best part is the guys who work for him did not stop him when they seen it was not the tires. The let the idiot just destroy what ever he was going to destroy and kept recording it

The best two lines in the video.

"Goodbye $600"

"That was not the tires"

Yeah it is a classic though.

Raist

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Raist

Perhaps but he does say "our Dealerships" Corvette. Whatever.

Here's another good one, albeit less dramatic.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   

That was pretty funny.

Here is my all time favorite though.

I have often seen the term face palm on the internet. This video certainly brings that action to mind.

Raist

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   
I'll opt out on the burnout Video.. I drive my car much like you drive your Raist, mainly enjoying later G forces on rural farm to market roads and two lane state highways... I has thinking of getting a Civic SI when I read that the Fit would be sold here.. I had owned VW Rabbits during the 80s and early 90s and when I though about how much fun I had in them I decided The little 5 door hatchback was what I wanted... A little station wagon with a 1500cc engine is very cheap to insure and even with the performance mods it is still cheap to drive... As it is now just driving normally and occasionally accelerating hard I have to rotate my tires every 12 or 15 hundred miles and I am on my third set in 38000 miles... I need new engine mounts but my clutch is still good as are my brakes and the rest of the car.. The KWSC high boost kit make 10 PSI boost and with only a change of the axle back puts out 167 WHP on a dyno and others with similar modification to what I have done better than 200WHP.... A 315 HP Mustang GT with manual transmission isn't a problem to walk away from from 60 on up and the little car feels very stable at speeds in excess of 130MPH I have a friend that lives near by that road races his Fit and does very well at that and autocross.. He goes by JCrimson on fitfreak.com if you want to check out some videos at speed and photos of his car... He has sponsorship and is sticking a K motor in his car which should be interesting it he adds boost.. I think I'll still be able to out pull him if he remains N/A... K motored Hondas and Acuras are not a problem for me as long as the aren't boosted in some way or have a lot more money invested in performance parts and dyno time than I have.... There is another FitFreak that is also into the Diamond Star Monsters that will be going for a record on the Texas Mile that loves to help people tune and modify their engines, you should look him up on Fit Freak since you two like the same type of cars.. He is making over 650 HP on a car he drives on the street...

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

atslive.com

hi-def

low-def