It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Modifications to your current car

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
On my 1999 Mustang Cobra so far this all the go fast goodies I've added:

JLT Ram Air Induction, it's pretty nice I just pop out the passenger side headlight assembly, simple as pulling the retainer bars and disconnecting the headlight connector (all tool-less) and it gets a straight shot ram air effect for the track.

Steeda underdrive pulleys with SFI approved dampened harmonic balancer.

MSD COPs

Custom Diablo Sport tune.

BBK short tube headers (ordering a set of long tubes and selling my friend the short tubes for his 4v motor swap).

Full exhaust with flow master 40 series, no cats.

Maximum Motorsports Aluminum clutch quadrant, firewall adjuster, with stock cable (stock cable is one of the most durable and reliable cables you can go with.

MGW short throw shifter, I love that shifter it's a night and day difference between the stock slosh stick and this shifter, it practically jumps into third and has the perfect throw and a very nice positive engagement.

TR3650 trans swap.

I have a full Derlin IRS bushing kit that I'm waiting until spring to install as it is a pretty big job but they make a massive difference in the handling of the car and get rid of the annoying "Cobra Clunk" from the Ford NVH team going over SVT's head and replacing the bushings with much softer ones to help with noise vibration and harshness. The Derlin bushings are well work a little extra noise though.

Also have H&R race springs ready to be installed when spring roles around too, will be ordering Caster/Camber plates soon too.

SPEC Stage 2 Clutch Kevlar friction material Street/Strip rated at 530ft/lbs of torque and still very mild on the street.

Soon to be ordering Steeda bump-steer kits front and back.

I also have a Maximum Motorsports full length subframe connector set.

Steeda button head IRS subframe bolt kit to allow the use of 315/35R-17 meats in the rear, can't wait to throw a set of these on the back and help remedy my severe traction problem.
www.americanmuscle.com...

Saving up the money for a Kenne Bell Big Bore 2.1L supercharger.

www.kennebell.net...

I know I'm forgetting some things but you get the point.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5ac58b0c90f0.jpg[/atsimg]

My huntin buggy 88 Toyota 327 small block with 400 turbo transmission util flatbed 50 gal gas tank snorkel on passenger side dana 60 in rear and a dana 40 in front warren wench on front 6inch skyjacker lift and setting on 32inch ground hogs that is just on the surface there's a lot more under the hood she aint fast but she will idle up a tree
edit on 9-1-2011 by hillbilly4rent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
cool thread, this is pretty much what I grew up doing helping in pappies car business mostly restoring muscle cars specializing in paint & body though can play with it all and still do various custom stuff as a hobby and income or as a side through the years (flooring business for last 12 years till market tanked) - last 3 projects was a 72' Bronco 302/5.0 Stroppe RB, Dana44 & 20T, Ford9", 3" springs/coils/body lift, Baja 32s AE 500s, Calypso Coral, Hurst, 01' Custom Blood Red YAmyHA Star Warrior, Airide suspension, 260 Kit, Tribal Fusion FC and her pegs, K&Ns custom flat black and wrapped flame tip exhaust and leather seat, pushing @110 hp, 74' 400/400 med. cam, headers, 2.5" dumped exhaust with welds, Formula/Trans Am, Hurst ratchet shifter, custom metallic silver with @2' black stripe center stripe down center dual ram air fiberglass hood (that started narrow contoured between scoops-455SD inspired) /trunk /spoiler with 1/4" border, painted/ 2layers clear coat in garage, wet sand/buff, black int., Cragar 2 peice S/T 10's and 5's next project will probably be another Mustang w/o motor since I have an extra 5.0 on stand in garage
edit on 9-1-2011 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
My baby 1996 911 (993) German Mistress - Heidi

Lowered 3" (Konis) / Short Shift Kit / Hyrdraulic Clutch / SS Headers / Chip /Toe Steer kit / Turbo rear links

325 HP +/- 0 - 60 5.3 secs. (If I hit all the shifts)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a92c6f212747.jpg[/atsimg]

UFO = Unbelievably Fast Object

For fun, a few cars from last years Amelia Concours:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e654332a5365.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b7002130d471.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/eb6447db2060.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b5755528dc06.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/42749a2b106e.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 14-1-2011 by kinda kurious because: added cars

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I have a used '96 Toyota Starlet (basic, non-turbo). Designed and made a DIY cold air intake for it which added power and improved fuel economy.

Now I could cruise xx over the speed limit and still manage 35 mpg

edit on 17-1-2011 by ahnggk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

YEAH!!!! gonna go get a pic of my car!!!!

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
My most current additions.

Upgraded to AMS FMIC

Boost gauge installed in the dash.

Under the hood.

A few car shots with my blacked out wheels.

Raist

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Raist

Wow.
Sorry to sound cliché. A wolf in sheep's clothing. Although the wing and big honking brakes are a tip off. What would you gander the net HP gain was with revised Intercooler?

Thanks for sharing, now I got the need for speed. May have to take a spin to grocery store.

Where are all the car nuts on this site?
edit on 6-3-2011 by kinda kurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   

The wing and the brakes (Brembo) are stock. So is the Momo steering wheel, Recaro seats and the Enkei wheels. Everything you see on the outside is stock, aside from the euro badge in the back that says Evolution VIII. I thought the euro badge looked better than the American chrome one.

The wing is carbon fiber and the front fenders and hood are aluminum again that is stock as well. It is all wheel drive so I lose a bit more power to the wheels than if it were two wheel drive.

The stock FMIC was only about 2 inches the AMS is 3.5 inches. That is not doing much for me hp wise though with my other mods at the moment I figure I am hitting about 250-260 WHP. I still have more mods to do so I have not done a tune yet either. I am looking for somewhere between 300-350 WHP. With the tune and other mods to come I should fall within that range easy. The tune will also open up my two step (used in launching if I were to race the car) which would allow me to launch the car from a stop at 55,000 RPMs.

My current mods are: Greddy Ti-C turbo back exhaust (80mm), Walbro 255 high flow fuel pump, the evo IX blow off valve, the AMS 3.5" FMIC, AMS manual boost control (set at 20 psi), and an Injen intake with the upper and lower intercooler piping.

My future mods are a ported exhaust manifold, O2 housing, evo IX turbo, and an O2 wideband, as well as the tune.

Then I will do a few exterior mods and SS brake and clutch lines.

I hope to have the engine mods and tune done within the next year. I am so anxious to get the WHP I am looking for.

As far as a wolf in sheep's clothing those who know what the car is will know it from sight and know what it can do. Others will think it is just a 4 cylinder sedan with a big wing for looks. That is until they hear the guttural growl of the exhaust. It is not the little fart can sound you hear on a lot of four cylinders. The stock sounded deep and loud to a point, but this exhaust is a whole new can of worms. If you hear it you know it can rip up the streets (with a better drive than myself that is).

Raist

edit on 3/6/11 by Raist because: adding information.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Raist

55,000 launch? or u mean 5,500

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by xmetalgear

Yeah sorry too many 0's

I get excited when I talk about my car.

Blast, I cannot fix it. But yeah, 5,500. I blame my excitement and my inattention span because my son and wife were around at the time.

The two step will keep the RPMs at 5,500 with the pedal all the way to the floor.
edit on 3/6/11 by Raist because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Raist

lol thought so i was like 55000 rpm
nice build you got happing i was thinking a two stage setup if i ran some boost in my falcon so tempting going down the boost path of things
but i all so like the na path as well nothing better than here a high revving NA engine

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by xmetalgear

This thing comes stock with a turbo.

I do not know how familiar you are with the Evolution, so here is some info on it and it's history.

en.wikipedia.org...

If I ever get the money to do it I want to get the thing done in flat black. I think that looks so sexy. But for now I am doing 98% performance mods. Only a few more things to get before the tune.

This is the first turbo, manual, and performance car I have had. I have to say it is amazingly fun. I am learning a lot. The only thing I have not done to it myself is the clutch install when I first got it. The old clutch was nearly gone and I finished it off. Got it with 41.5K miles on it three years ago and I have put 13K on it since.

Raist

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Raist

Love the additional info. Thanks. I realize that is a distinctively rare auto. I've been spanked by many off the line. Not on top end though. (My Carrera = 168 I've had it 143 on street - shhhh) Plus for me it has to be total peformance package; fast, great handling / cornering and looks...in that order.

I don't call them Rice Burners anymore.
They are wicked fast. If I was ever to lose my affinity for vintage German, I'd consider a Infiniti G37, 370Z or Honda NSX. Or if I had the dough a Skyline GT-R of course.

My Baby @ Daytona Historic Races 2009

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/adf47c760f3f.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/768682aba02e.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/90cdbad8856b.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7d1ebce55355.jpg[/atsimg]

Be still my heart. After 10 years this car still manages to take my breah away.

( I had just added the cross-drilled rotors.)

edit on 7-3-2011 by kinda kurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
A code 420 is a dead cat...when the front 02 sensor and the 02 after the cat wave form looks the same to the computer it will trigger a 420...usually there are bank 1 or bank 2 so you which side is bad...

I would go with a factory cat and not an aftermarket...

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Nice car. I have hit close to the speed you mention before I left off. I have always gotten to the limits of past vehicles but not this one. This one I reached my limit in and figured that was enough. I still had room to go on the car.

I plan on keeping that one for as long as I can drive. I hope to get it done in flat black all over. I have seen several flat black performance cars and they look downright sexy aggressive. For me that is the ultimate hotness on a car like that.

The track thing is awesome I just wish we had more than just drag strips here.

I will go with just slotted rotors later, I have heard too many stories about drilled and slotted.

Raist

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by dugstu

You can always get the anti-fouler extension and solve the problem as well. No need to run factory cat and stifle your HP.

There are other things that can be done as well, since everything is computer based in a car now. That might not exactly be legal either though.

Raist

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Slightly Off topic. But I think you gearheads might enjoy.

Next week I'll be returning the Amelia Concours Vintage Car Show in North Florida. (After years of Pebble Beach Concours de Elegance dominance, this show easily rivals that. Plus all procceds go to Charity. North Florida Hospice. < where my Dad passed.)

Anywho it was just announced the Winner of the 1965 Indy 500 will be there. Jim Clark's famous Lola Ford combo. First rear engine car to win there and as they say....the rest is history.

More Info Here

I'll be sure to take some snaps and post when I get back if any interest.

Jackie Stewart drives restored car at Goodwood:

Dario Franchitti drives restored car at INDY:

edit on 8-3-2011 by kinda kurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

I would love to have a shot behind the wheel of one of those.

I might wet myself out of fear (feeling so out in the open) but it would be totally worth it.

Raist

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Raist

No prob. Your fireproof suit would contain the seepage until you return to pits.
I once drove a modded go cart at about 60mph. Felt like 160 with no faring and so low to ground. Woo hoo!

Do you utilize a Radar Detector for errrrr traffic safety awarness? I just love my K40 RL360, totally discreet and works like a charm when combined with common sense and Trapster.

edit on 9-3-2011 by kinda kurious because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join