It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Vote For a New Board (please take the time to vote)**

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I am voting that we create a new board on ATS. The new board should be called "Conspiracies in Science." There is a Board called "Conspiracies in Religion"...WELL Science is an institution just like religion and science has an agenda just like religion. AND there are certainly conspiracies within science. Climate-Gate comes to mind as well as others.

By not having a Board called "Conspiracies in Science" and having a Board called "Conspiracies in Religion" this sends a Very clear and Biased message that religion is a conspiracy filled corrupt institution and science is not. If ATS wants to send that message then I do not support it. I think there are a large group out there that are wanting a place to talk about the conspiracies (read: hidden agendas) of science. ATS should acknowledge all types of conspiracies and facilitate there discussions. Thank You for Your vote!!

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
All ATS forums are intended to have an alternative or conspiratorial slant.

Science & Technology would seem to serve the requested purpose well.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by 12m8keall2c

I think there is a big enough demand that Science Conspiracies should have it's own board. "Science and Technology" is more for advances in the field, etc. type discussion.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by trueperspective

I am voting that we create a new board on ATS.

You don't get a vote, and neither do I.
ATS is not a democracy, but a privately owned company. No shares have been issued to the public, so other than stock held by the owners no one else has a vote on anything.

There's nothing wrong with making a suggestion to the Admin and owners of the site, and even trying to get support for an idea is fantastic. If enough members ask the powers that be for a change, from what I know of them, it will be discussed and considered, and possibly implemented.

But no, we don't get a vote.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by anxietydisorder

I am not so naive to think that ATS will do what I say based on a vote. BUT if enough people gave there opinion on the matter they MIGHT create a new Board. By the way you didn't give your opinion. Do you favor a new thread or not. All you have to do is say your opinion. ATS does read and consider what we say.

Please everyone, just state your opinion on my proposal, It's not that hard. If you disagree just say it.

[edit on 25-3-2010 by trueperspective]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   

By not having a Board called "Conspiracies in Science" and having a Board called "Conspiracies in Religion" this sends a Very clear and Biased message that religion is a conspiracy filled corrupt institution and science is not.

a bit of background might help your perspective, if i remember correctly, the conspiracies in religion forum was created to section off the arguing between religious believers and atheists that was going on in the philosophy and metaphysics forum, in much the same way as the recent political madness creation to section arguing away from the general political forum.

if there is a lot of pointless heated debate about the same old scientific conspiracies in the sci/tech forum, you might end up with a split. also, there's a fragile earth forum for environmental conspiracies, so that covers climate gate.

EDIT: my vote? it's not necessary.

[edit on 25/3/10 by pieman]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Voting On Foot

reply to post by trueperspective

The process for creating new forums isn't democratic in a literal sense (i.e., direct vote), but is largely driven by member demand, making it at least indirectly democratic.

New forums are usually only split off from existing forums if it is determined that a significant percentage of its threads are distinct enough to merit their own forum, and that the new forum would better serve the needs and interests of the membership.

In general, it is better to have a forum that is too big rather than too small.

Forums that are too big can become busy and difficult to follow, but threads posted to them tend to get more attention and can enjoy a "cross-pollination" effect whereby members who might not otherwise show interest in a given topic may have a look if it's in a forum they frequent for other reasons.

Meanwhile, forums that are too small or lack sufficient traffic can have the effect of isolating and stifling discussion of a given topic, which is the opposite of what is desired.

Looking through the Science & Technology Discussion Forum, I'm seeing some threads that could be considered "Conspiracies In Science", but not enough to merit a separate forum.

Should such threads start dominating the forum, however, the admins may well decide to take up this suggestion.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   

reply to post by anxietydisorder

By the way you didn't give your opinion. Do you favor a new thread or not.

Sorry about that.
Then my opinion is to say no.
Science & Technology forum is the perfect place to post any conspiracy threads to do with topics related to advances, or even past achievements in science.

[edit on 25/3/2010 by anxietydisorder]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
There are also other forums where a specific science topic conspiracy might fit

• Advanced Aircraft Projects (Discuss High Technology Secret and High-Concept Aircraft Projects, Rumors and Related Information.)
  • Space Exploration (Discuss the Exploration of Space, the Development of Space Colonies, and Related Space Science and Cosmology Topics.)
  • Fragile Earth (Global Warming is Real. Discus Man’s Impact, the Political Debate and Related Environmental Science Issues)
  • Medical Issues (Discuss Conspiracies and Cover-ups Related to the Medical Industry and Government Involvement)
  • Origins & Creationism (Dedicated to the discussion of the organized conspiracy to influence science education through the introduction of creationism and other non-scientific origin concepts)

Barring that specificity, if it's science related and has a conspiratorial aspect, it can certainly fit in the Science & Technology or General Conspiracy forums.

So my vote is that a new forum specifically for science conspiracy is unnecessary.

• posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 03:49 PM
    link   
    Before I cast my vote either way, did you ask the management/owners if it was OK for you to do this?

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 03:59 PM
    link   
    Imo, that's a great and well-considered opening-post

The reasoning behind it seems sound and valid also, imo

Fragile Earth, for example, isn't the place I would automatically go in order to find conspiracies in science

I also agree with the OP when he/she suggests that to have a Conspiracies in Religion board and not a corresponding Conspiracies in Science board is .... ?

Anyway, OP, I support your proposal and commend you for raising the issue, regardless of the fact it seems to have been knocked down almost from the word go

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 04:16 PM
    link   
    Please add your Suggestion to this thread
    What Id like to see on ATS in the Future

Thread closed.

Forum Moderator.

new topics

top topics

join