It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PROOF of reverse racism in South Africa - This is getting Ugly...

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Artificium

Of course Malema is not being paid so that The World Cup in South Africa will not go ahead.

South Africa got the competition ahead of other countries bids simply because FIFA wanted to be seen to be doing the 'right' and 'correct' thing by bringing the tournament to Africa.
And so, in a relatively short time South Africa will become only the second country to stage the rugby, cricket and football world cup's.

Make no mistake, when the world cup is over, and hopefully England are crowned World Champions
, then Zuma and his crony Malema will drive through policies that, if enacted, will turn South Africa into a barren wasteland.

Whilst most of the criticism recently here on ATS has been directed at Malema, I would just like to point out that the South African President, Jacob Zuma, isone of the most odious and corrupt individuals ever to have attained such position.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Gemwolf

Hey Gemwolf-

Last night when I saw that on the news, my jaw was hanging to the floor...

I don't know if you know why it happened..?

Malema made nasty comments about the other ruling parties having conferences in Santon (basically saying they are 'yuppie scum')- the Journalist then pointed out to Malema that he himself lives in Santon...Malema just freaked.

He also told the Journalist- " Stop trying to undermine blacks! Don't come here with that WHITE tendancy'"...and other things along those lines...and also called him a bastard.
What bothered me was that he asked security to "get this 'thing' out of here"... no respect.

But hey, don't take my word for it- judge for yourselves..

Malema really put his foot in it there. Can't believe he made such a fool of himself. You could clearly see he was on a total power trip.

[edit on 23/01/2010 by jinx880101]

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by jinx880101

HAHAHA!! All I can say is dance monkey, dance. See as Gemwolf says, he's giving himself enough rope.

Even though the World Bank just approved of a $3.75bn loan to Eskom, Netherlands, Britain and America all Abstained from the vote. Now that could have many implications but i'd like to think that the big bosses are just a little bit irked with the leadership right now.

Loan still went through though.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Wow, he comes off as a child in a man's body.

Reminds me of videos of Idi Amin.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Security is very tight for the funeral of white supremacist Eugene Terreblanche

Mourners blame ANC Youth League leader Julius Malema

www.news24.com...

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 05:20 AM
link   
SO eskom has 25% per year for 3 years, so basically doubling their income.

They still give electricity away (almost) for free to big companies who use more than the entire country.

The have been given several billion rand by the government.

Now it's 37 billion loan from the bank sharks. (of which the ANC is collecting a 1 billion rand tax free payback, they have shares in a company that has "won" the tender).

Despite showing woeful financial statements, all executives are given multi million rand bonuses year after year.

Not only are we citizens going to pay the increased electricity, but will bear the brunt of this loan via already hightaxes ???!!!! This cannot be paid back, it's the debt trap that will crush this country

And brave western nations abstain, not decline, but abstain. Cowards.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by harryhaller

I got an e-mail to sign a petition against the loan- I believe it is to build one of the worlds largest coal plants...Is this the same loan that was granted to Eskom?

Here is some of the e-mail- seems the petition didn't really help.

Say no to Eskom! Guys, this is pretty hectic so Eco-warriors please take note, and let's use some of the power of Planting Season to make a serious difference here.

I've just joined 8000 South Africans and signed a petition to the Executive Directors of the World Bank urging them to reject a proposed loan to Eskom to build the world's fourth-largest coal plant. Rejecting this loan is a crucial step towards a clean energy future and I hope you'll join us. Here's the link: www.avaaz.org... And here's more info from Avaaz.org: ____

Dear friends in South Africa, In just days, the World Bank will vote on a proposed R29 billion loan to Eskom to build the fourth-largest coal plant in the world -- a climate disaster. At the same time, Eskom plans to effectively double electricity rates over the next three years.

Big polluters are getting cut-rate electricity while ratepayers would be left to pay back this disastrous loan. But the loan is not a done deal. Some creditors are having second thoughts, with the US expected to abstain and several European delegates reportedly on the fence. And we can tip the balance -- we just need one "no" vote to table the proposal since the Bank rarely proceeds with divisive votes! While Eskom trumpets the plan, we can tell World Bank directors how we feel about coal.

Let the Word Bank know that we don't want its dirty loan - click below to sign the petition today:

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by harryhaller

'Brave western nations abstain' due to fear of accusations of neo-colonialism or indifference.

They are in a no win situation here.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Probably true but it would be nice if they stuck there necks out. All it would've taken was one "No". It shouldn't have made that much of a difference to their reputations since Britain and the US are being accused of pretty much everything in the book on a daily level.

At the end of the day SA was't going to turn into a terrorist state just because one company didnt get a lone.

We just don't need the money. It's all there, it's just in the wrong bank accounts.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by da_ruse

Probably true but it would be nice if they stuck there necks out.

But why would they?
Doesn't seem to matter what the US or the UK do they get criticised.

Africa needs to start sorting it's own mess out.
African's are quick to say that they can, it's about time they started proving it.
Decades of constant aid and assistance has proved inefectual and the continent is still riddled with corruption and tribal hatred.

Time to put up or shut up methinks.

We just don't need the money. It's all there, it's just in the wrong bank accounts.

Too true.
But just who has it and wtf are they doing with it?
Certainly not re-investing it in South Africa that's for sure!

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Oh really? Western nations are terribly concerned about what banana republics have to say about their foreign policy?

Rubbish.

It's because they are supposedly "neutral' that they can make an unbiased decision. Frankly, if the world bank decision makers followed the world bank guidelines, then this loan would not have been allowed.

They made the loan against several of their own guidelines, and against massive popular opinion, from both concerned South Africans and the "greens" over carbon emissions.

Let me be very clear here: if you took the same amount of money, you give give every single person in south africa a solar panel. There would be plenty of power, plenty of profit opportunities, and a "green" future. The only losers would be neighbouring countries, and big undustry, which are quite capable of looking after themselves. The winners would be every single citizen.

This is not about south africans, this is about massive profits on every step of the process, from the world bank to the south african govt to the anc to tenders to subcontractors to maintenance. The power generation will still be "owned" by the state, but few will be able to afford their overblown pricing structure. Already small businesses are closing over the price increases.

Yeah Jinx, i'm sure there were petitions, there always are. Please note how little of this has been in the headlines compared to malema and his lunatic ravings.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Too true. But just who has it and wtf are they doing with it? Certainly not re-investing it in South Africa that's for sure!

Well, the DA has logged a complaint on how much money the ANC is spending on luxury vehicles and hotels-

DA monitoring of spending indicated government was "out of touch with economic realities in South Africa".

According to a document tabled at the conference, government spending on new luxury vehicles totalled R47,4-million; on luxury hotels and other "property-related expense scandals", R4,5-million; and, on parties, banquets, conference and other such events, R203-million.

Further, government had spent a total of R16,5-million on "wasteful marketing, e-marketing and self-congratulatory advertising"; and, a total of R732,9-million on "all other items of wasteful and fruitless expenditure". The latter figure included an amount of R117,5-million "that it cost the Gauteng provincial government to cancel their motorsport contract".

www.mg.co.za...

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn

But why would they?
Doesn't seem to matter what the US or the UK do they get criticised.

Africa needs to start sorting it's own mess out.
African's are quick to say that they can, it's about time they started proving it.
Decades of constant aid and assistance has proved inefectual and the continent is still riddled with corruption and tribal hatred.

Time to put up or shut up methinks.

Thats exactly our point, we don't want aid in cash loans from the world bank. The more money thrown at the corrupt politicians the worse they get. This loan is just going to be cited as another example of all the aid Africa gets when we didnt even want it.

Also note the emphasis on wind farms. I know friends who wanted to put up wind farms when the blackouts started back in 2006 and the red tape and costs involved made it nigh impossible to undertake. Would've made good money too and been able to supply many of the homes in the 2 townships near him with affordable electricity. Now these jolly ***** are setting up shop all over.

[edit on 9-4-2010 by da_ruse]

[edit on 9-4-2010 by da_ruse]

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Eugène Terre'Blanche 'tried to rape farm worker'

www.timesonline.co.uk...

South African police are investigating the possibility of a sexual motive in the murder of Eugène Terre’Blanche after reports that he tried to sodomise his killers.

Lieutenant-General Jan Mabula confirmed that police were taking the allegations seriously. He said: "We are looking at this. We are looking at everything that is being alleged. We have also confiscated the clothing of the two accused

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
marmitenews, your avatar resembles my response.

I don't believe it's possible ... but it is HIGHLY inflammatory.

Seems to me someones actively trying to provoke a violent response form the boers.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Let the ANC have South Africa. It's already gone downhill to far let it join Zimbabwe as another corrupt, destitute and dangerous dump.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Well I cannot support any racism. One thing that I do wonder about is whether or not the ANC are more guilty of gross political ineptitude. They have not been in office long enough to have a body of precedence that tells them how a ruling party should conduct itself. The obvious collection of fancy cars, the singing of the anti-Boer song could all be explained as political ineptitude of a dangerous and embarrassing kind which can be hijacked by the very corrupt. Come on the eyes of the world are upon SA more astute politicos would have managed their images better I feel.

Please understand that I am not from SA, have few friends from there now and generally don’t know the inner workings of the country.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Posted this in the other Eugen Terblanche thread but just realised how much more pertinent it was to this one: ANC takes Freedom Front to Court

All I can say is we are in for a rocky road now if the ANC has joined the party in its most official capacity.

Oh the irony that Poland should have it's entire leadership decapitated (A pretty good leadership I am led to believe too) in one swift blow, causing untold amount of damage to the country. If the same thing happened in SA it could only have been a cause for celebration.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
TERREBLANCHE MURDER DISCUSSED ON PRISON CELLPHONE BEFORE IT HAPPENED.

Certain journalists allege that the murder of Mr.Terreblanche was discussed on cell phones at prisons before it took place .

These journalists have been blocked from printing this information.
It is also reported that the news of the murder was reported in New Zealand on the Tuesday before the murder took place.

Has anybody has heard similar reports?

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Artificium

Where did you get this info Artificium?

On another note it seems Malema is losing a lot of his own suport in the ANCYL. Malema loses it Again

Another example of how cooked the guy is. I wonder if he doesnt suffer the same thing as Mugabe regarding syphilus affecting his mentality.

Hijacking the role of other delegates. Throwing chairs at "comrades", having the cops come in to disperse riots at your own conference.

Man this is the same kind of power struggles pre-94. I'm actually half expecting hostel violence to start again.

The funniest saddest thing is his guy was still elected.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join