It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PROOF of reverse racism in South Africa - This is getting Ugly...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Positive FACTS About South Africa

Economy

1. The rand was the best performing currency against the US Dollar
between 2002 and 2005 (Bloomberg Currency Scoreboard)

2. South Africa has 55,000 high net-wealth individuals holding at least
US$1million in financial assets (World Wealth Report 2008)

3. South Africa has the 27th biggest economy in the world, with a Gross
Domestic Product of US$254 billion (World Bank)

4. South Africa accounts for almost 25% of the GDP of the entire African
continent, with an economy more than twice the size of the second biggest –
Algeria. (World Bank)

5. Gauteng is South Africa’s smallest province but produces 34% of South
Africa’s Gross Domestic Product (Stats SA)

6. The JSE Securities Exchange is the 14th largest equities exchange in the
world, with a total market capitalisation of some R2.3 trillion (JSE)

7. More than 12,000 'Black Diamond' families (South Africa’s new black middle
class) - or 50,000 people - are moving from the townships into the
suburbs of South Africa's metro areas every month (UCT Unilever Institute)

8. The black middle class grew by 30% in 2005, adding another 421,000
black adults to SA's middle-income layer and ramping up the black
population's share of SA's total middle class to almost a third. Between 2001
and 2004, there were 300,000 new black entrants to the middle class
(Financial Mail)

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Positive FACTS About South Africa

Infrastructure

1. South Africa generates two-thirds of Africa’s electricity (Eskom)
2. South African power supplier provides the fourth cheapest electricity in
the world

3. Chris Hani-Baragwanath Hospital in Soweto is the biggest hospital in the
world

4. Durban is the largest port in Africa and the ninth largest in the world.

5. There are 39 million cell phone users in South Africa (International
Telecommunication Union)

Tourism

1. The number of tourists visiting South Africa has grown by 200%
since 1994, from 3 million to over 9 million in 2007 (Dept of Environment
and Tourism)

2. The Singita game reserve was voted the best hotel in the world by the
readers of a leading travel magazine (Conde Nast Traveller)

3. The world's best land-based whale-watching spot is located in
Hermanus in the Western Cape.

4. In 2002, South Africa was the world’s fastest growing tourist
destination. In 2006, South Africa’s tourism grew at three times the global
average.

Sport

1. South Africa hosts the largest timed cycle race in the world (the Cape Argus
Cycle Tour), the world's oldest and largest ultra-marathon (the Comrades
Marathon) and the world's largest open water swimming event (the
Midmar Mile).

2. South Africa will become the first African country to host the Soccer World
Cup in 2010 … and only the second country in the world to have hosted
the Cricket, Rugby and Soccer World Cups.

3. Since the 1940s, South African golfers have won more golf majors than
any other nation, apart from the United States.

4. In 1994, we won 11 medals in the Commonwealth Games. In 2002, we
won 46.

SA Teaching the World

1. South Africa houses one of the three largest telescopes in the world at
Sutherland in the Karoo

2. South Africa is the first, and to date the only, country to build nuclear
weapons and the voluntarily dismantle its entire nuclear weapons
programme

3. South Africa Constitution is widely regarded as being one of the most
progressive in the world, drawing from the experiences of the world’s
most advanced democracies

4. The South African oil company Sasol has established the only commercially
viable oil-from-coal operations in the world.

5. Two of the world's most profoundly compassionate philosophies
originated in South Africa – Ubuntu (the belief in a universal bond of sharing
that connects all humanity) and Gandhi's notion of "passive resistance"
(Satyagraha), which he developed while living in South Africa.

Education

1. Almost a quarter of South Africa’s non-interest budget is spent on
education

2. The University of South Africa UNISA is a pioneer of tertiary distance
education and is the largest correspondence university in the world
with 250,000 students.

3. Our learner to teacher ratio has improved from 1:50 in 1994 to 1:34 in

4. South Africa’s matric pass rate has improved from 49% in 1994 to 70% in
2004, but student’s receiving university exemptions has remained at 18%

5. The first MBA programme outside of the United States was started by
the University of Pretoria in 1949 (Gordon Institute of Business Science).

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Social

1. Over thirteen million South Africans (a quarter of the population) have
access to social grants (Department of Social Development)

2. Since 1994, 500 houses have been built each day for the poor and 1,000
houses per day have received electricity

3. Seventy percent of South Africa’s population is urbanised

Environmental

1. The Kruger National Park supports the greatest variety of wildlife
species on the African continent

2. The Cango Caves near Oudsthoorn is the world’s longest underground
cave sequence

3. South Africa is the only country to house an entire floral kingdom
(fynbos), one of only 6 on the planet

4. In 1991, South Africa became the first country in the world to protect the
Great White shark.

5. South Africa has the oldest meteor scar in the world, at the Vredefort
Dome near Parys. The scar is 2 billion years old.

6. South Africa has the 3rd highest level of biodiversity (SA Tourism)

7. The Cape Hyrax’s (dassie) closest relative is the African elephant

8. South Africa has embraced the concept of trans-frontier ‘peace parks’,
linking ecological reserves across national borders

General

1. The Western Deep Levels is the world’s deepest mine at 3777 metres

2. South Africa has the world’s largest deposits of gold, chromium, platinum
and manganese

3. The only street in the world to house two Nobel Peace Prize winners is
in Soweto. Nelson Mandela and Archbishop Desmond Tutu both have houses
in Vilakazi Street, Orlando West.

4. South African Breweries (SABMiller) ranks as the second largest brewing
company in the world. It supplies up to 50% of China's beer.

5. Cape Town has the fifth-best blue sky in the world, according to the UK's
National Physical Laboratory

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
^^
I think the teacher thing has dropped drastically and matric pass rates have been affected by a drop in requirements. And lets be honest everybody who has ever lived or even been to SA knows what it's like where race is concerned. Always a potential iceberg to a situation looming in the background trying to rear it's ugly head.The tension is never far away but as Ghandi said "Be the change that you want to see in the world"

If some of those stats are old now but when you look at that list and how many people affect and are affected by all those things I hope you'll realise that no one is going to let this guy ***k all that up.

So he makes life difficult for a while. Rise above it. He cant dismantle all the investment in time, labour, energy, money, and love single handedly.

Not to mention the investors. Now he wants to take on the mining industry HA! I can't wait to see how that works out for him!
Laugh at him.
Now go to the beach and enjoy your slice of paradise.

[edit on 3-4-2010 by da_ruse]

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
"Reverse racism"? What a stupid term. Look at the ideology you have. You some how believe that racism towards white people is odd or backwards as opposed to "normal racism" towards black people. By using such a term makes me believe that you yourself are probably racist, and maybe just maybe you and people like you have brought this on yourselves. This is not to say that what they are saying is right because two wrongs dont make a right. Only you know if what im saying is right, if i am wrong i apologise. But you shouldnt use such a term because it gives off that impression.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I hate to say it but he's right about it being a stupid term.

A spade is a spade.
Racism is Racism.

Don't think I agree with the "brought it on yourselves" part

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by da_ruse

Why would you hate to say that i was right about calling "reverse racism" a stupid term?

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by roly21
"Reverse racism"? What a stupid term. Look at the ideology you have. You some how believe that racism towards white people is odd or backwards as opposed to "normal racism" towards black people. By using such a term makes me believe that you yourself are probably racist, and maybe just maybe you and people like you have brought this on yourselves. This is not to say that what they are saying is right because two wrongs dont make a right. Only you know if what im saying is right, if i am wrong i apologise. But you shouldnt use such a term because it gives off that impression.

Originally posted by da_ruse
I hate to say it but he's right about it being a stupid term.

Originally posted by roly21
reply to post by da_ruse

Why would you hate to say that i was right about calling "reverse racism" a stupid term?

Because sometimes I hate it when I have to agree with people who adopt an overly aggresive tone when correcting the error of someone else's ways.

I agree with you that the term reverse-racism implies that the it only goes one way.

I strongly disagree with the bullish tone to your posts. And as for the comment of "you and people like you have brought this on yourselves." I can only ask if you even know what the issue is as stated in the OP.

Although I am more optimistic than she is it is a fear that many people in the country have and he is not doing much to alleviate it. I just see it as blowing smoke but if what he was advocating did come to pass it would be terrible indeed.

What is it that we have brought on ourselves? Have we brought the songs on ourselves? Or have we brought the rhetorical monster who enriches himself by creating conflict and hate while riding the populist wave of supporters whom he will never empower.

Do you want to contribute to the discussion or do you just want to sit on your pedestal waving a finger at me too.
I reckon you are either
A) A big fat Troll,
B) Totally oblivious of the subject all together but decided you'd jump in because the issue of race was up for discussion and all your experiences (outside of the country in question) were of a universal natare and could be applied to the most intergrated black and white society in the world.
C) Part of Malema's lucky entourage who do find that life pays better when you scream race at every corner.
D) A normal member of his adoring congregation, who thinks the big guy really is going to help you out.

All I can say is I actually do hope you fall under D) because therein lies your hope.

In all others you are doomed to ignorance and belligerence.

I'm sorry I'm kind of new here too. But i'm calling you roly21 a fool, an ijit and a dolt.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Oh Boy - Breaking News In South Africa... And Just When All Was Going So Well...

www.iol.co.za...

Leader of the Afrikaner Weerstandsbeweging (AWB) Eugene Terreblanche was attacked and killed at his farm 10km outside Ventersdorp on Saturday, North West police said.

Captain Adele Myburgh said Terreblanche, 69, was attacked by a man and minor who worked for him after they allegedly had an argument over unpaid wages around 6pm.

"Mr Terreblanche's body was found on the bed with facial and head injuries. There was a panga on him and knobkerrie next to the bed.

"A 21-year-old man and 15-year-old boy were arrested and charged for his murder. The two told the police that the argument ensued because they were not paid for the work they did on the farm," she said.

Myburgh said Terreblanche was alone with the two workers at the time of the attack.

She said the two would appear on charges of murder in court soon. - Sapa

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Leader of Afrikaner Weerstandsbeweging(AWB) Eugene Terre'blanche was attacked and killed at his farm 10km outside Ventersdorp on Saturday.

"Mr Terre'blanche's body was found on the bed with facial and head injuries. There was a panga on him and knobkerrie next to the bed.

www.iol.co.za...

Seems like things are becoming very volatile.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by marmitenews
Leader of Afrikaner Weerstandsbeweging(AWB) Eugene Terre'blanche was attacked and killed at his farm 10km outside Ventersdorp on Saturday.

"Mr Terre'blanche's body was found on the bed with facial and head injuries. There was a panga on him and knobkerrie next to the bed.

www.iol.co.za...

Seems like things are becoming very volatile.

Whilst I don't agree with murdering him, Obviously!, I cannot help but say that it was just a matter of time...

Not very nice words, I know, but geesh what did he expect?

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
When Louis Theroux met Boer leader Eugene TerreBlanche - BBC Video http://(link tracking not allowed)/cZwX70

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 3-4-2010 by marmitenews]

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Ouch.
And just when I was starting to preach. Always thought ET would get it one day but the timing and context bode ill I must say.

Off now to do a lot of reading.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by jinx880101
reply to post by Gemwolf

In my town, Hermanus- a while back the municipal workers went on strike. Not only did they parade the streets, but they ripped open rubbish bags and threw them over peoples lawns and porches....the main roads into and in town were covered in rubbish. I was so scared... They surrounded peoples cars, the list goes on.

Pictures/ links or it didn't happen. Seriously if you are going to put in wild claims back up with something the only link to Facebook you have provided has been proven as fake. If you think my reaction to your post is harsh then perhaps you don't realise racists are generally frowned upon. Sorry but you have lost all credibility with the fake Facebook link and your racist post (disguised as concern) which I fell for for a few minutes.

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
this thread is about reverse racism, but to see some of the posts describe blacks, as "animals", savages and neanderfals, suggests racism is still alive and well on bothsides[edit on 26-3-2010 by woodwardjnr]

Well said and agree with you.

[edit on 3-4-2010 by December_Rain]

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Better informing them about HIV AIDS & how to avoid it. [edit on 23/01/2010 by jinx880101]

= Implying that S.A blacks have AIDS

Originally posted by Subjective Truth
Look around Africa how many countries run by blacks do well?

Originally posted by IntastellaBurst
Why is there a power struggle over the ****hole that South Africa is ( besides Hermanus of course)

GET out of there Jinxyyyyyy !!!!! get out now !!! start all over somewhere else, let the neanderthals have their slab of poverty back !!

reply to post by Clark Savage Jr.

Maybe a last resort...but no way we will get out or escape these animals I'm afraid.

Lol and all these people are implying they are not racist and giving suggestion on a thread called "reverse racism"

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
SA Is like some strange experiment to see if whites can life in Africa.

Do the Indians and other non-blacks living there have the same problems?

I have to say, anyone I have ever known that went to a school where blacks were the majority had to deal with constant violent attacks and harassment. From my understanding blacks also deal with a great deal of violence in these ghettos, but non-blacks were clearly singled out and attacked at a much higher level. First graders would get beaten up by teenagers. It was that ridiculous.

Personally, I have never had any problems with black people in general. I find them to be decent, easy to get to know people. Yes, they have their fair share of jerks.

I think it is the white guilt ideology that drives the violence in urban ghettos, and probably in SA as well. Supposedly, the violence and crime in these neighborhoods is due to poverty, but I grew up on the poor side of town, and we didn't have the high crime rates. If you grow up poor in the U.S., you are still living good by world standards.

This whole idea that whites have made things worse, and harder on blacks is pure nonsense, and only adds fuel to the violence.

I think at some point in time people need to face the reality that it doesn't matter if your ancestors were slaves or slave owners, conquerors or conquered, you are still the only person responsible for the life you live.

This whole pretext of overlooking unacceptable behavior because of poverty, or perceived racial injustice has to stop, because it is all around bad for everyone, for one group to pretend they shouldn't be held responsible for their bad behavior because of what their ancestors endured. Current generations shouldn't be expected to pay for what their ancestors may or may not have done.

These people who want to claim that whites do not have a right to live in Africa, or that Whites have not contributed to Africa are the racist, even the white ones who make these claims. You can be racist against your own kind.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b

These people who want to claim that whites do not have a right to live in Africa, or that Whites have not contributed to Africa are the racist, even the white ones who make these claims. You can be racist against your own kind.

I guess the same argument can be made for Australia, New Zealand, America and even Canada.

I can imagine the native Indians also have a bit of a grudge but it seems they have gotten over themselves.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
The strangest part is instead of turning me off SA this thread just makes me want to go home. For starters I can just imagine all the good Malema jokes that must be going around.

On a more serious note. This is why many people are scared.

As I have said before I think this guy will end up hanging himself but I can understand why people are worried.
Rising farm murders
Call to nationalise mines
Management lessons from ZANU-PF in Zim
And Terblanche being murdered at a time when there is much controversy over the singing of "kill the boer" are more than enough to raise a little concern at home.

It would raise total panic anywhere else in the world.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Gemwolf

I agree with you Gemwolf. What makes me sad are these bigots that shoot off their mouths knowing absolutely nothing, automatically assuming just because if a country isn't ran by white people or isn't in the western hemisphere then it's doom and gloom. FYI there are over 60 countries in Africa and some haven't seen any kind of conflict in generations. It just goes to show how much stereotypes are still believed.

No country on this planet is perfect. Everyone think Europe is all sunshine and rainbows. Aren't they in a credit crunch too? Oh yea that's right, Greece recently had to get bailed out because they had no money...sounds like an African country to me! How is Russia doing besides all the corruption...and communism.

It's just like someone pointed out earlier, our way of life isn't any better or worse than the next.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

I have to say, anyone I have ever known that went to a school where blacks were the majority had to deal with constant violent attacks and harassment. From my understanding blacks also deal with a great deal of violence in these ghettos, but non-blacks were clearly singled out and attacked at a much higher level. First graders would get beaten up by teenagers. It was that ridiculous.

Come on man! You know just as well as i do that the same thing happens with reversed skin color. A black kid in a majority white school will face the same criticisms and hostilities as a white kid in a majority black school.

The only difference would be social economic. Expect the poorer kids to resort to violence more commonly...even though rich folks will do it too.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join