It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PROOF of reverse racism in South Africa - This is getting Ugly...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by jinx880101

Personally, I can't see why any white person would stick around SA .. move away .. what's there for you? Move to Europe (not America if you don't like being called racist) or Canada, or Australia .. SA is one country I would never move to, or even visit.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Clark Savage Jr.

Oh gosh...

Maybe a last resort...but no way we will get out or escape these animals I'm afraid. Not even an old boere town. Most likely the first place they will target.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Mark my words!!! What happened in Zimbabwe WILL happen in South Africa. Confiscation of wealth from the minority race will happen. They are soft targets and no one will come to defend or help them. The UN will pretty much ignore the situation. If you live in SA and you are white it is time to start thinking about getting out before it is too late.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jinx880101

Originally posted by jinx880101
many people just brush this off and hit the ball back to apartheid days assuming that we deserve this kind of treatment.

Well those many who say such ignorant things are not firing on all cylinders as far as I am concerned because that is akin to punishing someone in Italy for the crimes of the roman legions against an indigenous tribe in ancient Britannia for instance. It does not wash and I would not give such idiotic minds a second thought other than to brush them aside with the utter contempt that they deserve.

I am truly sorry to read of your fear as no person should be made to feel as you have expressed. Other than that I can only urge you to perhaps consider looking into moving to another country and yes I know this is an extreme measure but even here in Scotland I have sometimes wondered how long it would take before your country would go the way of Zimbabwe and it looks like my theories on the hidden bitterness one day coming to the fore might in fact have been accurate just from reading your posts.

It seems to be a similarity to the way the Bosnian war flashed up in the way it did and it could be the way your own countries hidden bitterness could also burst into being. It could literally all burst wide open into street by street carnage within the space of a day and I can understand your fear as I would not wish to be in such a situation and if I was also a woman in such a hell – a true nightmare.

I hope that you are able to remain safe and that you are able to get out while you are still able to get out and I hope I am only being melodramatic.

Emigrate to Scotland
Working in the UK

In your position I would probably cut my losses and get the hell out, easier said than done when you have built a life but I can think of no other way if the hate in your country is running as deep as I have suspected for some time and I hope you remain safe and without fear.

Concerned!

[edit on 25-3-2010 by SmokeJaguar67]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

You know it's topics like these that get me all worked up. I can go on and on about how (South African) white folks work themselves up about nothing - and they're at their best when they can come together and complain about everything that's wrong instead of actually doing something...

Threads like these give outsiders a warped perception about SA. Sure it's not all red roses and fluffy bunnies, but show me a single country where this is true. There are places in America where a white guy won't dare walk alone in the streets, and vice versa. England is no walk in the park (just ask the hooligans about it)... I might consider Scotland, but who can withstand the weather? In Australia people are pretty laid back, they love cricket and rugby and a good BBQ... But try to walk 2 meters without getting bitten by something deadly or swim 5 meters without getting eaten alive by something with very sharp teeth... And New Zealand with all the sheep...

I know I'm over-exaggerating, but my point is: nowhere is perfect. For every bad aspect of SA I can name you three good aspects... For every reason you can think up to get out of the country, I can name two reasons to stay here.

And if SA is not on your "Places to visit before I die" list, then your list is incomplete...

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
We could be looking at not only a genocide and ethnic cleansing but a racial war that extends beyond SA.

WW3? Not fought by armies and bombs on macro-terratories but hand to hand, in the 'hood?

Did someone get the whole world to mass migrate so that they would be in position to rise up against oneanother for perceived localised injustices?

Edit to add: I'm sure this guy is a fan of Pan-Africanism in which I would say there is more to fear than in just SA. The African Union could be easily corrupted to tilt in this lunatics favour and he could try and 'liberate' all of Africa, the whole continent. We could be looking at genocide in SA and the whole continent if he played his cards right.
[edit on 3/25/10 by Misoir]

The African Union have been busy Eurowatching. The financial collapse of the PIIGS may heavily influence any decision for full Pan African Union. If the PIIGS are bailed out, the implied promise of insurance may encourage the PAU to progress more rapidly. I agree that the lunatic in question is as likely as any other popular leader in Africa to become the figurehead for any future PAU.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mrmerak
... If you live in SA and you are white it is time to start thinking about getting out before it is too late.

Ironically those that fled the country in the early 90's because of the fear mongering, are now all coming back...

White South Africans are moving back to the country 800,000 of them have left since Mandela's release. "People should know the grass is not always greener on the other side of the fence."
Source

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Well, even though guns are illegal, i'm sure you could find a few through the right channels. That'd be the first thing to do. After that do whatever it takes to get the F outta there ASAP.
Let the neanderthals try and run their own country.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Gemwolf

I agree with you.. it's true, and most people don't like where they are from (until they leave most of the times) .. but honestly, I have not heard or seen anything about SA that would entice me to leave.. and of the problems in SA, I would say the best bet is just leave.. why live in fear (whether self induced perspective or reality) .. I'd brave a Scottish winter over fear of being burglarized, raped and murdered in my own home in SA.

But, of course I have never been there.

But then again, I've never been to Juarez either, but im pretty sure I wouldn't want to vacation there.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Ah. But what happened to seeing is believing? The proof is in the pudding? Perhaps that alone is reason enough to visit SA. To see if everything they say is true. They say "Do something each day that scares you..."

But we're venturing too far from the topic. Bottom line is - SA is far from free of racism. It's here. The same for "reverse racism" (racism is racism - there's no such thing as "reverse racism"). But as with everything else - you'll find it everywhere. As in America, people just like to use it as a political tool. (And please don't get the impression that I condole or support racism. It's disgusting.)

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Really? Even a "free" trip?

Ja Jinx, i went on about reverse racism at another thread few weeks ago. Needed to get it out of my system, but Gemwolf is speaking the truth.

Let's ask any S.African who has been abroad, we know there is no place like home. I will admit that i loathe Johannesburg, even if i live there but our coastal cities and towns are the greatest. Where in the world would/could we see what we have here? Our weather? Safe from basically all natural distasters, even if one creeps up every 50 years it is still safer than most places.

Now, Malema ain't gonna get me off my land just like that. I am peeved what happened since the 90's, even more so that people are still being taught the "white S.African man" is bad. Let's be realistic, if all of "us" should leave the country our great great great grandparents built, S.Africa will be like the rest of this continent in no time. This is our land.

I have faith that fool Malema will be removed, maybe not "by the book"...oh i can wish that.

If we get removed by force, yes, then i have no choice. Still, white or not, i am a South African. If the worst should happen then New Zealand for me and kids.

I will say this as a white S.African, screw the racists. We know what is what, we live here and i am not giving up, esp to an uneducated idiot like Malema.

[edit on 3/25/2010 by qonone]

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Gemwolf

Threads like these give outsiders a warped perception about SA. Sure it's not all red roses and fluffy bunnies, but show me a single country where this is true.

This is not a warped version of how South Africa is. This is how it is. I see the news everyday...for a while I tried not to watch, but realized I need to know what goes for what. If you had to see what goes on here everyday, you would be disgusted! The other day we went through to Cape Town city center, and there was a riot & striking-again! It happens waaayyy too much here.

In my town, Hermanus- a while back the municipal workers went on strike. Not only did they parade the streets, but they ripped open rubbish bags and threw them over peoples lawns and porches....the main roads into and in town were covered in rubbish. I was so scared... They surrounded peoples cars, the list goes on.

What scares me here- is the corruption within the police system (not to mention the government)...

I love this country and would rather not leave. I have many family members that would have to stay, and would not want to leave them behind.

I have as much of a right to be here than anyone else. But rights don't seem to matter here. These people think Africa should be black and only black. & they will not be satisfied until it is so...

Do you have any idea how much our country has gone down the drain since BEE has been put into place? Do you have any idea how much trouble it has caused? Companies are forced to employ blacks who have no qualifications for the job, and then 6 whites in low paying positions to fix their screw ups because they have no idea what they are doing. Why do you think Eskom has such a bad name recently?

So you can sit there, and say we are over reacting and fear mongering. But when you see those headlines in a couple of years... you will know the truth.

I do hope things don't go any further, but I'm not holding my breath. And I will make sure I have the means to protect myself, should the need arise. Rather safe than sorry.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Gemwolf

You do know that the "Facebook entry" that's circulating via e-mail is fake, right? Cape Town - A posting on a Julius Malema page on Facebook has caused quite an uproar on the page. However, the profile of the person who "wrote" the posting appears to be fake. Fans of the page are furious about the posting and some are threatening to take action. On Tuesday afternoon this Malema page had 15 246 fans.

The entry isn't fake...the profile of the writer might be. Who would be so stupid as to write it from their own profile. These guys aren't complete retards.

My point is- Julius Malema sang that song for the 3rd time this year...and the last was on human rights day! The way he is hyping these people up and stoking the fire is very very wrong.. Luckily, no one can say that the song incident was fake. That fb message just shows the fruit of his actions and racist intolerance towards the white community.

He is starting a fire no one will be able to put out.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 04:18 AM
link   
I once worked at a zoo in California with a couple from South Africa. This was around 10 years ago. They were all too happy to be in the U.S. Like all the other posters saying you should pack up and go, I have the same thought.

BTW. Japan is all red roses and fluffy bunnies.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Its also like that in london. Reverse racism is used by these groups to justify there crimes against there neighbours and anyone else.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Hmmmm dont want to break up the back slapping delusions of grandure but the reason South Africa did so "well" financially in comparison to other African countries is that it's none democratically elected government enforced a system of "slavery" on the indigenous majority.

Cheap labour, cheap social welfare, corruption, ilegal arms development with Israel etc all added up to a typical rogue state where the minority live like kings and the majority suffer.

To the OP :
The facebook page was clearly conceived by someone who wants to scare you , South Africa has more whites returning than leaving and your alarmist concerns about a repeat of Zimbabwe are misplaced as there seems to be no logic to your arguement except to say that both governments are black.

[edit on 26-3-2010 by Jukiodone]

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Jukiodone

Hmmmm dont want to break up the back slapping delusions of grandure but the reason South Africa did so "well" financially in comparison to other African countries is that it's none democratically elected government enforced a system of "slavery" on the indigenous majority.

Are you talking apartheid days? Those days are long gone, there is no slavery as such going on South Africa and hasn't been for 16 years. I was not there..so I do not deserve this kind of treatment.

Cheap labour, cheap social welfare, corruption, ilegal arms development with Israel etc all added up to a typical rogue state where the minority live like kings and the majority suffer.

Exactly. This is the state of country, and we are not even at war like Israel.

To the OP : The facebook page was clearly conceived by someone who wants to scare you , South Africa has more whites returning than leaving and your alarmist concerns about a repeat of Zimbabwe are misplaced as there seems to be no logic to your arguement except to say that both governments are black.

I did not mention the repeat of Zimbabwe, please re-read the OP if you misunderstood. But yes, now that you mention it- the repossession of white farmers land with no reasoning behind it other than "this was the land of our ancestors- it belongs to us & was stolen from us"... the government of Zimbabwe knew well that those farmers paid for that land and have the paperwork to prove it.

There was recently a court case in South Africa, that forced the government to give the repossessed land back to their legal owners.

No logic to my argument? You mean, I have no right to be concerned for my safety after Julius Malema is hyping up his black people to come in and rape & kill us all? I have experienced these things first hand, believe me you will be scared for your life too. I don't think you have seen what these people are capable of when fired up and encouraged this way.

So please, do not tell me I am being illogical...until you are under such threat and fearing for your families safety. Seriously, go and read up online about what state our country is in before you judge me. Google Julius Malema, Thabo Mbeki & Jacob Zuma. Tell me then, if if you would want to live here or think of starting a family in this country.

Talk about ignorance.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 05:47 AM
link   
this thread is about reverse racism, but to see some of the posts describe blacks, as "animals", savages and neanderfals, suggests racism is still alive and well on bothsides

[edit on 26-3-2010 by woodwardjnr]

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jukiodone
South Africa has more whites returning than leaving

thats hard to believe, where does your information come? Didn't your government stop publishing those figures years ago because they didn't like them just like they don't publish crime figures (current ones at least)?

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

I believe I described something to the sorts of animalistic behavior in the OP referring to the fb message and the way they 'toi-toi' in the streets when fired up by Julies Malema. The reason I say that is because- what kind of a person could encourage such hate as to threaten the lives of little children and threatening to rape women till their last breath. Excuse me if that makes me extremely angry to call them barbaric or animalistic. What else do you call such behavior? Even the whites in apartheid days who treated blacks that way are animalistic.

Many times I see documentaries about how the Americans treated the American Indian tribes in those days & it brings me to tears. And I myself think- sheesh...white people just took what they want & have no right treating others that way. I feel the same about apartheid. When anyone is treated that way or threatened, I cannot stand it, and yes it does anger me.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join