It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rep. Cantor's Richmond Campaign Office Shot at Overnight

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

CBS

"The round struck with enough force to break the windowpane but did not penetrate the window blinds."

It FELL into his window. :shk:

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Talk about fanning the flames.. I just wonder why the TV media hasn't updated the story with the police report of the incident.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Huh.

Just shows how coincidences can happen.

I was tending towards the thought it might have come out of the "Karl Rove-like" playbook of political maneuvering...was first idea I had when hearing of it.

Referring, of course, to the stories of Mr. Rove and his frequent dirty tricks, in the past, 'framing' the left-wing, or Democratic Party in general, in various ways.

Random gun shots being fired, especially in Richmond makes sense, though.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Of course, it was a ploy, a chance to make a mountain out of a molehill, an opportunity to take a jab at the opposition.

24 hrs ago, it was an attack on a (R) Minority Whip's campaign offices.

today, an errant round fired elsewhere managed to pierce a pane of glass in an office, in a city where such things are not unheard of.

Cantor's office has no comment.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I have been on top of many flat roofs in Richmond.
It is very common to find .25 and .38 caliber lead up there that just landed. They are whole and perfectly formed bullets. There is constant gun fire in Richmond.
I was thinking along the lines of the Ghost of the late Iraqi leader.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn
Cantor's office has no comment.

Neither, apparently, do all the people who were using this 'incident' as some kind of balancing out of the HCR protesters' violent attacks against Democratic legislators who passed the law...

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   

I am not inclined to believe the Dems on this either..

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   

You don't believe what? That these incidents happened? Or that it's as big a deal as they're making it out to be?

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   

The second part.

As I stated earlier in this thread, "cry wolf" syndrome has kicked in for me.

Anything said, by any elected at the moment is automatically sent to the BS bin.

It took years for me to get to this stage but our elected sure have earned it

Come on November!!!

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by antonia

this isnt some big 'maybe'. Rahm emmanuel already stated the intent. HCR is a matter of instigation. the rest of obamas presidency will be a series of instigation techniques designed to provoke the country into violence.

so naturally, when the solution to their problem doesnt present itself...they go and see to it that it happens anyway.

personally, i dont think it ends at obama...i think his only job is to screw up the country enough so that TPTB's next poster boy can pose as our savior and be the cleanup crew.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by LurkerMan

I hate to say it but you are correct. The American people have been asleep at the switch for to long.
The foxes are in the hen house and the chickens are getting frantic.
So if the farmer shows up with his shot gun to save the chickens it is not because he want's to really hurt the fox. He just wants those dumb ole chickens for himself.
The chickens have got to learn how to protect themselves. A mighty formidable task but it has been done before.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn
The second part.

I agree. And both political parties in this country have been doing that forever. I don't know how November is going to make a difference in that. I don't think it will. Politicians are all known for taking extreme advantage of anything that makes them look like a victim of the other party.
November isn't going to change that.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Solasis
Holy crap. I hope this isn't getting serious. We can only take a few more "isolated incidents" before it's time to start being very afraid.

Alas, you have discovered and confirmed the entire point of these "incidents" and why they continue to be top line news.

The message, succinctly, is: Be afraid, be very, very afraid....

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Wanda Sykes just opened her mono log with the Richmond / Cantor story.
Not to funny but at least out there.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join