It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rep. Cantor's Richmond Campaign Office Shot at Overnight

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Here's Rep. Clyburn telling ya'll to stop supporting terrorism already.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
You can see portions of what was said at Cantor's presser here:

voices.washingtonpost.com...

Kinda ironic that he didn't want to fan flames, release the threatening emails, and he mentioned the media in the presser as well, and yet, he holds a presser, on Thursday when the incident happened Monday, it is the current Fox News ALERT, and he called out some Dems in the process.

Does this seem like someone really interested in keeping the flames extinguished?

I am sure that a video will surface soon of the presser, take a couple of minutes and absorb the whole thing, I could be looking through rose- colored glasses at the moment and would rather each member be able to come to their own conclusions of what I witnessed.

[edit on 3/25/2010 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

A sad state of affairs if riots would only hppen if a black rep is killed. Then we have to listen to all of the professional vistims get their 5 minutes of fame, as well as give them even more entitlements and concessions, pathetic.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

Its a two way street. If you're going to blame Cantor for using it to his political advantage, what about the other side?

The House Democratic leaders continued today to blame Republicans for inciting threats and vandalism against Democrats, and criticized Republican leaders for not speaking out forcefully enough to denounce the threats.

Pelosi, Hoyer blame GOP for inciting vandalism, threats.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by vor78

That's the point.. it's all about politics..

You can't claim out of one side of your mouth that you aren't releasing emails to the press to keep them out of the press at a PRESS conference.

Then out of the other side of your mouth, take the opportunity to throw jabs at the opposition, further escalating what he initially stated should be better left out of the media to avoid copycat events etc.

It seems hypocritical IMO, and just one of the reasons I don't believe the words out of any of the elected.

For another recently media blasted incident see here:

thehill.com...

I do not condone any of these tactics, we have all the power we need, at the ballot box, just hope those fanned flames have burned the bottoms of those 50%+ who usually sit out election day, and give them the gumption to cast their vote.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

I agree, to an extent. That said, Cantor and the GOP do have a right to respond to the Democrats' accusations.

My point is that if we're going to blame Cantor for scoring a few cheap political points, lets not white wash the fact that the other side is doing it, too.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

Cantor said "a bullet was shot through the window" of his campaign office. The incident happened Monday, Fox News has learned, the latest in a rash of apparent threats and acts of intimidation against members of Congress.

content.usatoday.com...

Rep. Cantor's Richmond Campaign Office Shot at OvernightRepublican Rep. Eric Cantor's Richmond campaign office was shot at Wednesday night, Fox News has learned, the latest in a rash of apparent threats and acts of intimidation against members of Congress. Republican Rep. Eric Cantor's Richmond campaign

So we have two different days reported Monday and Wednesday? So what day did this happen and is it just B.S.?

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

It was Monday, Fox errantly reported it as last night originally and changed it later after getting their facts straight.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by vor78

Two wrongs don't make a right, although 3 lefts do I have been told

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I know... What about a WWF Cage Match "Republican's VS Democrat's" shown Live on primetime Television to settle once and for all the endless bickering, and mindless dribble, that the American people have had to put up with for so long. I'd personally like to see the Sen. Reid intro with Pelosi by his side, all dolled up, and taking on the Anti-Baby Killer Texan in a three round no hold's barred match.....

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
I think this was a staged attack so that behind the scenes it can be a rallying cry for the lunatic fringe of the tea parties. They will say that the left is fighting them back and they are winning, this will piss the lunatics off and will make them do more extreme things.

I knew it wouldn't take very long for someone from the left to try and claim this was some sort of "false flag" operation done by Republicans.

Turned around right back at you: So why couldn't the incidents aimed at dems be exactly the same thing to try and make the right look bad and gather sympathy to help the dems in their (now very difficult) reelection bids?

Tell us all exactly why this couldn't also be true ...

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I dont have time to do the research for you but violence and american politics go back to the Revolutionary war.

It did not stop there. Before we had are modern ballot you clipped your "ticket" from the paper or your local party's HQ and brought it to the county seat to vote.

Many people got beat up on the way to vote. Not women as they couldnt vote untill the 20th century. But many men.

There was even a supreme court ruling about this.

Sorry I dont have the link right now in a hurry to goto my drone job.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

If we wanted to go ATS on this we would understand that its some 3rd party in most or all cases. To further divide.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
Too bad morons have to behave this way. Whoever is behind all of this really disgusts me - and I dont agree with the health bill at all.

Morons? Look no further than Rush, Sean, Savage, Beck and the right wing radio personalities that are fanning the flames of revolution and hatred of those that disagree with them. This hateful rhetoric will influence those prone to violence; it's what they want. I see it as thinly disguised racism. A conspiracy to rid America of those "useless eaters" I pray to God Almighty I'm wrong.

Who's side do you think they are on? What is their agenda? Peace?

[edit on 25-3-2010 by whaaa]

Examples of those people "fanning the flames of revolution" please ...

And you "somehow" left out the likes of Keith Olbermann and his ilk when you spoke about fanning the flames.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

"Thinly disguised racism" Wow, the race card got played quick on this one. You don't have to agree with Conservative hosts, but declaring them racist is kinda lame. I wish I could compare them to great liberal hosts.....but there aren't any.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Here's a 2+ min clip of the first part of Cantors presser earlier today, I don't understand why the AP wouldn't have just posted the whole deal? It couldn't have been but a couple minutes longer..

I'll keep looking for a bit to see if someone posts the whole presser, until then here you go:

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
No matter how you look at it, the act was designed to gain attention.

I'm afraid of the number of acts currently occurring...

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I think the guy was lucky to dodge the bullet.
JFK , Bobby K. George Wallace, ole Abe and Martin Luther King didn't.
Boys will be boys.

[edit on 26-3-2010 by Donny 4 million]

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Update.. Seems the Police version of the incident brings clarity to event at Cantor's campaign office..

Police say gunfire that hit Cantor's office was random

The bullet that hit U.S. Rep. Eric Cantor's campaign office in downtown Richmond early Tuesday was random, Richmond police spokesman Gene Lepley said this morning.

"It is a stray bullet as part of random gunfire,'' Lepley said. Police said they have no suspects.

Cantor's office declined comment.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
This one yet again provides more clarity to the incident..

www.mcall.com

RICHMOND, Va. (AP) — Richmond police say the bullet that hit a window of Republican Virginia Congressman Eric Cantor's office had been randomly fired skyward.

Amid reports of threats and vandalism against Democrats who voted Sunday for sweeping health care reforms, Cantor said at a Washington news conference Thursday that a bullet was fired into his Richmond office.

In a news release, Richmond police said that the bullet had been fired into the air early Tuesday. It hit the front window of a building that houses Cantor's campaign office as it fell to back earth at a sharp angle.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join