It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

starting an out of body experience?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Uh, no. There is no movement at all in the physical body. The physical body should be asleep during the process.

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by popeye0314
Feel your head and you will find a little chord, and no its not the famed silver chord. This is your leash......"
"Reach around and feel your back, Who is that on your back?..."
"... Once you learn the truth you will find yourself at war with all kinds of nasty little pests, all trying to tear you apart. You have been inprisoned by the demonic, and you have been a great host..."

Interesting concept...
yes there are some nasty things ouut there........But I believe mainly they are manifested from within. So If I feel someone on my back, its just a monkey, and its the same one thats there when Im awake.
If you think of anything, it is there immidiately-- it is instantaneous in the astral. Funny how those scary suckers show up right when you think of them or they are there because you fear them....
I fear nothing when I lay down, nothing will harm me nothing is gonna "get" me. I had 15 years of sleep paralysis, at no time did my manifestions ever "get" me. I ve been so scared I forgot how to breath, but It always came back to me. I never knew what was happening until I reseached it much later, and found that it can be used as a tool to higher awareness, even though it is terribly uncomfortable.
Astral travel is a form of meditation a way of separating the conciousness from the subconsciousness. It is a method of exploring ones self. Some believe it has alot to do with religion because it can be insightful or enlightening. I suppose it is a "spiritual" thing.--But I dont think it has anything to do with demons or angels ect.
Some Organized religion will tell you it is bad--meditation, yoga, AP...-- That is because an enightened one can no longer be controlled or oppressed. Many organized religions need control, to keep power, to keep revenue, to keep property, to keep sheep, to keep power......ect.
I believe the mind is a world. The "collective conciousness" dwells within our mind. DNA allows for a mental channel amongst humans and carries collective memories of human history -- It allows us to explore those things that we cannot touch or see or learn from where we are, It lets us understand what has already been learned by mankind, even if it was continents away, 100 years ago. . Conventional Institution of learning replaced such ways to knowlege over the years and we lost the art of meditation, and the reasons for it being done in the first place. There was always one dude in the clan that could do it--that could "tap into the resource", and then he taught everyone else. How did he know?
Well we all have our opinions I guess,.. and If someone wants to follow a path of their own enlightenment, no little demons going to stand in there way.
A Shamen doesnt become such just because he wakes up one day and feels like it . He must fight a war within himself and win it--That doesnt happen over night.

Kristine

[edit on 11-6-2004 by xxKrisxx]

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Is astral travel enlightenment? What has been gained by travel to the unknown? What kind of spiritual growth has been experienced? It seems to me this track is round. You wait for your chance to discover, you look, you listen, and you even see, but what has been learned? The only thing I actually learned was that there is life after death and a whole world of the spiritual. The only time I have actually recieved knowledge though was from God. If you experience astral travel and you can change your surroundings, it is most likely a lucid dream. Very near travel, but your mind is still trapped in your head. Real spiritual travel doesn't allow you to create, maybe manifest an object, but not change the whole aspect. My only advice is not to believe everything you see while in this state. Question everything, and take nothing for granted. How is it again we can believe in a spiritual realm, and still deny that there is a maker?

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I feel it is spiritual in only one aspect....'cause that is the word we use for the part of us that can "travel" beyond our obvious surroundings. This profound experience has allowed me to realize that life is to be lived on a level that benifits all other life, not just my own. It allows you to see a larger picture--The picture. Not to be just be nice, or, do unto others....but to do for the big picture all the time and life will fall into magnificant line, all the time. Whatever you use the super--awareness for is your business--..If one cannot surpass there own fears, its their issue. If someone wants to blame every misfortune, mishap, and problem on the devil its up to them. If someone wants to say my life is great because and only because of god, well thats fine too.
Like I said an opinion is just what it is, and this is just mine.

Id like to say I think your right, all this occuring within the mind, and only within the mind..that there is no actual "travel".
The percieved travel is within the world of the mind..

[edit on 11-6-2004 by xxKrisxx]

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 05:22 PM
link   
For those who want to know. Sleep paralysis is caused by the mechinism in your brain that shuts off your motor functions when you sleep so that you dont act out your dream. This can be very scary and you may feel trapped in this state. This paralysis is a symptom of Nacolepsy. Most people who have this also have episodes of muscular shut down when you laugh hard or have some other high intensity emotion. You will also experience daily episodes of tiredness that can be cured by a 15 minute nap. The truth about the paralysis is that it is a back fire in your brain, and narcolepsy is what western science calls this condition, but they still dont know why or what exactly it is. They do know what it does though. While your body is asleep and in the state called REM, your mind is awake and working. It typically takes the average person 70 minutes to hit REM sleep, but the type of person with the above hits REM in ablout 7-10 min. So, you are dealing with an unknown realm, and you are walking that thin line between physical and spiritual. The hard part is mastering your emotions so that you can tell reality from fantasy. If you are new to this I suggest reading as much as you can about sleep and dreaming. If you have been around this for a while and want to see the truth, ask God to guide you and show you what he wants you to see. And pray always.

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I have an mp3 that I just added to my shared folder. Unfortunately you can get it only if you have kazaa lite k++ or limewire. The file is approx 23 megs.
its called Ultramind ESP - CD1 07 The Long Relax
copy and paste ---- download....

and yes the username on both p2p's is websurfer

[edit on 11-6-2004 by websurfer]

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 07:48 PM
link   
oh yeah great finds by TrentRezor, paperclip and parker

paperclip www.mysticweb.org...
TrentReznor www.expage.com...
parker www.astralpulse.com...
They have been bookmarked!

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Back in 2000 - 2001 , or a bit after when i was a regular on this site there was a Astral Projection manual going around, there were 15 files inside and they tell you everything about what you are asking.

I'm really trying hard to think back here,

i'll see if i can find all the files.

edit: it was on the first ezboard message board... in a zip file called astralprojection.zip

no idea if simon or anyone can find it, but it would be really good for you to read

[edit on 12-6-2004 by Freemantis]

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrentReznor
hi,
i can e-mail the mp3 to any 1 who wants it

this will put u in the (state) almost straight away

have it on repeat and it only works through headphones!!!

I was wondering you could please send me the mp3?

[email protected]

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by TrentReznor

could you please send a copy of the mp3 to [email protected] ?

<< 1  2   >>

join