It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

starting an out of body experience?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I would greatly appreicate it if i could get that mp3 from you. That would more than likely put me under for sure

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 04:48 PM
link   
foxtrot, you were close.
What you need to do is ask a teacher to help you. There are beings in astral plane which are asigned to us as teachers. They appear when you are ready and when you call them. Just focus in your mind on them, relax, do mental excercise and wait. You'll need a lot of patience though, they wont come at first call.
This is a very complex thing and cant be easily achieved.
I highly recomend this site: www.mysticweb.org...
They offer free Astral Travel course, very very interesting and it works. The course has just started, you should ask them if you can join now, there has been only one lecture so far.

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Excellent site! Thanks for the page and tips. I now know I was starting to obe last night. Im going to try and do it again with more relaxed methods thanks again!
If anyone has any tips or ideas that they have used in the past please let me know

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I read this a couple of years ago and it is very well done,OOBE treatise by Bruce and covers everything you want to know.
Parker

p.s i see its been updated,he even includes personal experiences,and what to expect.

[Edited on 3-6-2004 by parker]

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 09:36 PM
link   
id like one....my email is nycxjason@yahoo.com ......well i tried it last night and i woke up with a headache till like after lunch in school......but i dont remember a thing about it....are you supposed to remember anything?

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 01:39 PM
link   
wow thanks for the link parker it is very helpful indeed
, and upon reading this link it has really got me to think and focus on having OBE and reaching the astral plane. I really am determined now

(p.s. feel free to u2u me and hints, all messages are welcome
)

[Edited on 4-6-2004 by freedom_88]

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Not to scare anyone, but I've read about Zen Sickness in Buddhist Meditation...Does and how would this apply to astral plane projection?
I've come close many times, but always pulled back at the last moment...But, I've done it once before while I floated around my room, it was amazing.

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Saturate your brain with as much info about a.p as possible, this can help.

Basically what you are aiming for is your body to fall asleep but your mind to remain totally aware and awake. Also your mind needs to be totally calm, as thinking about things just ruins the process. Practice meditation to help learn to calm your mind.
I just lie still and listen to the natural ring in my ears and focus on that, as it helps to keep my mind calm.
As you practice you will start to feel your body kinda fade away, its an odd sensation to describe, but you will know when it starts to happen. Hypnogogic imagery kicks in and you will see all kinds of colours and all kinds of things flashing behind your eyelids, dont get scared, its all ok and part of the process. If you feel your body start to vibrate like crazy, that means you are on the cusp of an oobe, just hold those vibes and that will eventually lead you to leave your body.

I actually find it easier to project from a lucid dream, as I can go lucid at will. But a good way to acheive lucidity in dreams is to set an alarm for about 2 hours before you usually wake up, and stay awake for about 15-20 minutes, and then go back to sleep.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Thnx for the link parker. Ill check it out. Over the weekend i tried it again. I couldnt do much except last night. I started to concentrate on my breathing. My body started to get numb in places and it was like these white lights were swimming around in my head. I tried not to focus on them. Im not sure if i was having an oobe but I did remember for about 30 seconds that I felt like I was watching my dog running through the house but he is only outside all the time. Was this a dream or the start of an oobe? I also have a question that i know is different for everybody..... What is the feeling or perception that you get when you know you are in an oobe? Ive heard of pops, wind, and "sound of silence". Is there any of you that could help me out? Id appreciate it.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Well, the "wind" feeling and sound happens when you are separating from your physical body. After that is silence, or more correctly, a lack of everday noise like cars outside, the fridge, TV maybe, those are the sounds that I didn't hear while OBE-ing. But I did hear music that was not coming from the physical world.
Also I noticed one more thing. Usualy in everyday life there are many thoughts in our head at the same time, things we see, things we hear, memories, all kinds of thoughts all mixed together into a huge mess. But while out of body there is only one thought in your "head" and after that one is passed the next thought comes and so on. It is all very peaceful.
If you havent mastered OBE well, when you leave your body everything you see might seem blury at first, you wont see things clearly. With time things will become more clear.
You should also be careful. There are beings in the astral plane who are not very friendly. They cannot harm you in any way though, but they can scare you and you will return to your body then. So, you should be prepared for that.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 04:50 PM
link   
alright cool. I wont worry about the bad monsters!
If i do then they will be there right? So no prob there. I just finished reading a link and got some more insight on oobe-ing. Ive only started to do this for about a week now so I know its going to take some practice. Thanks again.
If anyone has anymore suggestions please feel free to u2u me or post a reply.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I'm going to try this tonight, sounds intresting. But I believe that you aren't accually leaving your body, it's just a dream.

This has happened to me before without trying to. Most of the times I get awaken because I seem to fall (actual falling) into my body.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I suggest not doing it. It is a huge mistake. You will find yourself lost between this world and another not knowing which is real. I dont mean physically lost, just emotionally. It is a scam, and for anyone that is into oobe, the next time you think you are cruising the astral highway try this.
Feel your head and you will find a little chord, and no its not the famed silver chord. This is your leash.
As you are flying along getting caught up in the pretty sights. Stop for a second and clear your thoughts. Once clear, try standing up. Yes that is ground underneath you. Hmmm, not where you thought you where.
And finally, once you figure out that you aren't really cruising the astral web, and you are ready to see where you really are..... Reach around and feel your back, Who is that on your back?
Once you learn the truth you will find yourself at war with all kinds of nasty little pests, all trying to tear you apart. You have been inprisoned by the demonic, and you have been a great host.

How do I know? Twenty years of experience. Started as a single trip to see a healer of the astral nature. She said she was removing a spirit that was hanging around me. And for the next twenty years I really thought I was traveling out of my body. For those fellow travelers I suggest trying the above. For those who want to oobe, I have told you the truth about it, but it is your choice. I will tell you that the only cure once you have started is to ask Jesus to take control, and even at that the road back to spiritual health isnt easy. Once you let them in the will always want to come back.

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 04:44 PM
link   
what is the Mp3's title?

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I started astral travelling when I was 18 and it scared the living daylights out of me. At the time I didn't even know such a thing existed until later on when I started talking to people about my experiences. I have had many different journeys and alot where I was searching for particular people. I have even had an experience where I travelled back in time, has anyone else done this? I have never had any control over these projections in fact it feels like something is pulling me out of my body and have seen black robed figures which I wasted no time in telling to leave me the feck alone. Every time I feel this starting to happen to me I fight it. Definitely to freaky for me!

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Ive done it before, but it wasnt very pleasant for me. I was having one of those damn sleep paralysis moments and I was freaking out so I was struggling to move as much as I could and all of a sudden I floated out of my body and landed on the floor, I started crawling towards my moms room because I thought I was dying, I didnt know what was going on, then I woke up back in my bed.

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by kyla
I started astral travelling when I was 18 and it scared the living daylights out of me. At the time I didn't even know such a thing existed until later on when I started talking to people about my experiences. I have had many different journeys and alot where I was searching for particular people. I have even had an experience where I travelled back in time, has anyone else done this? I have never had any control over these projections in fact it feels like something is pulling me out of my body and have seen black robed figures which I wasted no time in telling to leave me the feck alone. Every time I feel this starting to happen to me I fight it. Definitely to freaky for me!

Apparantly time dont work in the astral as it does here on earth so its said that time travel is easily do'able while a.p'ing.
I have also come across these robed figures, only when I seen them the robes were gray. There was a number of these about and one tried to attack me. I was'nt at all scared of them though so I totally destryed one of them and the rest kept their distance after that.

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 12:43 PM
link   
whats lost is found and whats found is mine. Knowledge is power, the power of knowledge knows no limits. Keep trying and insighting on oobes.

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 02:06 PM
link   
hmm.. definetly some things to take on board from peoples reply.. hmm.. scary things... ive been trying for an oobe for the past week now and getting really close.. but from what people have been saying on here it doesnt sound like a good thing

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 02:36 PM
link   
sometimes when i'm lying in bed trying to sleep, my whole body jolts, and i mean seriously jumps up and scares the hell out of me. is that anything to do with an oobe?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join