It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*CELL PHONES* Touch Screen Conspiracy.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
This conspiracy has zero proof behind it besides the fact it is 100percent plausible.

It is 100 percent possible now days with our tech, and touch screens, to run a backdoor program on every single touch screen cell phone, that works in the background without the user ever knowing its on the computer. Every time you touch your touch screen when its on, it will read your finger print. it is possible.

This program is working in the background at all time so you dont even know its there.

More advanced phones with a camera on the screen front can even take a picture of people giving new prints to add to their collection.

I thought of this last night because of how possible it is to do, I personally know how to create backdoor programs that run without the user having any idea. (that’s only using visual basics…. Imagine their tech0

and discuss.
common this is actually interesting. Compared to some boloney on this site

[edit on 25-3-2010 by sv_gravity 800]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I hardly use my whole finger. Just my very tip top, so no way is a print going to make a full match with a partial print if it is true.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Good thing I use my knuckle

yes it's getting scary what they can do with technology! I had a friend tell me about web cams and how people can get into them when you arent even using it. Now I just keep mine unattached when not in use.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Plausible would mean you have evidence that such technology can exist on such a small piece of equipment. I know there are finger print scanners the size of cell phones, but a cell phone has to have all the cell phone parts and then the hardware for this finger print scanner that you talk about. I do not think this is realistic, nor plausible. Honestly, it would just be plain pointless to do. Why bother scanning my fingerprint every time I use my phone? There is no logic to this.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
i can count more then 5 readable prints on my phone and i only use the tip too. but clearly there have been times where i have touched the screen with more then my tip. not paying attention, or just not caring because i don't think it matters but i have full prints on my phone and i don't try too...

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Thats a great conspiracy theory!

I have never heard this one before, so good for you thinking out of the box.

Now let's see what kind of evidence or articles or anything we can find to support or debunk it.

I like the secret taking pictures aspect.

I have new smart phone, and it is literally like a mini computer. It has a touch screen.

It also runs on Android, an open source platform, I do believe. So how can something be running in the background? Wouldnt the testers of Android be able to discover it?

How could these spy programs be programmed in without someone discovering it?

Is it plausible?

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

lol... i could do that to you about 6 years ago bro.....

picture now. 2010, this isn't 2004 anymore... web cams are old school bro.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by ninthaxis
Plausible would mean you have evidence that such technology can exist on such a small piece of equipment. I know there are finger print scanners the size of cell phones, but a cell phone has to have all the cell phone parts and then the hardware for this finger print scanner that you talk about. I do not think this is realistic, nor plausible. Honestly, it would just be plain pointless to do. Why bother scanning my fingerprint every time I use my phone? There is no logic to this.

it can, that's why its plausible, tech does exist and anyone on this website that knows a thing or two about tech, knows it exists, like me.

are you kidding me, its the most useful in the world, if your finger is on that phone and its a positive match they can guarantee your whereabouts to a 99.99% chance 00.01% chance someone has cut your finger off, or you riped the skin to fake the program.

this tech would be so useful its not funny. you know how many people on this planet haven't been printed? i new suspect uses my touch BOOM, hes categorized, my phone has stored his prints, and taken a picture of him because the prints happen to be new with no match.

its just [snip] brilliant.

if i ran the world, its what i would do.

Mod Edit - Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 25-3-2010 by elevatedone]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tormentations
I hardly use my whole finger. Just my very tip top, so no way is a print going to make a full match with a partial print if it is true.

As a forensic student who knows fingerprint forensics extremely well, just letting you know that this is not completely true.

Ive matched numerous prints based on very little of the unknown print against a standard print (from the database).

Really it does depend on how much of the print is able to be lifted and analyzed. But even a small partial print can be matched if there is a standard that has the same area of the unknown print.

With that said: I love my touch screen phone and and really am not to woried about this.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater
Thats a great conspiracy theory!

I have never heard this one before, so good for you thinking out of the box.

Now let's see what kind of evidence or articles or anything we can find to support or debunk it.

I like the secret taking pictures aspect.

I have new smart phone, and it is literally like a mini computer. It has a touch screen.

It also runs on Android, an open source platform, I do believe. So how can something be running in the background? Wouldnt the testers of Android be able to discover it?

How could these spy programs be programmed in without someone discovering it?

Is it plausible?

inscriptions that will never let anyone with a public education find it.

people really have no idea how advanced computers and computer tech is now adays.

There are computers, processors, types of ram, graphics cards, already made but wont be available to the public for another 7 years, because they are already 7 years behind coming out with all this "NEW TECH" that they've had around the last 5 years in private sectors.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

i love my touch screen

i'm not worried about this because I'm not gonna go rob a bank or blow up the USA. i'm also not worried because I've been printed before. people who haven't given their prints should somewhat think about it. Unless they dont mind, giving them up.

but this is 100 percent possible and i know it is. I've grown up a techy.

Even if this is true, its not like everyone should be scared. this type a tech would be used to ensure your whereabouts. could potentially give you, or big clients since we aren't eligible for this information a alibi in court

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by sv_gravity 800

If it exists provide evidence of fingerprint technology that can be hidden within a functioning cell phone. I have absolutely no reason to believe something because you have made a claim. The burden of proof is on you.

And I still do not see how this is worth any governments time to do? The vast majority of cell phones in use are not touch screen, and even many touch screen phones have buttons that can be used to navigate without using the screen (my Droid Eris for example).

And probably the biggest reason of them all, most people who the government would be tracking are doing illegal things. Even high school kids selling drugs to there friends know to use a $20 disposable cell phone from walmart these days.

I appreciate the creativity, but I do not see any thing of substance behind this theory.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by ninthaxis

there is so much logic, this program could be called insurance, ahahahaah. thats what i would call it, you can insure the whereabouts of someone if they have just "taped in" or if their print was just read at this destination at this time, they know where he is and where he isn't.

THAT IS GOOD INFORMATION, SMART INFORMATION, RELIABLE INFORMATION, AND THE INFORMATION YOU NEED! (if you run [snip])

Mod Edit - Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Thank you OP.
Henceforth, as a precautionary measure I will be using parts other than my finger to navigate through all touch screens before me.

>GO Train ticket machine, here I come.......<

G.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   

If it exists provide evidence of fingerprint technology that can be hidden within a functioning cell phone. I have absolutely no reason to believe something because you have made a claim. The burden of proof is on you.

And I still do not see how this is worth any governments time to do? The vast majority of cell phones in use are not touch screen, and even many touch screen phones have buttons that can be used to navigate without using the screen (my Droid Eris for example).

And probably the biggest reason of them all, most people who the government would be tracking are doing illegal things. Even high school kids selling drugs to there friends know to use a $20 disposable cell phone from walmart these days.

I appreciate the creativity, but I do not see any thing of substance behind this theory.

dude you dont get it lol.

"finger print technology" is just a program, any program can be hinden behind incriptions, backdoors, it would be like a virus on your computer, a virus is a mini program dude.... almost ALL the time you don't know its there unless your AVG picks it up. and viruses are typically made by people who dont give a [snip]and are bored, and dont care if their found, but yet they are sometimes very had to find.

sooo lets just imagine a program made by the government that they never wanted you to find..... your not gonna find it... why? their that good

i don't need to prove to you the tech is available because its been available since before touchscreen cellphones even hit the market, and i'm sure alot of people on this site are aware of that.

anyone thats very good at Visual Basics knows just how easy a program like this could be to produce, and thats just using visual basics, imagin what programs the gove uses, we dont have access to them i bet.

Mod Edit - removed profanity -

Mod Note: You Have An Urgent U2U- Click Here.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Why get it from your cell phone?

Think about this one:

All they need is your filled out census form, with name and address...
You licked the envelope to seal it....(DNA sample)
You used your fingers to put the form in the envelope....(fingerprints)
All that information on one single document.
Now they have a file started and you were just being forced by the gov't to fill it out.
It IS a federal law now to fill out your census form....

Now THAT'S a conspiracy!

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   

With everything that is known about Echelon, NSA, CIA and all the other intelligence gathering services out there, voice recognition software seems much more probable than back door fingerprint program. If there is a choice between installing something on a device or using external means to get the same data, a person of intelligence will always utilize the external means. Why is that, you may ask? Because a back door program, no matter how cleverly hidden leaves evidence to its creator. If found, it is a huge liability to the cell phone company and the government. Voice recognition software that is already in use by intelligence agencies all over the world leave absolutely no detectable evidence for the user to obtain.

[edit on 25-3-2010 by ninthaxis]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by havok

i like it very nice. good point.

but mine like i said would be more of a insurance system

they can insure the wearabouts of people.

say i put my finger on this phone right now and its on and it does have the tech we are talking about. serveral things are going to happen.

1. it reads my figerprint
2. it knows my name, where i live, where i work.
3. it figures out where i am as a GPS device.

its a very good tracking system, anyone useing a touchscreen can be verified of their location meaning it can be almost to a 99.99% certainty that the person is with the phone if their print was just matched

and thats what makes it so important, booo GPSing everyone, just give them a touchscreen.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   

This conspiracy has zero proof behind it

This is the worst/funniest way possible to start a thread here.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   

With everything that is known about Echelon, NSA, CIA and all the other intelligence gathering services out there, voice recognition software seems much more probable than back door fingerprint program. If there is a choice between installing something on a device or using external means to get the same data, a person of intelligence will always utilize the external means. Why is that, you may ask? Because a back door program, no matter how cleverly hidden leaves evidence to its creator. If found, it is a huge liability to the cell phone company and the government. Voice recognition software that is already in use by intelligence agencies all over the world leave absolutely no detectable evidence for the user to obtain.

[edit on 25-3-2010 by ninthaxis]

dude with programs offered to the public you can leave pretty much no evidence behind.

i can alienate my friends computer for months before he'd ever figure out i'm keeping all my media on his backupdrive. and thats with a public program.

i guarantee there are private programs that leave no trace evidence.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join