It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You will Ask to be RFID chipped, you will praise its creation and cure!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by EMPIRE
I want to add that there needs to be a major catalyst to get this thing moving. What exactly will that be? Economic collapse? A terrorist attack? A new pandemic/epidemic?

Do you think there needs to be a GREAT catalyst, or could it be done a little softer and little kinder by just using a WIDE and SHARED catalyst?
Loss of basic needs, Shelter, Food, Care?
A worldwide economic confused messed?
Remember the scenario is to avoid conflict, to provide a cure, to take you to the promised land.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
It will be more than just a chip.

It will be a personal area network, a neural interface to the next generation of the Internet. It will be your keys, your ID, your access to credit/debit, your phone, your GPS and your audio/video recording device. It will virtually be your life.

What will make it possible? Photonic circuits and Holographic memory.
The first multi terabyte holographic memory cards and discs will be available in a couple of years. The convergence of the technology into an implantable personal interface will be ready in 10 to 15 years.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Lebowski achiever

There needs to be more because the effects of 9-11 and 2008 are starting to wear off on some people. This can be attributed to more people "waking up", etc. Now if you have a biological attack, or an event that compromises the comforts of the average person (which 9-11 actually didn't do) you'll have your major catalyst.

Yes, they are taking small steps to achieve their goal, but they'll need a couple of more, or one major event, and then they'll have you.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by HappilyEverAfter

I had started a thread about something I saw on BBC breakfast regarding chips being used instead of cash a while back..
www.abovetopsecret.com...

It is interesting to see the people's reaction to that thread...

[edit on 25/3/10 by Lebowski achiever]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   

You touch on a very important piece. Are you familiar with Maslow's Heirarchy of Needs? If not google it, and pay attention to the very bottom of the pyramid. If you can compromise that bottom piece, or restrict it in any way, people will eat out the palm of your hand.

[edit on 25-3-2010 by EMPIRE]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by hippomchippo

Famous people endorsing it will get some people to fall in line and accept it. You see it happening everyday when a "celeb" is on a tv commercial smiling and talking about how good certain products are. Yes, that will happen also, but there needs to be something to get the "majority" of people to become two things 1.) aware of it and 2.) accept the need for it.

For those of you not familiar with business, there is something known as "Outcome based thinking", that is applicable to this entire scenario. You may read more about it here:

www.winstonbrill.com...

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
This is so tempting even to me(I would never accept it tho), I see this as a huge possibility of things to come. how many people would only see that they no longer really have to deal with the mundane task of living and hop on the oppurtunity. Its reminds me of those credit card commercials where everyone was justflowing swiping their card (until they upgraded to the touch cards) and then the one person would pull out money and mess everything up, so then they feel stupid and upgrade to the card so that the whole world would flow again

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by EMPIRE

It is not happening overnight. It will be done gradually and in a way that is acceptable to nearly everyone. We are already underway and are accepting things that are changing in the way we live without question. You watch..It will be one or two generations from now that will happily be chipped because the pros will outweigh the cons. And that is all that is needed.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Absolutely. Freedom is the ability to choose your destiny. The chip is just the method by which they can read your activity. It's no different whether I carry it in my wallet or have an intra-muscular implant. If you don't think the government can't get information from what you currently do, you'd probably be surprised. Those of you with fertile imaginations though, won't be.

I'd participate in the plan knowing that I could get out at any time by having the implant removed, but would then give up all the benefits bestowed by it.

Make no mistake this IS the direction technology is going. The same warnings were given about bar codes back in the 70's and everything is barcoded. I doubt you'll ever see mandatory chipping, but you'll see incentives for people to do it. Over a fairly short slice of time, maybe 15 or 20 years, there will be more people chipped than not and there may even turn out to be a "class-gap" where you'll see the people who are chipped have more than people who aren't. But this won't be discrimination, as people will still decide if they want to participate or not. The same BASIC rights will be available to everyone, but for those people willing to give up a bit of their privacy, yes, it will involve a small loss of privacy, they will end up getting all the benefits that are extolled by having a chip.

Here's a few things about RFID that you need to know. It needs a strong magnetic field to charge the chip to broadcast information. Latent ambient fields aren't enough. The broadcast range is anywhere from a few inches to a few dozen meters depending on the type of RF it's using. They can't be tracked if they aren't powered. The chip would likely not contain the information, but would have basic info like an ID number or possibly name, birthday, security information to protect your ID and possibly a picture.

The information required to track you is already out there. You don't need to wait for a chip for that to happen. Nor do you need to wait for it to be centralized. Unless you use cash or barter for EVERYTHING including being paid in cash, you're being kept track of right now, even. This isn't some nefarious scheme, it's just data mining and gathering. In the future, all that info, no matter how insignificant will be used to do things like plan traffic light patterns, and police patrols, and electrical peak requirements, and even find cures for diseases and causes of incidents and accidents yet to occur.

People afraid of change will continue to be afraid. The paranoid will still continue, even though the quality of the majority of lives will be greatly increased through these changes.

Yes, some people will probably use this power inappropriately, and there is only so much power that people will give up.

I'd participate in the chipping plan under the conditions specified by the OP though. In my eyes, I'm only giving up inconveniences and picking up a few efficiencies along the way.

[edit on 25-3-2010 by grahag]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lebowski achiever
reply to post by EMPIRE

It is not happening overnight. It will be done gradually and in a way that is acceptable to nearly everyone. We are already underway and are accepting things that are changing in the way we live without question. You watch..It will be one or two generations from now that will happily be chipped because the pros will outweigh the cons. And that is all that is needed.

I doubt it will take generations. And in the end, that's how things work, right? We weigh the pros versus the cons and then make our choice. By the end of my generation, it'll likely be common.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by hippomchippo

I want to add that there needs to be a major catalyst to get this thing moving. What exactly will that be? Economic collapse? A terrorist attack? A new pandemic/epidemic?

What? You have people in THIS thread, on ATS saying they will get it, you don't think Joe down the street will? They just have to find a way to market it to christians without them freaking out.

Opening:
a calm sea with a morning sun shining on the water,
a group of men seen walking along its shores in the distance,
camera sloooooowly begins to zoom as narration starts,
"there was a man once who traveled freely and spoke of salvation,
a man that asked that you give away your worldly goods and the shackles of money ,
that man spoke of a future that is here today,
freeeeeee yourself from the shackles of carrying and using money today,
(camera is now close on the group, all are facing except one with back turned, blur group, clear focus on back)
with the C.H.Irs.P. and the freedom that it brings, you will have more time,
(man turns and its clearly an image of jesus)
to serve your fellow man
(turns palms up and outstretched hands show not stigmata but a chip)
Graphic shows local registration center address.

Controversial? yes, but as the lines become blurred and the church still needs its tithe, it will come out and on board faster than communion wafer out chalise.
Must keep the contributions coming.
Praise the lord.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
It will be more than just a chip.

It will be a personal area network, a neural interface to the next generation of the Internet. It will be your keys, your ID, your access to credit/debit, your phone, your GPS and your audio/video recording device. It will virtually be your life.

What will make it possible? Photonic circuits and Holographic memory.
The first multi terabyte holographic memory cards and discs will be available in a couple of years. The convergence of the technology into an implantable personal interface will be ready in 10 to 15 years.

I think it'll be ready, but won't be mainstream until quite a bit further down the road. 25-30 years probably. I don't know too many people right now who don't keep their entire life in their wallet or phone, so it's not a huge stretch, but having that info available at your fingertips will have a certain convenience factor that many will find hard to pass up.

[edit on 25-3-2010 by grahag]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
lol Just make sure you don't get sick if you know whats good for you.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by HappilyEverAfter

Originally posted by hippomchippo

What? You have people in THIS thread, on ATS saying they will get it, you don't think Joe down the street will? They just have to find a way to market it to christians without them freaking out.

Opening:
a calm sea with a morning sun shining on the water,
a group of men seen walking along its shores in the distance,
camera sloooooowly begins to zoom as narration starts,
"there was a man once who traveled freely and spoke of salvation,
a man that asked that you give away your worldly goods and the shackles of money ,
that man spoke of a future that is here today,
freeeeeee yourself from the shackles of carrying and using money today,
(camera is now close on the group, all are facing except one with back turned, blur group, clear focus on back)
with the C.H.Irs.P. and the freedom that it brings, you will have more time,
(man turns and its clearly an image of jesus)
to serve your fellow man
(turns palms up and outstretched hands show not stigmata but a chip)
Graphic shows local registration center address.

Controversial? yes, but as the lines become blurred and the church still needs its tithe, it will come out and on board faster than communion wafer out chalise.
Must keep the contributions coming.
Praise the lord.

I doubt they could do it with a chip in jesus's palm, that would make christians pissed.
They should do it by having the pope get a chip, most christians accept what the pope says anyway for some reason.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by hippomchippo

All they really need to do is show the benefits and show the potential downsides. Let people weigh them and then adjust adoption rate by giving more perks to people with chips. It's not a far stretch. I know technophobes that won't vote because they don't trust the "machines", but they still have the opportunity to participate in the process.

The whole jesus approach would probably be viewed as sacrilegious, and I think it'd rile up more people than it would convert.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
You must be living in utopia. Human has always been greedy and they are the one enslaved others. They always told you to be responsible. Wow! what a dreamer.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I definately think this could be a reality especially if you want a majority of the poulation to start this off as everyone will see it as being saved and loads of people would sign up for it. Then the minority would pretty much be forced to follow as they wont be able to buy anything or have anything that you listed in the thread.

Doesn't matter if the money isn't there in real life there is no real money it's all just numbers and pretend money ( False Economy) it will get spent cause us humans are never content.

The government makes a problem then offers a solution that is how the population is controlled to do what the government wants

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by _SilentAssassin_
lol Just make sure you don't get sick if you know whats good for you.

You're going to have to quantify your statement. Why would you say that? Would you not want to get sick if you're NOT chipped, or if you ARE chipped? The Hippocratic oath will still be around and you'll still be treated without a chip. If you ARE sick, your illness will be documented and linked to your chip, just like it's linked to your current medical records right now.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by grahag

I just talking about the health care in general...lol
No way men. This is a very bad bad time to be microchiped.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by vkturbo
I definately think this could be a reality especially if you want a majority of the poulation to start this off as everyone will see it as being saved and loads of people would sign up for it. Then the minority would pretty much be forced to follow as they wont be able to buy anything or have anything that you listed in the thread.

Doesn't matter if the money isn't there in real life there is no real money it's all just numbers and pretend money ( False Economy) it will get spent cause us humans are never content.

The government makes a problem then offers a solution that is how the population is controlled to do what the government wants

I think for people who feel they live in a dystopian society, they'll feel like this will be a way to control them. Credit cards are around, but I know that 99.999% of the businesses support cash. It's not going away any time soon. You'll just have more options. I think people overuse the word 'forced'. No one is forcing you to get chipped and you can continue trading, using your credit cards, and using cash for as long as you want. There will be added benefits for being chipped, but you won't be forced to be chipped and won't have any less rights for being so.

Granted, I do see my glass as half full, but if I didn't, life would be quite a bit more frustrating.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join