It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Actor Dennis Hopper Reportedly Near Death

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Actor Dennis Hopper Reportedly Near Death

www.abqjournal.com

Actor Dennis Hopper is terminally ill and unable to undergo chemotherapy as he battles prostate cancer, Hopper's divorce attorney said in a court filing, The Associated Press reported.

Attorney Joseph Mannis wrote about Hopper's grave condition in a declaration filed Wednesday in Los Angeles saying the actor cannot be questioned by his wife's attorneys in a deposition, the AP said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Because this newspaper web site requires a paid subscription... with the mod's kind indulgence I'll post here what little is left of this story

Hopper, 73, and his wife, Victoria, have been locked in a bitter feud since the actor, director and artist filed to end their nearly 14-year marriage in January, according to the AP report.

Dr. David Agus, Hopper's physician, said in the filing that Hopper weighs barely 100 pounds, was extremely weak and was unable to carry on long conversations, the AP said.

The doctor added, however, that he had approved an appearance Friday by Hopper to receive a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame because it was likely to be a positive experience, according to the AP.

Hopper, who owns the historic Mabel Dodge Luhan house in Taos, was in New Mexico last year shooting the television series "Crash," a TV version of the Oscar-winning 2004 film.

He put New Mexico on the cinematic map by directing and starring in the 1969 film, "Easy Rider," and was nominated for an Academy Award for Best Original Screenplay as co-writer of the "Easy Rider" script.

Its a sad day for all us old Easy Rider fans

www.abqjournal.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

Thanks for the update DB. I worked with Mr. Hopper on a few occasions in "Crash" filmed here in the Land of Enchantment and went to a few parties of his when he lived in Taos. I hope he is resting easy!

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Yup years ago I got to meet him too...
here in Albuquerque at the High Noon in old town..
Now he had some really remarkable stories and very opinionated on the Government and their meddling into peoples lives...

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
This is such sad news. I met him briefly during a tribute concert to Brian Wilson at Radio City Music Hall in 2001. He was sitting a couple rows ahead of me and I was so thrilled to see him, that I went down to meet him. He was so gracious.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Wow, terrible news, one of my favourite actors, a great person too, its a shame.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
The cafe scene from Easy Rider.

The rednecks in Morganza were the real locals. Dennis told the crew to tell them that he, Jack and Peter had raped a girl outside of town before they started filming to get a real reaction of hate from them. One thing to remember, is other that a loose premise, Easy Rider wasn’t scripted. They made it up as they went, and most of the cast would tell you that Dennis Hopper was generally insane in those days. Dennis later said when they rode off from the Cafe scene that was the one time they were scared and wondered if they pushed it too far.

Source

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Dennis Hopper, battling cancer, to get star on Hollywood Walk of Fame

Congratulations to Dennis Hopper on his STAR today! The ceremony is scheduled for 11:30 am if anyone is able to attend and cheer him on.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I cant believe they waited so long to give this guy a star.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock
I cant believe they waited so long to give this guy a star.

Well at least he's still alive...
Like others have pointed out I wish I could be there and cheer him on...
Unlike some of the other stars, this one was well earned!

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Sad to hear. I never felt as though he really received the credit he deserved for his acting until later in his career and when his time does come, he'll be missed.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I will never forget the first time I saw Easy Rider.

I was about 8 or 9 years old. I loved the Bortherhood among Nicholos, Hopper and Peter Fonda.

This movie displayed to me what a biker is...as opposed to the ever so popular but wrong idea that all bikers are criminals.

lol

Later that year my mother cooked pancakes for about 20 bikers and thier old ladys in Jasper Alberta.

Ride on Borther Billy!

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

yea so ya feel the chill of southern folk gettin pissed.

And that story being true really makes the movie Ironic...!

thanks for sharing,
wr

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Poor Dennis Hopper. He's a great movie star. They should send him down to mexico for vitamin B-17 treatment. That's supposed to cure cancer.....

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I heard about this a few days ago on the TV. He has always been one of my favorite actors, and his work is quite impressive. Some of my favorites of his was Easy Rider, Apocalypse Now, and True Romance. I know prostate cancer well, my grandfather was stricken with it and it swallows you up from the inside. He will live on with the many awesome performances in film. Hopefully, he goes on to the next stage in peace and harmony. Dennis Hopper gets much respect from me, a fine actor, and seemed to be a very done to earth individual as well. Here are a few clips from Hopper.

Here is the scene from True Romance and one of the best segments of the film. A very powerful exchange between mob boss Christopher Walken, and Dennis Hopper humiliating his enemy and protecting his son. Some of the best movie dialogue I have ever seen, and that is probably because Quentin Tarantino wrote the screenplay. I won't post it here as I did the other ones because it is unsuitable on ATS. So, here is the link and this has got to be one of the finest scenes I have ever seen involving Dennis Hopper. Without further adieu, here is the famous, "Sicilian Scene."

*viewer discretion advised*

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 27-3-2010 by Jakes51]

new topics

top topics

join