It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Search Street After Reported Tiger Sighting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Police Search Street After Reported Tiger Sighting

www.local12.com

Neighbors on one Avondale street this morning called for help from Cincinnati Police and firefighters after they claim they saw a large cat, like a tiger, on the loose.

Dispatchers received several 911 calls around 7 a.m. Thursday from people who said they saw a large cat-like animal along the 5600 block of Glenwood Avenue, near Phoenix School. The Cincinnati Zoo did a head count and said it was not missing any of its cats.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   
This is not an adverse reaction to HCR nor a Tiger Woods story. It would appear that a tiger has been running loose in an area near the Cincinnati Zoo and the general area of Cincinnati's hospitals.

700 WLW has reported that firemen have also used the ladder truck and a pole to probe a dumpster near the school that had a reported heat signature.

Speculation has been made that an unknown privately owned tiger had escaped and the owner had quickly recaptured it.

It should be noted that this is a more nefarious area of Cincinnati that is known for heavy drug use and drug dealers.

www.local12.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
wow there was a leprachaun sighting in mobile, alabama also in a rough neighborhood www.metacafe.com...

i think its just the people on drugs seeing things, but you never know

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Was it a Bengal tiger ?
Maybe it was a fan of their NFL team !

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Ahabstar

Well if this is what they saw.

You tell em I'll drive up there right now and hunt down that dangerous critter for em

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
This happens quite frequently when irresponsible exotic pet owners. I will unfortunately have to admit drug dealers are usually the culprits, as they are able to make literally hundreds of thousands of dollars in their trade and are able to afford (and know the right "kind" of people) to purchase these animals (again, usually illegally.) It is federally legal (in the US) to keep most exotic animals. state and local laws are of course different and you have to get a permit for most. check out both the department of wildlife and agriculture if you are interested.

It is a shame because when an exotic gets out, the owner usually has very little chance of having their pet returned unless they find them themselves. If someone in the neighborhood has a rifle and sees a tiger in his backyard, you can understand what he will do next. It is a messy situation that could have been avoided by taking just a few precautions.

I have some knowledge with exotic cats as pets, but i don't keep tigers. My interest is with smaller cats. the two cats i personally am trying to get into homes are servals and cheetahs (yeah those ones.) however, even these cats shouldn't be kept in certain homes with certain people. It is a shame when drug dealers who own exotics are giving all exotic owners a bad rep.

there was a story of a beautiful white kangaroo confiscated from... you guessed it, coc aine dealers. google it XD

afterthought: I will post a thread (when i post enough) with my studies and theories on the re-domestication of the cheetah as a means of saving them from extinction. please wait till then to argue the differences between the cheetah and lions/tigers, as i use both Large cats for comparison.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_Denali

keep a cheetah as a pet? it'd eat every other pet in the neighborhood. you'd have to keep it caged; which would be a pity

please, leave the man be... he said he was sorry and went to rehab and all that trouble

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
The illegal importation of exotics is at an all time high here in the states. The average person does not have the skills nor knowledge to properly care for these so called 'pets'. If they become ill, where do you take them for treatment? Most Vets will report you and that is the correct thing to do. The 'pet' usually ends up dead and wasted for someones ego to be massaged!

Zindo

[edit on 3/25/2010 by ZindoDoone]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
hahaha, This story makes me want to go home and watch 'Grandma's Boy' for like the 8000th time, haha.

In the film, a drug dealer gets a lion, then a monkey with knowledge of kung fu, all in an attempt to keep his stash safe.

Im saying if you keep a tiger at your house, you probably get pretty good at catching it, and I would imagine you have a good idea of its personality range and what its capable of. To me, they just seem angry all the time. always roaring and stuff, and I Guess If I was a wild animal living in captivity I guess I would get P.O.ed as well.

[edit on 25-3-2010 by drsmooth23]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
here is a video of a cheetah that gets ahold of a dog.

note in the comment box "This is NOT a pet cheetah"
*ugh* www.youtube.com...

vicious. again, non domesticated animal.

ps. cheetahs are illegal as pets in the states due to their CITIES (Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species) classification
on Appendix 1 and noted as follows

Acinonyx jubatus (Annual export quotas for live specimens and hunting trophies are granted as follows: Botswana: 5; Namibia: 150; Zimbabwe: 50. The trade in such specimens is subject to the provisions of Article III of the Convention)

Im curious how much it would cost to purchase Botswana's 5 allotted cheetahs for the year (as live specimens of course.) but i bet if you can afford the hunting license you can take one (or i guess 5) as 'hunting trophies". Not sure how hunting trophies help protect endangered cats.

also iucn red list classification of Vulnerable.

[edit on 25-3-2010 by Agent_Denali]

[edit on 25-3-2010 by Agent_Denali]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Just curious, does this mean we are going to be having report's of buffalo sighting's in New York, and bronco's running the street's of Denver, my god, there could be panther's roaming Carolina, or even a Titan sighting in Nashville.... Must be Football Off-Season

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_Denali

I'm not sure about that many imported into the US, but our local Zoo here spent 50,000 just for a permit to 'transfer' a tiger from one zoo to another! It cost something like another 12,000 for the transferees to move it! I bet the legal import costs are astronomical!

Zindo

new topics

top topics

join