It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Government Aims for Paperless Society within Four Years

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ulala
Sounds good for him, good for the taxpayer, good for the English government

British Government...

England is the only nation in the UK to not have it's own Government..

But thats another story....

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Aside from the fact that there is no "internet" to control

How do you figure that? I already suspect the internet in the UK is filtered, as I get different results to others in other countries for the same search query with the same search engines.

There is plenty to filter already, not counting illegal material. I've already noticed a reduction of foreign results when using Google UK for example. I used to see a lot of results from other news organizations, but not anymore. If I use other search engines, the situation isn't much better.

Knowledge is power. Limit the knowledge, limit the power.

They've already talked about a two-tier internet, whereby content providers have to pay to have their content served faster for example.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by mirageofdeceit
How do you figure that?

If you read my earlier post, you would see how I "figured" it. The internet is a coloquial term for many interconnected networks using Internet Protocol to enable traffic to flow easily. There is no physical "internet".

I already suspect the internet in the UK is filtered, as I get different results to others in other countries for the same search query with the same search engines.

There is plenty to filter already, not counting illegal material. I've already noticed a reduction of foreign results when using Google UK for example. I used to see a lot of results from other news organizations, but not anymore. If I use other search engines, the situation isn't much better.

You're quite right, some filtering does take place, but mostly for banned or illegal content. This is mainly done by the ISP's to protect against litigation, It depends on your ISP as to what would be "filtered" though.

[edit on 27/3/10 by stumason]

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
reply to post by ROBL240

Any fears of a "global database" are about 20 years too late. All our information has been on Government computers for years.

They're just opening up this info to us plebs now and making all our information accesible to US.

THEY have had it for years already.

Another star for you.

....And add to that all the info people provide to private insurers plus the reports sent by their doctors for billing, banks, mortgage companies, credit card companies, and more.

It's all out there, and has been for a long time.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

You're quite right, some filtering does take place, but mostly for banned or illegal content. This is mainly done by the ISP's to protect against litigation, It depends on your ISP as to what would be "filtered" though.

I think there's more to the story.

...I live in Canada. Within the past year, I heard that an unnamed doctor in my city had lost his/her license; Googled for more information. Found NOTHING through Canadian-based search engines - but did find articles from Canadian newspapers through US-based Google.com - which weren't available through .ca searches.

This and other experiences have shown me that filters have been, are, and will be used to censor for economic, political and other purposes.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join