It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

STS-48 ZigZag UFO -- Prosaic Explanation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   
I've finally located and scanned my study results of this famous case:

STS-48 Prosaic Explanation – Purdue U, 1999
www.jamesoberg.com...

I explain why the 'unexplainability' theories of Kasher and others are not valid.

The main point of this report is how much research and analysis is needed to establish a prosaic explanation, and why without such research, prosaic explanations can't be brushed off or ignored when dealing with similar weird-looking shuttle videos.

"Stuff" coming off manned spacecraft in flight has been a phenomenon since the very first orbital flights. I prepared a briefing on that very topic while still at NASA, while working at Mission Control,

Raising the issue of spacecraft-generated debris and potential hazards.
www.jamesoberg.com...

Related material can be found on my home page here:
General collection of essays and resources
www.jamesoberg.com...

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Very interesting report. I have to give it to you, you may have well just put and end to a lot of sightings/reportings around the space vehicles. That would also help explain the apparent calmness the crew(s) when reporting/seeing them.

However, I have to ask. What about these videos showing large types of craft (the Tether Incident as an example). Or the rapid change of direction of the spotted objects etc.

S&F for bringing this up. Is there anyway we can validate that report? Would that be a public accessable record? I assume so but.... just curious as to who the report was rec'd by and if it was documented and/or followed.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Hei, mr Oberg...
we are here in the Aliens and UFOs forum, not in the debris/ice or too-much-realistic-thinking forum....
we expect some nice-looking UFOs.. with great music added to the show. Entertain us, please.

just a joke.

S & F, of course.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

Interesting reading. I prefer to entertain the suspicion that the well-known UFO footage from the STS missions is at least 'inconclusive.'

Unfortunately for my preference, the videos continue to have reasonable explanations....'prosaic.'

Out of idle interest...has your site received many more site-visits as an outcome of this thread? I'm just curious as my experience indicates a lot of ATSers feel reading links just interferes with their conclusions.

top topics

join