It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. time travel technologies were used as early as 1971

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
Of The Essence

Originally posted by DeafRaz
Mr. Basiago, a child participant in DARPA’s time travel program, Project Pegasus, has publicly stated how in 1971 he viewed moving images of the attack on the Twin Towers on September 11, 2001 that had been obtained from the future and brought back to the early 1970’s.

This public statement would be somewhat more convincing if it had been made prior to September 11, 2001.

My sentiments exactly.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by DeafRaz

I really think the other ATS thread has already shown that photo to be nothing other than, well - a photo of normal people from the 1940s era.

The young dude, with the sunglasses?

Check out the other thread on this, those were not unusual for the day. Look closely, you will see that the sides are a fabric of some type, to block out peripheral glare and light.

His camera, also, was shown to be from the same era.

I daresay, anyhow....IF a person were to have access to "time travel" technology, then they'd darn sure have clothing and equipment that would look appropriate for the time period.

Biggest problem for any such imaginary "traveler" would be money...think about how much currency design has changed, not just in the USA, but everywhere!

ok lets say u debunked or eliminated that one. then what about other links can u explain that>? that what it make me wonder.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Skipping over the issue as to why DARPA would send a ten year old boy instead of a specially trained Delta Force linguist back to the battle of Gettysburg, let's address the elephant in the room when it comes to time travel: the earth is not flat, nor does it stand still. If one did travel -150 years along the time axis, when one arrived the battle of Gettysburg would be 150 light years away in space. If one then located the battlefield somehow and traveled to it at the speed of light, one would arrive precisely when one left.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by DeafRaz

Well...the "Bermuda Triangle" incident I saw recently on TV, one of those "paranormal" shows.

It is a puzzling incident, but taking at purely face value (and just assuming it is accurate, exactly as described --- suspension of disbelief for the moment) --- that incident with the pilot in the Bonanza wasn't so much "time travel" as a lateral move, through space, sorta like a fold in the dimensons of space, possibly. (Remember, just throwing it out as speculative).

This DOES seem to lend some credence to certain observed "UFO" motion anomalies --- hypotheses being that they exist outside of normal space/time frame references, somehow. That's about as well as I can explain it, not even sure if it's true or not.

The rest of your links regarding CERN and the LHC?

I think that some people went running with certain comments made be scientists when they said "seeing back in time"...they were probably referring to seeing states of matter that existed early in the time of the Universe's creation event ("Big Bang"). Part of attempting to understand the nature of matter, the 'four forces', and ultimately the "T.O.E." (Theory of Everything)...a sort of 'holy grail' in physics.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Tesla, on contact with the resonating electromagnetic charge, found himself outside his time-frame reference. He reported that he could see the immediate past - present and future, all at once

same thing pilots saw past, present, and future same time.

uforeview.tripod.com...

Philadelphia Experiment AKA Project Rainbow and the Montauk time travel projects. Project Pegasus.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by DeafRaz

I believe (based on another thread here recently on ATS) that the "Philadelphia Experiment", as initially reported (and unverified) involved a ship translating through space, not time. (Unlike the motion picture account, which took a lot of poetic license --- dramatic license, really). The ship (forget her name...) allegedly disappeared from one location, reappeared somewhere else, then went back to start. Not really any time lost...

Others, 'Montauk' and 'Pegasus' I'm not up on.

(The "U.S.S. Pegasus" was (will be?) a fictional Starship in a 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' episode. IT was involved in a certain type of cloaking device technology experiment, and was out-of-phase when accidentlally rematerialized half in a solid asteroid...Big scandal, hush-hush, all that stuff. Perhaps the writer of that episode drew some inspiration from conspiracy theories?)

All about it (including plot spoilers) here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Forgot to repeat this --- time travel seems to have at least ONE big flaw, logically speaking.

We are always in motion. Our planet, Earth, is constantly moving in orbit around the Sun, and of course the entire Solar System is also moving, as a whole, in orbit about the Galactic Center.

How to reconcile time travel, by itself, when IF you 'jump' time, you no longer have the planet underfoot? This is a tough question to wrap one's mind around.

[edit on 26 March 2010 by weedwhacker]

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Reverse Time Travel Anecdote - 10/01/97

keelynet.com...

Time machines might only be available in the movies, yet many people have experienced unexplained events that seem to be temporary but very real slips into the past and the future
paranormal.about.com...

Bizarre Slips in Time

paranormal.about.com...

Time Storms in The Matrix
paranormal.about.com...

[edit on 26-3-2010 by DeafRaz]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1   >>