It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Regulated or Not, Nano-Foods Coming to a Store Near You

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
source

At last year's Institute of Food Technologists international conference, nanotechnology was the topic that generated the most buzz among the 14,000 food-scientists, chefs and manufacturers crammed into an Anaheim, Calif., hall. Though it's a word that has probably never been printed on any menu, and probably never will, there was so much interest in the potential uses of nanotechnology for food that a separate daylong session focused just on that subject was packed to overflowing.

The flavorist asked whether the Food and Drug Administration would even allow nanoingredients.

Posed a variation of the latter question, Dr. Jesse Goodman, the agency's chief scientist and deputy commissioner for science and public health, gave a revealing answer. He said he wasn't involved enough with how the FDA was handling nanomaterials in food to discuss that issue. And the agency wouldn't provide anyone else to talk about it.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
seems convenient that they would beat around the bush on this one until they end up not having to regulate it,

thus the mass is unaware of any health hazards,

glad i grow most of my food

to be honest i didn't see this already in a thread, just found out about it this morning also,

it's unnerving that they have the guts to tamper with the food supply like they do, but i honestly have no clue to what goal they intend to gain through this, other than another unhealthy, unregulated *or even if it was regulated by the FDA, we all know how 'great' they are haha*way to dumb down, and weaking the sheeple?

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   
This is infuriating! Why don't they just leave our food alone? We are getting so far away from natural foods.

join