It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radioactive materials stolen from an oil and gas exploration truck in Alice, TX

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   
RSOE EDIS Website with Description

Authorities are asking for the public’s help in finding potentially dangerous radioactive materials stolen from an oil and gas exploration truck in Alice. The Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS) reported that the theft of the nuclear materials took place on Friday night. Investigators said six lead containers containing the radioactive materials were kept in a clear plastic bag placed inside the truck’s toolbox. Each metal container is shrink-wrapped and contains a glass vial of ceramic granules called radioactive tracer “sand” used by ProTechnics, a Houston-based oil and gas exploration company. The company's truck was parked outside the Walmart store in Alice at the time of the alleged theft. The company is offering a $1,000 reward for information leading to the recovery of the containers. DSHS officials said a person handling the containers or the sand could be at risk of radiation exposure.

Whomever stole these if not shielded properly will probably end up at the hospital with radiation sickness. I hope they find the tracer sand quickly! Anyone know what these vials are used for?

[edit on 25-3-2010 by sourdiesel]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   
I saw this last night on the RSOE. I'm waiting for the MSM to get a hold of it.

"White Supremists working with Islamo-fascist Wahabbi Al-Queda and Shia Iranians known as the unholy alliance are going to create a dirty bomb to attack the President Obama in white house. We need Marshall Law."

I love the smell of cynicism in the morning,......smells like passive aggression.

To your question. Here's a possible use for the radioactive material.

Industry and research. Radioactive tracers have applications in industry. For example, a number of different oil companies may take turns using the same pipeline to ship their products from the oil fields to their refineries. How do companies A, B, and C all know when their oil is passing through the pipeline? One way to solve that problem is to add a radioactive tracer to the oil. Each company would be assigned a different tracer. A technician at the receiving end of the pipeline can use a Geiger counter to make note of changes in radiation observed in the incoming oil. Such a change would indicate that oil for a different company was being received.

If the guy was just carrying it around in a tool box, I doubt is was very radioactive.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I'm sure this has nothing to do with Operation Eagle Horizon (national level training exercise for nuclear attack).

But I suspect this is just noise. My own is opinion is this: an anthrax attack on Los Angeles. www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
humm., dont know what to think ... someone probably thought it could raise a few bucks - its radioactive, got to be expensive.
and if the news media goes hot and heavy with it... then we know something is a foot. if they dis-miss it then its a scumbag looking for
a nickle and once he gets wind of it... he will just bury it someplace.
so he doesnt go to jail under terrorism charges...
also, the NWO Chinese-Wall-Marts have Camera's everywhere so ... they should be able to see who took the stuff.

[edit on 25-3-2010 by Anti-Evil]

[edit on 25-3-2010 by Anti-Evil]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Who ever took this stuff probably only wanted the lead containers to sell as scrap. I doubt the thief even knows that the sand is radioactive and it will end up in a landfill after it gets tossed into the trash. Makes me wonder if oil is somewhat radioactive even after processing into a lubricant.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   
So are they saying this happened last friday? But was posted yesterday?

When did they realize this material was missing?

new topics

top topics

join