It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nursery Manager 'Made Babies Eat Own Vomit'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Nursery Manager 'Made Babies Eat Own Vomit'

news. sky.com

A nursery manager force fed babies in her care until they were sick and then made them eat their own vomit, a court has heard.

Laura Pettitt, 27, threw youngsters about and put blankets over their faces if they would not go to sleep, Croydon Crown Court was told.

She is also accused of roughly shaking a small baby who was born prematurely, shouting at the children and refusing to change their dirty nappies while working at Little Stars nursery in Bromley, south London.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 25-3-2010 by john124]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   
What is wrong with people nowadays!??

The courts should sentence her to the same punishment. Shake her until she's sick, and then force her to eat her own vomit, and then lock her up and throw away the key! In fact that wouldn't be severe enough punishment!

---------------------------------------------------

news. sky.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   
How disgusting! I am so thankful my wife stays home to raise our kids. I would always be so paranoid if we had to leave them at daycare all day because of so many stories like this one.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by john124

When I read the title, I was praying it wasn't the UK, although I already knew it was in the pit of my stomach.

There seems to be a recent surge on stories of neglect in this country, it sickens me to read such things. Especially with young kids, yeah so what a bit of crying might be annoying but for christ's sake she works in a nursery! What was she expecting!?

It's high time people in these positions were properly vetted before being allowed in any contact with anyone else's children.

She'll probably get just a slap on the wrist though, I'm a big lad I'd quite happily give her a bloody good shakin and force feed her baby food till she throws up.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Nice way of making people want more "draconian measures" to "protect the children"

Just keep posting news of abused or neglected children 24/7 and everybody will scream for big brother to get things "fixed".

The story doesnt even have to be true to achieve its purpose (manipulating the populace into demanding more restrictions and forcing them into self-policing).
The perfect scam.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Dynamitrios

I don’t know to be honest...

As more stories like this emerge, the more people that are choosing to home ED there children here in the UK,

Nevertheless, There has been a massive wave of people having there children taken of them due to home educating due to being accused of Neglect and emotional abuse just for removing there children from school!!

Therefore, in some ways I agree it’s a "scare tactic” but im not 100% convinced...

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by asala

Then again, there are the cases, where people remove their kids from school and are abusing them, but nothing gets done about it until it's too late. As happened with Khyra Ishaq, up here in Birmingham.

This is digusting behaviour from a professional Nursery Nurse. How she ever passed her quals to get the position I'll never know. That's assuming of course that this nursery requires qualified nursery nurses, which should be the case across the board IMO.

[edit for spellnig]

[edit on 25-3-2010 by nik1halo]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dynamitrios
Nice way of making people want more "draconian measures" to "protect the children"

Just keep posting news of abused or neglected children 24/7 and everybody will scream for big brother to get things "fixed".

The story doesnt even have to be true to achieve its purpose (manipulating the populace into demanding more restrictions and forcing them into self-policing).
The perfect scam.

People who expect the govt to fix everything is a problem in and of itself. How about the people actually do something for a change?

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Dynamitrios

Want Draconian measures? Way to blow this out of proportion, people will want her ass fired, and want to make sure it doesn't happen again. It's not 'draconian measures' to want your kids to be safe at a damn nursery.

After hearing stories on here recently about a-hole teachers aswell maybe we should just not let kids ever leave the house or wrap them in bubble wrap. Or the easiest solution of all may just be to impose something that prevents these scumbags getting the job, and near people's kids in the first place.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by ItsallCrazy
When I read the title, I was praying it wasn't the UK, although I already knew it was in the pit of my stomach.

Same here!

There seems to be a recent surge on stories of neglect in this country, it sickens me to read such things. Especially with young kids, yeah so what a bit of crying might be annoying but for christ's sake she works in a nursery! What was she expecting!?

Indeed, but as with alot of things, the advent of 24hr news reporting does make things seem like they are happening more often because they have to fill the airwaves. Stuff like this happened in the past, but was only ever reported in local rags.

It's high time people in these positions were properly vetted before being allowed in any contact with anyone else's children.

They should be, they have to undergo quite stringent CRB checks etc. But these can never tell what a person is "like", mentally.

She'll probably get just a slap on the wrist though, I'm a big lad I'd quite happily give her a bloody good shakin and force feed her baby food till she throws up.

She'll get jail time for this. They do come down hard on people that abuse kids these days.

I actually had my daughter in a childminders when she was young (6 months - 2 years), who was superb. Then at 2 the Childminder moved away and Alannah went into a nursery.

She hated it, wouldn't want to go and caused a right fuss. I wondered why this was and when I observed how the "nurses" acted around the kids when I was there, coupled with the fact that on more than one occasion I picked her up with a filthy nappy and the attitude of the "manager" it all clicked.

Most of the "nurses" were under 20 years of age, all were "chavvy" and none seemed to know how to talk to little kids, they spoke to them very derogatory and got very annoyed with them quickly.

At that point, I pulled her out of the Nursery and kept her at home (I am lucky with my shifts) until she could go to school. Saved me a packet too, can't believe I was paying £700 a month for that crap. Never again will I sue a nursery.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Lot of young girls work in nurseries now, I'm only 21 and have got a couple of mates who work in them but it's cos they really like kids not just for a job, which is most likely the case here.

When I was at nursery there was about 5 women watching roughly 25 of us daily (nursery round was till you were like 5 years old) and every single one of them was over 30 with ease.

I just don't think a lot of young people (myself included) have the patience for looking after a bunch of kids all day everyday, people are used to everything getting faster and easier and looking after kids is one thing that is just not easy, I can imagine its a stressful job but there's not one valid excuse for reacting that way to a kid so young.

You are lucky to be able keep her at home, and the £700 a month will go to better use I'm sure!

[edit on 25-3-2010 by ItsallCrazy]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Filthy worthless maggot- she is now a sub human to me, if this had have happened to my child I think I would have made sure at some point in her life, at the very LEAST, she would have been made to eat her own vomit.

This is the problem with modern Britain- childcare is never a substitute for minding your own kith and kin- YES, even parents can abuse kids but it is much less likely for the blood parent to abuse a child than anyone else

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   

reply to post by stumason

When I was at nursery there was about 5 women watching roughly 25 of us daily (nursery round was till you were like 5 years old) and every single one of them was over 30 with ease.

That sounds about right. From what I can remember (my ex is a Nursery Nurse) there should be a 3:1 Child/Carer ratio for under 18 months and 5:1 from 18 months to 5 years, so yes, you would have had at least 5 carers to 25 kids. I'm not sure, howerver whether this is law or just government guidlines.

Also, there's a reason not many older ladies work in this profession and that's because the pay is awefull, minimum wage in most cases. Most of them realise that they can earn more money working an easy job in admin for more money.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
if she did actualy do this, she is a complete c++t!

but, after reading the story... she worked their for seven years and its only reported now.

some of the claims are also a bit far fetched!

"Pettitt also allegedly forced a dummy into a little girl's mouth so hard that her gums began to bleed"

is that even possible, to make something bleed with a completly soft and rounded bit of rubber"

you know, some people are scum, but theirs people who are above scum and who WOULD and CAN make up accusations like this to get someone in trouble or out of their face "because they dont like them" . . . some people can be downright nasty esspecialy with a group mentality.

i had someone try this crap on me, although, i wasnt accused of anythgin criminal or that hurt anything... but i know from experience that people will make stuff up to try and discredit others.

i await the case, evidence and such, as surely their is evidence? or is it just this group of women against another woman they dont like?

people... hold the "she is evil" crap till the case has went on a bit!

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by boaby_phet

yeah, false accusations can occur, but reading this case, I wouldn't leave my kid anywhere near this thing...........

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by blueorder

why, because you have made a judgement on the accusations of a group of people , which has not been prooved true of false yet.

im holding judgement, but in this case i have a sence that this is probably one fgoup of females trying to get rid of another girl they dont like, and to do it they have got together and came out with this maddness, as they know it touches nerves and people will buy it without thinking ... and that stuff is effective as we can see in the replys above.

a few points, the kids with the scrapes, bumped heads and other injurys they have accused her off, why have we not heard about these in the news ?? where are the parents of these children with their evidence?

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by boaby_phet
reply to post by blueorder

why, because you have made a judgement on the accusations of a group of people , which has not been prooved true of false yet.

im holding judgement, but in this case i have a sence that this is probably one fgoup of females trying to get rid of another girl they dont like, and to do it they have got together and came out with this maddness, as they know it touches nerves and people will buy it without thinking ... and that stuff is effective as we can see in the replys above.

a few points, the kids with the scrapes, bumped heads and other injurys they have accused her off, why have we not heard about these in the news ?? where are the parents of these children with their evidence?

why would I not leave my kid with this woman? Are you serious?

She has been accused of very serious crimes against kids by several people- why would I leave my kid with a woman like that, I would need a visit by social services if I did that

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by boaby_phet

When it comes to the safety of my children I would rather falsely believe they would be in danger around someone, than falsely believe they will be safe around them.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

exactly

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Fired? She should have her license taken away and spend a good deal of time in prison where her peers (whom many are mothers) can beat some sense into her.

What a horrid example of a human being.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join