It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teacher 'Gunned Down' in front of pupils for hoax lesson

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Here we go again. Shortly after a class full of children were told that some of their number would be taken away from their homes and parents because they weren't very bright in an 'exercise', we have this ludicrous hoax played on a group of kids.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Schoolchildren were left in tears after their teacher was gunned down by a crazed hoodie in the playground - in a 'sick' role-playing stunt.
Terrified children - aged from 10 to 13 years old - watched as the supposed gunman strolled into the playground, took aim and shot the teacher, before running into the school's science lab.
Other staff in on the stunt rushed to the popular teacher's aid and appeared to give CPR in an attempt to save his life.
It was 10 minutes before the shocked pupils of Blackminster Middle School in Evesham, Worcestershire, were rounded up and taken into the school hall where teachers explained that the scenario had been mocked up as part of a forthcoming science lesson.

But pupils were left traumatised, with one having a panic attack and others being sick.
The 'shooting' happened on Tuesday after pupils were originally told there was a gun somewhere in the school.
Five minutes later, the alarm bell went and over 300 pupils were sent to the playground where three teachers could be seen running across the field before a loud sound, like gunfire, was heard and science and RE teacher Mr Kent fell to the ground and played dead.

Parents said their children were then sent back to their form rooms and called to the assembly hall ten minutes later, when the truth and a fit and healthy teacher was revealed.
However, the damage had already been done to a selection of pupils - and apparently included one girl whose father had been shot dead a few years ago.
Parents, with children at the school reacted angrily to the stunt and branded it 'inappropriate and beyond belief'.
Some said their children were still traumatised hours later.

(This is a long article, so i have only quoted part of it. To hear the headmaster's explanation, please follow the link).

Yesterday I posted a thread about a 5 year old boy who had climbed a tree and been left there by teachers who wouldn't rescue him for 'health and safety' reasons. Now we have these teachers prepared to traumatise kids in one of these 'exercises'.

Something is so wrong with our schools system and the way the kids are treated.

[edit on 25-3-2010 by berenike]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by berenike

Maybe I didnt read the article well enough but I didnt get what the "science lesson" was supposed to be?

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   
The science lesson was on human ignorance and stupidity.
Extremely successful if you ask me.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Science lesson: Is there a cure for stupid!

Lesson Results: Obviously not yet!

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

I didn't get the point of the whole thing.

Maybe we're disadvantaged in that we're not educated to the standard of these teachers?

Let's think ourselves lucky

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I found another article on it in the Telegraph - but it appears to be just a copy of the Mail article.

In any event, neither of them say just what lesson they were trying to teach.

Apparently the lesson is that a group of professional adults can convince themselves that something extremely stupid is a wonderful idea if they just put their heads together and work at it.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   
unreal.

"was a good idea at the time" WTF!

lord help us!

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Actually the science project was in psychology. Kind of an association thing. Gun kills teacher. Guns bad. Now you have a new batch of soon to be citizens who won't question their Government's restrictions on gun ownership.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Once again, WTF is wrong with the people in the UK!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?

First we have the story about children being placed on a national "Hate List" registry because they were... well, acting like children on a playground. Then there was the story yesterday of the young child who was left stuck in a tree while the teachers simply walked away due to some BS rule that forbids them from assisting him AND THEN a passerby that provided aid was arrested for tresspass. Now we have a story of young children being traumatized and being forced to witness a murder for a "Lesson". WTF!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
Do you people just simply hate your children!?!?!?!?

Perhaps you all are too busy trying to understand all of the complex legal issues surrounding your *snip* wheelie bins to care??? What a JOKE! If I was a parent, I'd be focused on getting out of the country in a BIG hurry - for the sake of my children!

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 3/25/2010 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I really hope one of the parents gets the Met Police involved, as brandishing a imitation firearm is a offense in itself. Nevermind intentionally causing distress under non-consention.

This is just beyond stupid, its torture techniques and most likely something to do with Gun Control (painted up as a Science Lesson) than anything ill-planned.

Sick.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

why not beat them to sleep and make them clean the lake when they wake up?

ala monty python?

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Obviously Im looking at this from an outside perspective that has been formed on news reports mostly. But I find the duality of the UK on guns amazing. In one hand it's demonization and bans. Not just guns but violence all around given the reports Ive read describing how one should surrender to attack rather than defend oneself.

And here in the other hand we have a school staging a mock shooting in front of children for a science lesson.

How do you go from "we're so helpless and meek we can't get a kid out of a tree lest we be hurt" to "lets have some nut gun down a teacher in front of a bunch of kids in our lesson plan."

Seems there's either too much lead in the water or you're all very complex people.

With the land mass being as small as it is and the population density being as high as it is I cant imagine there would be very drastic cultural differences across the region. Maybe styles and manners would differ but the great game-changing things should all be relatively similar (with the exception of the immigrants). Or am I mistaken? Or does regional cultural differences even factor into a situation so seemingly stupid as this?

I guess I'm just really baffled by this and looking for any sort of rationalization at all and hoping since I know nothing of living there that somebody over there could offer up an explanation.

Or, is it really as stupid as it seems and there is no rational or viable explanation?

Similar things have happened here where the cops would, unannounced to the children, preactice a raid on a school. The kids would get locked into their classrooms and the cops would storm about the building. They explain that one away with safety and training and what not but if that were the case couldnt the cops do their training when the kids werent there to be terrified?

But to do it intentionally in front of kids and have a mock murder? For a lesson? How can that be explained away?

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Exactly thisguyrighthere.

Here in the UK, the use of guns is banned however they find it appropriate to use them in an school environment? There's been an increase of gun crimes - and we always seem to think the government are "trying" to do something about it...but they're not.

Allowing young children to panic due to a planned scenerio of a death is sick.

And I don't understand how does this link to a science lesson?

But again...it seems like some sort of "test"...

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

totally correct!

it's a still WTF!

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by JIMC5499

The Nazis worked out that the easiest way to manipulate people by emotions, was by traumatisation.

The Nazis worked out, that the ideal time to traumatise someone, is in childhood.

The Nazis worked out, that seeing an event reminiscent of a childhood one, will trigger less anxiety as it is 'familiar'.

(consider the number of people with psychological disorders such as paraphilias and dissociatve identity disorder, who were sexually molested as children)

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Ridhya

i don't get it, these idiots are nazis? or what? FAIL!

there would be huge law suits in the US if this happened.

i would be there, in person with a real 357, asap!

"hey, sorry about the noise, just testing your reflexes"

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ridhya
reply to post by JIMC5499

The Nazis worked out that the easiest way to manipulate people by emotions, was by traumatisation.

The Nazis worked out, that the ideal time to traumatise someone, is in childhood.

The Nazis worked out, that seeing an event reminiscent of a childhood one, will trigger less anxiety as it is 'familiar'.

(consider the number of people with psychological disorders such as paraphilias and dissociatve identity disorder, who were sexually molested as children)

Yep, you got it chief...

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Try as I might I just can't seem to understand what the lesson was meant to be.

To be fair I am quite remote from the education system at present but my understanding was that all that is taught is guided by The National Curriculum which leaves very little room for teachers to use their own individual styles or interpretations.
This excercise must tie in somewhere with The National Curriculum or it would have required a group of teachers devising this scenario on their own.
How could so many so called educated individuals be a party to such an ill advised excercise?

I despair for the whole British education system which breeds mediocrity and compliance without question.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

seems like the whole world is in trouble, mate.

only we, stand between our kids and insanity.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by fooks
reply to post by Freeborn

seems like the whole world is in trouble, mate.

only we, stand between our kids and insanity.

(Warning - mild profanity in video)

Says it all, when it comes to the UK

top topics

<<   2 >>

join