It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kerry vs. Bush: a good indication of what you'll get

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 03:16 PM
link   
There are no links to this post, just a very interesting observation.
I had the TV in my office on while eating my lunch today & had CSpan or one of the alphabet cable news networks.
They were showing Bush at the Air Force Academy saluting & shaking the hand of each graduating cadet....all 900 of them. They had two lines, with Bush in the middle turning left & right, doing that over & over. He had also tried to make an analogy that the "war on a WORD" was equal to WWII ( which must have tickled pink the military history majors in attendance!)

Meanwhile, they give an update on Kerry, who was at a Florida college as part of a round table discussion on bio-terror & first responders. I saw many a "Doctor" nameplate & people in uniform, as well as in the packed audience. The audio clip had Kerry contrasting the exisiting plans short comings & his proposed plan's improvement.

It struck me as completely laughable first, & then completely sad afterwards.
Hysterical that they send DIM SON on a photo-op that required him to spin 900 times like some toy store marionette. I would have loved to see the 898th salute!
Contrast that with Kerry who is talking, teaching & learning about the most prevalent dangers to domestic security, & leaving it open & bare for inspection.
The sad part came when I realized, as illustrated by our ATS stalwarts, that Kerry could have been shown digging Osama out of a rabbitt hole & Bush could have been shown raping his dog.......they're praying for the Rapture that the Burning Bush will herald in his next term.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 03:22 PM
link   
What a politician you are, and as a politician, you say not much. At least in this case.

Iteresting how you attempt to say Kerry is "..talking, teaching and learning", as if he is some kind of great wise man, and then belittle Bush for congratulating every graduating cadet. As far as Kerry, nothing need be said as only dimwits would see him in the light you attempt to shine on him, and as far as the belittling of Bush, you should be ashamed.

You are capable of much better observation, don't drag yourself down to the level of a dinky New York Times columnist.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 03:31 PM
link   
That's putting me in great company!

Come on Thomas: it was a photo-op literally spun out of control. I would have like the opposite to have been the case: Bush talking to first responders & explaining why the funding hasn't been appropriated yet. Explaining why the bio terror recommendations by those panel experts have been largely ignored.

Kerry would have been a much better candidate to tell green 1st LT.'s what to expect in enetering a war that's unnecessary & for a CINC who lets the polititcal arm run things instead of Generals.

[Edited on 2-6-2004 by Bout Time]

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Damn, ANOTHER military photo op?

He's sure making the rounds to his base. I caught the "party school" tour when he did the LSU commencement last week.

Add in the Bikers for Bush and Bubbas for Beer (NASCAR dad's)...what's next?

Rodeo Clowns?

(Think PrankMonkey could get us tickets?)

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Jack Cafferty was goofing on all the Bush appearances lately.

THREE GRADUATION COMMENCEMENTS IN TWO WEEKS!

Which wouldn't even be an issue if he hadn't elected not to attend his own daughters' graduations because "the check lines would be too hard on the other parents." Of course, baby babs didn't even go so there's the rub.

Another Jack zinger this morning. On Bush comparing The War on Terror to WWII...

It would be more like WWII if after Pearl Harbor we had invaded Holland.

That's funny.

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Reported by Reuters yesterday...

"If you go back and read what (Bush) said in the campaign, he's just doing what he'd said he'd do. You've got to give him credit for that... No one has the whole truth," (Former U.S. Presdent) Clinton said.

new topics

top topics

join