It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SMALLPOX, is it back?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Breaking News:

The World Health Organisation has confirmed reports of a smallpox outbreak in Uganda.

Check out the news article here: News24

For those who don't know much about smallpox, all you need to do is google image search it, or check out these links: 1, 2. Warning! These images are extremely graphic and disturbing.

Smallpox is a deadly virus called Variola, that kills gruesomely within 16 days and spreads through the air, or by mucus exchange. It has been responsible for between 300-500 million deaths in the 20th century.
Read more at Wikipedia

The virus was officially eliminated in 1979. There have been no reported cases since.

There are however two known samples of the virus which have eluded planned destruction for the last 30 years and officially remain in the hands of WHO.

This virus is scary to say the least, knowing that it might be back is extremely scary.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 05:23 AM
link   
If there were a chance of a smallpox outbreak, it would be big news no? The MSM has been completely mum on this, nothing on BBC, nothing on CNN. I've only found a limited number of sources that have pulled this from Reuters.

To be honest this is probably a chickenpox false alarm, this has happened before. But still, if it's true, what's going on here? Who has access to the remaining samples?

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by The_Modulus

Wow - now that is news!
Without confirmation, I would treat such reports with caution however.
If it does re-appear I would bet it came from some lab or spilt blood sample. I saw a German documentary once, about a nurse who contracted it and was placed in isolation in the 1980s. Apparently the labs were keeping samples for chemical warfare purposes. Imagine that!
As an HIV-poz person in Africa MDR and XDR TB is already a major worry, and who knows how smallpox will react with HIV? It will be a nightmare.
Why is everything happening in Uganda, from myth-based HIV PREPFAR plans, to socially engineered homophobia, to new diseases? Well, few whites reside there, it's never been settled (no more than 600 whites have ever resided there at once), and it's being set-up as a human lab.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Well just to add more fuel to the fire...
its a poorly kept secret they both Russia and the US weaponized smallpox superstrains... we know that from the bio-engineers who defected to the US after the collapse of the USSR.

Not saying this is one of those but...
who else would have the active virus?

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Sounds like an attempt at ethnic cleansing to little ole me. As someone has already mentioned, smallpox has been weaponised in the past as as such it would be very easy to release it in to a population.

It's a sick world really...

Rev

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Polio and TB are both back in the United States as well. Im not sure about Smallpox though. The CDC states that it's one of the side effects of illegal immigration.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Considering all military personnel that are being deployed to Iraq or Afghanistan (at least when I was in a year ago) were being inoculated against smallpox, there is a small chance that there could be a resurgence of the virus.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Molluscum Pox Virus is definitely out there in the Elementary Schools.
It's not life threating just ugly and lasts 6 months to two years with no cure. Children definitely need nightly baths and their clothing washed so they don't get it. They get it on their hands from desks, doorknobs, other children, sleep overs, etc... I know in my son's school the boy's bathroom doesn't even have hot water to wash up with. Handwashing is really important. It looks similar to chicken pox but without the illness, just skin
rash bumps.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Big pharma is at it again,

Since 2001 Big pharma got a Franchise to start working in a new and improve smallpox vaccine to be used in children.

But the smallpox was officially eradicated and those like me that got the vaccine in the 60s have antibodies to it.

Now I guess Big pharma have the final product now that the scaremongering of smallpox on the Innocent "the children" need to start

After all they have a great success with the pandemic that never was, H1N1.

But never to say, big pharma has been many years already working on the smallpox improved vaccine.

www.ahrp.org...

[edit on 25-3-2010 by marg6043]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
If a weaponized or mutated strain of smallpox were to break out then we'd have something to worry about.

If we must reduce global populations at some point, perhaps world leaders will consider the controlled spread of such a virus.

Or maybe they are just trying to scare up more vaccine business?

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   

I watched a documentary once, I will try to find a link for it, it said that when small pox was irradicated they (TPTB) kept samples of the virus in a Level 4 bio containment facility. I thought to myself, WHY? For what reason? Spend time, money, energy to irradicate it. So many dead. You irradicated it..... Why keep some? For a field trip someday? Here children is a vial of Small pox... OHHHH AHHHHH... Good Grief, Let's keep some so some nut came release it again? Just saying, the program said We kept some. Not saying they used it.

Just seem Wrong to me.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by alexgia

We all know now that if the big pharma got a Franchise to work in a small pox vaccine they also got rights to samples of the smallpox.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
the idea behind keeping samples of the virus is to have some on hand incase it ever does make a reappearance, so that they can counter it with a vaccine. Supposedly. But if the virus is still out there in the wild, and they weren't successful in irradicating it to begin with, then what's to say the virus hasn't mutated so much that any vaccine made with a previous strain would be ineffective?

I'm not justifying the keeping of the viruses, just telling you what the idea behind keeping them was said to be.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
This has some interesting info and it stated me thinking www.whale.to...

[As smallpox has been 'eradicated by vaccination' when it turns up anywhere it is now called monkeypox.]

So since it has been "eradicated" that mean that the WHO or one of the governments deliberately released it, So the drug company that has a stockpile of the vaccine will make profits around the world, Or to trim the 2/3 of the population that has been talked about here at ATS.

The second one makes the most sense to me be cause it affects 3 - 5 year olds and any treatment would make them sterile (or who knows what else) and wouldn't be detected for 20 to 30 years and then its to late. I don't think cutting the worlds population by 2/3 would happen overnight, That compounded with other "vaccines" that they can, will and have given out.

Am I just paranoid or is it from track records of the guilty party's?

Hope I didn't ramble nonsense

DiRT

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by eightonefive

Actually they don't need samples of the virus itself to manufacture the vaccine. There are huge quantities available right now. I think from a sample of vaccine another can be made, without having to revert to using the virus.

But I agree with comments above, there's no point in keeping it around, they should have destroyed it years ago, as they had declared they would. Most likely for future bio-weapons

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by eightonefive

The virus never got away, is always been round, is just that anybody born before the vaccine was stopped had the antibodies to it, and seems that those antibodies has been able to be transfered from mother to child.

That is why new cases among the already vaccinated population and their children has stop.

But a slight variation of the smallpox or a "mutation" will affect the younger generation and not necessarily the older with the antibodies to the original smallpox.

That is why big pharma has been working in a smallpox vaccine for children.

Now is time to put in used with a few know cases and a good scaremongering.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   

"WHO is aware of the reports coming out of Uganda and is taking all the necessary measures to investigate and verify." He added that the WHO had received reports before of smallpox cases, but they had turned out to be false alarms.
"In the past, these cases have always turned out not to be smallpox and were, usually, either chickenpox or monkeypox cases," he said, stressing that these reports were of suspected cases of the disease.

www.nytimes.com...

I hope and pray that this is not a smallpox outbreak.
If it is,the world will be in for some very dark times.

However,upon further readingit looks like this outbreak hasd been declared NOT to be smallpox:

The Ministry of Health yesterday said smallpox outbreak reported in eastern Uganda is a false alarm, stressing that cases under investigation in the region are likely to be chickenpox infections.
“In Bududa District IDP camps, they (health workers) have seen suspected cases of chickenpox,” Dr Kenya Mugisha, the acting director general of health services, said. “We have sent our teams there to verify the cases but it’s not smallpox.”

www.monitor.co.ug...

KAMPALA, March 25 (Xinhua) -- The World Health Organization (WHO) office here has ruled out an outbreak of smallpox in eastern Uganda after suspected cases were reported. Joaquim Saweka, WHO country representative, told Xinhua by telephone on Thursday that preliminary investigations show that the suspected cases may turn out to be chickenpox, which is common in the East African country. "It is not smallpox, most likely it is chickenpox and these are isolated cases without linkage. It is not an outbreak," he said.

thecitizen.co.tz...

Hmm,most likeley? That does not sound definitive,but the WHO does seem to have ruled out smallpox thank god.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
If chickenpox are common in Uganda, why was there fear that this outbreak was something else? It seems to me that if you see squirrels every day you don't suddenly wake up one day and mistake them for rabbits.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Something interesting that I just remember, a few years back or may last year, the military was stock piling on smallpox vaccine, because they supposedly have to have it in stock.

does anybody else remember the news?

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Yes Marg, I do. To the person who said the reason we have it around is to manufacture a vaccine, don't kid yourself.

It is well known fact that the US Military and Russia has weapons grade Small pox virus on hand; for the sole purpose of a Bio attack.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join