It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The American Dream got 57,000,000 views for this kid.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 04:03 AM
link   

These are our children... and they think this is in their future?

Well... We did lie to them about Santa Claus, so I guess this lie isn't that bad either.

Oh God... some of these teenagers are gonna be in for a rude awakening.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 04:33 AM
link   
It would seem that popular culture continues to do exactly what it was engineered to do:

Dumb everyone down to the most superficial level possible.

I have to disagree somewhat, I do not feel that kids like him are in for a rude awakening of any kind. I do believe though, that the level of ignorance that they are being raised to live in will "shelter" them so to say from the truth.

It is sad to imagine that that kid could not describe to you the difference between a republic and a democracy.

And I would bet my life on the fact that he cannot.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Persinally what i hate most is white kids that dress and act like gangsters. Bloody hell, his hair? that jacket with a hood up? Next video he'll be pulling out a gun and calling that lass a bitch.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Yo man that was sooo dope! No pubes and the kids already hooking up with 18 year olds - that was my dream when I was 12
Except it was Farrah Fawcett back then.
Great jam by Flusher too.
Bet that kids parents are gonna crap when they see the mess from the party!
Seriously though, that was hideous. There's nothing human left in the music - electronic beats, samples, corrected pitch voices. Love the machine might be the message.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Just watching it with the sound off hurt me...... I think my head would have exploded had I had the volume on.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
what in the world are you people complaing about??
I mean realy this kids not singing about drugs killing cops or guns this kids singing about how much he likes a girl. man the stuff you all listened to in the 80des was so much more intense acdc quiet riot boy george and you complain about ganster desplays man mikel had them all just beat it .
this is tame and much better for kids then that rap or pinkfloyed or kiss man i could go on for weeks .
music is starting to go back in time im seeing less and less of that extream stuff im hearing less and less of boom boom boom in cars on the road now.
personaly i find this referashing .
but of corse i understand you guys dont want to give up your boom boom booom or electric gt bashing .
i know you miss the yelling and screaming and who killing who in this back to the basics music but belive me the kids listen to this arent going to looking for someone to bash with the tune.

top topics

join