It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Executive Order -- Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act's Consistency with Longstanding

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Full title: Executive Order -- Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act's Consistency with Longstanding Restrictions on the Use of Federal Funds for Abortion

By the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, including the "Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act" (Public Law 111-148), I hereby order as follows:

Section. 1. Policy. Following the recent enactment of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (the "Act"), it is necessary to establish an adequate enforcement mechanism to ensure that Federal funds are not used for abortion services (except in cases of rape or incest, or when the life of the woman would be endangered), consistent with a longstanding Federal statutory restriction that is commonly known as the Hyde Amendment. The purpose of this order is to establish a comprehensive, Government-wide set of policies and procedures to achieve this goal and to make certain that all relevant actors -- Federal officials, State officials (including insurance regulators) and health care providers -- are aware of their responsibilities, new and old.

Source: www.whitehouse.gov...

This was part of the deal that was cut with Stupak to get his vote along with other Democrats in order to pass Healthcare Reform.

Of course....

Blasted by left and right, Stupak appears safe back home

(CNN) -- Inside the Washington beltway, Rep. Bart Stupak is taking heat from the left and right.

Three days after a major anti-abortion group took back its "Defender of Life" award from the Michigan Democrat over his support for the health care bill, the nation's leading abortion rights groups announced Wednesday that it is backing Stupak's primary election challenger because Stupak helped delay the legislation for months.

Abortion rights groups blame Stupak for holding up the health care bill, which President Obama signed Tuesday, over objections to its abortion provisions. Abortion foes said Stupak betrayed them by ultimately signing on to the bill.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Source: www.cnn.com...

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right.

'Baby killer' outburst fuels Republican's new funding ad

WASHINGTON — Rep. Randy Neugebauer is out to prove that bad behavior can become good politics.

The Lubbock Republican, who apologized on Monday for yelling “baby killer” during the heated debate over health reform a day earlier, has launched a new fundraising ad promising to continue to speak out against abortion.

In a video posted on his campaign Web site, Neugebauer appears with his wife, Dana, and says he'll continue to crusade against abortion.

“I will continue to speak with the same passion that I spoke last night,” he said in the video taped Monday. “Maybe in a little bit different form, but still with the same intensity.”

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Source: www.chron.com...

The abortion provisions are covered by this executive order. That was the deal people. I have linked the Executive order here for you to read. Stupak doesn't deserve this from his constituency.

[edit on 3/25/2010 by whatukno]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Nothing on this executive order that shows that Stupak did nothing wrong?

Truth hurts don't it? I still say you CAN handle the truth. Here it is.

join