It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6.2 Earthquake Hits West Of Manila

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 02:53 AM
link   
A 6.2 earthquake just hit west of Manila. No casualties or damages have been reported yet.

MANILA, Philippines – A 6.2-magnitude earthquake struck west of Manila on Thursday, the seismology institute reported, causing buildings in the Philippine capital to shake and sending frightened workers out of their offices.

news.yahoo.com...

So many earthquakes lately...

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Here is a link to the USGS page that shows all the earthquakes around the world > 2.5 magnitude.
earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Emerald The Paradigm
So many earthquakes lately...

I would definitely say there's much more awareness of earthquakes lately.

But is there any indication that there are actually any more than usual?
Because a 6.1 isn't really a biggie. I know I've personally felt stronger. If an area is prone to Earthquakes, then they should be well equipped for a quake of that magnitude. But if there is faulty construction and poor living standards, then there may be an issue.

Hopefully the guys in the Phillipines have got it covered.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Whilst a 6.0+ possibly warrants it's own thread it does very much depend on where it is.

Why not try Quale Watch 2010 first? You will probably find anything of significance there, and usually in rapid-fire time!

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Curious and Concerned

6.1 isn't a biggy? Tell that to the people of Haiti whose measly 6.0 killed 250,000+

mclinking

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by mclinking

What earthquake are you referring to? I think you are confused with one of the aftershocks, which did not kill 250,000+ people.

The earthquake in Haiti was a 7.0. Not sure if you are familiar with the richter scale (a logarithmic scale), but a 7.0 is 10x bigger than a 6.0.

Unfortunately, Haiti is a very poor country with poor construction standards. This is why they were much worse off than the Chileans, who faced a much bigger earthquake.

The Phillipines is no stranger to earthquakes though, so hopefully they have got through this one ok.

top topics

join